SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to handle movies with the same title? I have both the original and the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". No matter what I do it wants to combine the fanart for the two. Any way to get them to be separate?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Is there a way to handle movies with the same title? I have both the original and the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". No matter what I do it wants to combine the fanart for the two. Any way to get them to be separate?
you probably need to title them differently "The Day The Earth Stood Still (1953)" and "The Day The Earth Stood Still (2005)" (or whatever the years are). I don't know if the display title needs to be different or just the title on the filesystem. I too have this problem (with the same movie too) and I've been too busy to track down a solution yet.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
you probably need to title them differently "The Day The Earth Stood Still (1953)" and "The Day The Earth Stood Still (2005)" (or whatever the years are). I don't know if the display title needs to be different or just the title on the filesystem. I too have this problem (with the same movie too) and I've been too busy to track down a solution yet.
Tried that already. The folder name that gets created seems to be based on only the title of the movie.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Tried that already. The folder name that gets created seems to be based on only the title of the movie.
Fanart is based off the MediaTitle tag, which is just the movie title. Once 3.0 is released, you'll be able to use the web ui and change the MediaTitle field to something different and then save, and it should download your fanart to the new directory and keep it separate from the other movie. I was planning on releasing 3.0 tonight, but i've run into a small issue, so unfortunately that won't happen tonight
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Fanart is based off the MediaTitle tag, which is just the movie title. Once 3.0 is released, you'll be able to use the web ui and change the MediaTitle field to something different and then save, and it should download your fanart to the new directory and keep it separate from the other movie. I was planning on releasing 3.0 tonight, but i've run into a small issue, so unfortunately that won't happen tonight
How about tomorrow night?

Really looking forward to 3.0.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
How about tomorrow night?

Really looking forward to 3.0.
Maybe tonight I'm basically done the coding, but I'm testing a few scenarios, and I had a issue with the metadata saving last night, so I'm hoping to resolve that tonight and maybe release. I would like to release this week, because I'm away next week.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe tonight I'm basically done the coding, but I'm testing a few scenarios, and I had a issue with the metadata saving last night, so I'm hoping to resolve that tonight and maybe release. I would like to release this week, because I'm away next week.
Sure release and leave us in the wild Just kidding I look foward to it
Old 08-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

I have been reading the FanArt posts for awhile and decided to give it a try. So far I am very impressed. I can only imagine how much effort must have gone into this so thanks.

First time trying this and I of course had to try the Beta 3.0.9

I seem to be having a few issues that maybe someone can help with.
I have it installed on a WHS with the latest official release of Sage. I also have a Sage Client on my test box. Both using the latest SageMC build.

I am able to get it to import fine in the GUI but I can not get the URL to work. I could easily have missed something in the 70 pages of post and the wiki but I have no idea what it is at this point. Also not sure what else the Web interface would offer over the SageMC interface.
My error is pretty simple: URL is "http://kerrmain:8080/bmt" (kerrmain is localhost)
404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.26 $

Not sure what to check???

Also: It seems to find most movies and TV shows without issue but I have some TV show DVD Rips that are in the Videos folders that it seems to have a problem with. I will paste the a sample of the file names of some that I know exist on thetvdb.com but that I can not seem to get in the GUI. I have tried several differnt naming strategies but nothing has seemed to work. I saw a few post similar to this but I was not sure if those problems were from the Recorded TV Library or the Videos Library.
\\KERRMAIN\Movies\Series\24\24 Season 5-Episode 1.mp4
\\KERRMAIN\Movies\Series\The Civil War\The Civil War - Episode 1 - The Cause.avi

I was wondering if there was a way to rename them that would usually work or even an alternative strategy.

Again. Great work and I am sure it will only get better.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
My error is pretty simple: URL is "http://kerrmain:8080/bmt" (kerrmain is localhost)
404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.26 $
The bmt web ui requires that the Jetty Plugin be installed. From the error message I can see that you are running nielm's webserver on port 8080 (which is fine), but do you have the Jetty pluing installed at all? If so, you'll need to access the bmt url using the jetty host: port.

Quote:
Also: It seems to find most movies and TV shows without issue but I have some TV show DVD Rips that are in the Videos folders that it seems to have a problem with. I will paste the a sample of the file names of some that I know exist on thetvdb.com but that I can not seem to get in the GUI. I have tried several differnt naming strategies but nothing has seemed to work. I saw a few post similar to this but I was not sure if those problems were from the Recorded TV Library or the Videos Library.
\\KERRMAIN\Movies\Series\24\24 Season 5-Episode 1.mp4
\\KERRMAIN\Movies\Series\The Civil War\The Civil War - Episode 1 - The Cause.avi

I was wondering if there was a way to rename them that would usually work or even an alternative strategy.
Out of the box, bmt will only scan TV files in the format "ShowName - S##E## [-optional episode title].ext", so, something like, 24 - S05E01.mp4 should work. As for The Civil War - Episode 1, not sure if that is a TV show, if so, then you'll need to add the season and episode info in the format that I described above.

good luck
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The bmt web ui requires that the Jetty Plugin be installed. From the error message I can see that you are running nielm's webserver on port 8080 (which is fine), but do you have the Jetty pluing installed at all? If so, you'll need to access the bmt url using the jetty host: port.

