SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
sagetv v661
sageme 639a
bmt 3.0 beta

I am trying to install bmt so i can try out smw but am having a strange problem in updating the sage.properties file with the required parms for bmt. I update the file using notepad or another editor and add the required lines. I save it and then load it again and its fine. Start up sage try to use :Http:localhost:8000/bmt for but cant establish a connection. I then go back and check the sage.properties file and the updates arent there. I've done it a number of times. The sage file isnt protected.

So then i figured i would try and use the command line so i went to the sagetv/sagetv/ file where bmt was installed. I type one of the commands and get the following:

J:\Program Files\SageTv\SageTV>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listProviders
Sage Provider Implementation: org.jdna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider; org.j
dna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider[BMT Command Line Impl]; Version: 6.5.19
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/phoenix/configu
ration/proxy/GroupProxy
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:105
)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:92
)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.configuration.proxy.G
roupProxy

appreciate any assistance....thanks..
Did you install jetty? The default port is 8080. So you should be going to http://localhost:8080/bmt
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Please forgive me if this issue has been posted elsewhere. I've searched but am not sure if I'm using good keywords for this. Also, this problem seems to involve TV Exporer as well, but since I was messing with BMT when I got myself into this pickle, I thought I would post it here.

I had not had a chance to really spend some time with the web UI, and thought I would explore a bit. I probably should have read a little more of this thread before I did that. I ended up doing a scan from there, and I believe I had Recordings checked. When I returned to the TV Explorer screen, I found that some of my fanart has been repeated incorrectly i.e. Eureka fanart is showing up on 4 or 5 different shows that are not Eureka. If I try and update fanart for those shows using metadata tools plugin, then that show will correct itself, but then duplicate its fanart to various other shows. The first two screenshot I included here shows what this looks like.

If I look at the properties of a particular show that has incorrect fanart showing from the web ui, I can see that the display title is correct, but the fanart title is not. The episode title also appears to be incorrect. Screenshot three shows what this looks like.

I tried running metadatatools from the commandline on my tv directories using the overwrite argument, but that didn't seem to change anything.

I should also note that all tv shows appear with correct fanart in the standard SageMC TV menu.

I am running the newly released SageMC 6.3.9a along with BMT ver 3.0 Beta 9 on with TVExplorer ver 1.0 on Sage ver 6.6.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Please forgive me if this issue has been posted elsewhere. I've searched but am not sure if I'm using good keywords for this. Also, this problem seems to involve TV Exporer as well, but since I was messing with BMT when I got myself into this pickle, I thought I would post it here.

I had not had a chance to really spend some time with the web UI, and thought I would explore a bit. I probably should have read a little more of this thread before I did that. I ended up doing a scan from there, and I believe I had Recordings checked. When I returned to the TV Explorer screen, I found that some of my fanart has been repeated incorrectly i.e. Eureka fanart is showing up on 4 or 5 different shows that are not Eureka. If I try and update fanart for those shows using metadata tools plugin, then that show will correct itself, but then duplicate its fanart to various other shows. The first two screenshot I included here shows what this looks like.

If I look at the properties of a particular show that has incorrect fanart showing from the web ui, I can see that the display title is correct, but the fanart title is not. The episode title also appears to be incorrect. Screenshot three shows what this looks like.

I tried running metadatatools from the commandline on my tv directories using the overwrite argument, but that didn't seem to change anything.

I should also note that all tv shows appear with correct fanart in the standard SageMC TV menu.

I am running the newly released SageMC 6.3.9a along with BMT ver 3.0 Beta 9 on with TVExplorer ver 1.0 on Sage ver 6.6.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment 8872

Attachment 8873

Attachment 8874
Where is screenshot 3 in BMT? I've been playing around and haven't seen that yet.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Where is screenshot 3 in BMT? I've been playing around and haven't seen that yet.
It's in the web UI. If you run a scan from there, I just checked "do nothing, just scan", it will create the list you see on this screenshot with all of you shows and imported video. Selecting any one of these gets you the screen you see. Although I don't think you can make any changes from here just yet.