Out of the box, bmt will only scan TV files in the format "ShowName - S##E## [-optional episode title].ext", so, something like, 24 - S05E01.mp4 should work. As for The Civil War - Episode 1, not sure if that is a TV show, if so, then you'll need to add the season and episode info in the format that I described above.

good luck
Very Helpful, Thanks

I had installed Jetty but need to change the port 8000 because of a conflict on 8080. Edited the Jetty properties file and all is good for both plugins.

The suggestion for 24 worked fine. The Civil war is a PBS Mini Series and I changed it to a similar setup "The Civil War - S01E01 - The Cause.avi" This appears to work fine as well.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

New Question
I just installed the plugin on a new Client machine. This one is Vista as opposed to the last one that was Window7.

It will work fine if a look something up manually at this point but it does not seem to recognize anything that had been previously downloaded by the server or client machine. They all point to the same Fanart share on my WHS. (Only an hour past the install but I was expecting it to find the previously downloaded artwork.)

Did I miss something or will each machine need its own update.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Automatic feature fix

Hi Sean, congrats on your final 3.0 release. I see a lot of fixes in 3.0 final. I haven't followed this thread in a while and was just curious if you had a chance to also fixing the issue some of us were having with the automatic feature not working at all; while everything else works fine. That would be great news indeed if I missed the fix during the past several weeks...

Again, thanks for all your effort. Maybe sometime soon I can also use BMI.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
New Question
I just installed the plugin on a new Client machine. This one is Vista as opposed to the last one that was Window7.

It will work fine if a look something up manually at this point but it does not seem to recognize anything that had been previously downloaded by the server or client machine. They all point to the same Fanart share on my WHS. (Only an hour past the install but I was expecting it to find the previously downloaded artwork.)

Did I miss something or will each machine need its own update.
On each of your clients, you will need to set the central fanart dir to be that of the main server. ie, most people that run windows, use a \\server\share path (or mapped drive). This path needs to be configured on all clients.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Sean, congrats on your final 3.0 release. I see a lot of fixes in 3.0 final. I haven't followed this thread in a while and was just curious if you had a chance to also fixing the issue some of us were having with the automatic feature not working at all; while everything else works fine. That would be great news indeed if I missed the fix during the past several weeks...

Again, thanks for all your effort. Maybe sometime soon I can also use BMI.

-Michael
I haven't done anything to specifically address the issue, mainly because I can't reproduce the issue in my environments. It is almost impossible to troubleshoot an issue without being able to reproduce it... or being provided a java stack trace, etc.

That being said, in one of the beta builds, there is a configuration option in the plugin section of the web ui, called "Missing Media Items Workaround". You can try enabling this and see if you get different/better results.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Sean. If I remember right, you had mentioned that at one point someone sent you a downloadable image environment for you to see for yourself first hand on a different issue you couldnt reproduce. Maybe you could do the same in this case too? I have no idea what's involved; so, sorry if it sounds like an unreasonable request. I'm willing to even gladly donate via paypal just to show my support for the project. What do you think?

Edit: I'll also try that new feature you suggested to see if it helps..

Quote:
I haven't done anything to specifically address the issue, mainly because I can't reproduce the issue in my environments. It is almost impossible to troubleshoot an issue without being able to reproduce it... or being provided a java stack trace, etc.

That being said, in one of the beta builds, there is a configuration option in the plugin section of the web ui, called "Missing Media Items Workaround". You can try enabling this and see if you get different/better results.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Download corrupt..

Sean, I dont think you know this, but the file you just uploaded to the download section is corrupted... unexpected end of archive error.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sean, I dont think you know this, but the file you just uploaded to the download section is corrupted... unexpected end of archive error.
Thanks... I didn't know it... I never thought to test the actual download... i just re-uploaded another .zip.... i did test this one... and it does extract. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Sean. If I remember right, you had mentioned that at one point someone sent you a downloadable image environment for you to see for yourself first hand on a different issue you couldnt reproduce. Maybe you could do the same in this case too? I have no idea what's involved; so, sorry if it sounds like an unreasonable request. I'm willing to even gladly donate via paypal just to show my support for the project. What do you think?

Edit: I'll also try that new feature you suggested to see if it helps..
I wondering if a simpler approach might be to allow me to remote desktop to your computer via windows remote desktop or tightvnc. I suspect that in the cases that it is not working, it is something to do with configuration. I could take a peek around and see if I can see something out of place.

As a last resort, i'd so the vmware thing... but it's a PITA... i don't actually use vmware myself, so I need to install it, etc. (i use virtualbox). And, the size of the images makes for a very long download... i think it ended up taking me 3 days to fully download the last image
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Sean,

I was running beta 9 and it was working OK. I downloaded and installed the new version and restarted the Sage service. Now it can't find anything on thetvdb. Is there some configuration changes I should need to make?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On each of your clients, you will need to set the central fanart dir to be that of the main server. ie, most people that run windows, use a \\server\share path (or mapped drive). This path needs to be configured on all clients.
Ignore this one. I had a problem with basic stupidity.

On the fist client I had mapped the fanart directory on the share as recommended in your response but one level short of where I really meant it to be and it created the folders in a different location than on the other client machines. (In shore two different FanArt directories were created by accident)