Last edited by petereader; 08-07-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes jetty is installed and i changed the port to 8000
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
sagetv v661
sageme 639a
bmt 3.0 beta

I am trying to install bmt so i can try out smw but am having a strange problem in updating the sage.properties file with the required parms for bmt. I update the file using notepad or another editor and add the required lines. I save it and then load it again and its fine. Start up sage try to use :Http:localhost:8000/bmt for but cant establish a connection. I then go back and check the sage.properties file and the updates arent there. I've done it a number of times. The sage file isnt protected.

So then i figured i would try and use the command line so i went to the sagetv/sagetv/ file where bmt was installed. I type one of the commands and get the following:

J:\Program Files\SageTv\SageTV>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listProviders
Sage Provider Implementation: org.jdna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider; org.j
dna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider[BMT Command Line Impl]; Version: 6.5.19
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/phoenix/configu
ration/proxy/GroupProxy
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:105
)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:92
)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.configuration.proxy.G
roupProxy

appreciate any assistance....thanks..
Could you check your JARs directory and make sure that you do not have any duplicate jars in there. ie, if you see phoenix-xx.jar and phoenix.jar, then delete the phoenix-xx.jar (where xx is a version #).
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless I believe that your download on the first thread points to an outdated release... I could no get fanart to download properly till I downloaded the beta.

see this

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=239
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Regarding the Web Interface.

It doesn't download any fanart or metadata for some movies. I click on "find metadata" and pick one from the list. It fills in the fields on the right, but how do I save that information?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

There appears to be some confusion regarding the Batch Metadater Importer and what version is where.

This thread is the "Production Version" and was the last stable release of the released version 2.3.1.

This thread is the latest BETA 9 of MetaTools 3. Most of the latest plugins are requiring MetaTools 3. Please make sure you are obtaining the correct version for the appropriate plugin. MetaTools 3 does have some known bugs and limitations so that is why it was released separately form the official release. So just a heads up if you find some issues with it. You can also subscribe to that thread for the latest announcements.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 08-07-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
no... the time stamp needs to be updated for sage to import the newly collected metadata. Add a "Date Created" column to windows explorer to see when the video/movie was added.
Yeah, well, I understand why BMT does it - I just don't want it to. I often sort my movies based on "date added" so I can find the movie I want to watch quickly. Much easier than scrolling through 1000+ titles alphabetically.

BMT already has an option to "--touch"; it makes sense to have an option to NOT "--touch", don't you think?

Quote:
I don't think so.
OK, so I'm not missing something obvious - what do *you* do in this situation? How would you pick the right entry if they all look the same?

Stuckless, are you still around?
Please help!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You can include location on where it is pulled from (imdb,moviedb,tvdb)but that is up to the programer I know this because my fanart puller refresher that I copied from Jaminben says the source. I wish the addin did this as well.
Thanks for your reply - I wasn't sure if I missed something, because SageMC built-in IMDB Search UI *does* put up indicators like (TV), (VG), etc., so I assumed other IMDB-like searches should be able to do the same. (It'd be cool if SageMC has an option to export to .properties - but that's neither here nor there)

I haven't had a chance yet to try your MovieWall, but it does look very cool; once I get my arm around BMI (BMT?), I will have to take a serious look.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsin View Post
Yeah, well, I understand why BMT does it - I just don't want it to. I often sort my movies based on "date added" so I can find the movie I want to watch quickly. Much easier than scrolling through 1000+ titles alphabetically.

BMT already has an option to "--touch"; it makes sense to have an option to NOT "--touch", don't you think?
the reason BMT "touches" a file is so that Sage can see the new metadata. If you do not touch the file sage will not pick up the new metadata in the .properties file. Therefore BMT MUST touch the file.

Quote:
Stuckless, are you still around?
Please help!
he is on vacation and said he will not be around that much until the second half of august (couple of pages ago).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, so I'm not missing something obvious - what do *you* do in this situation? How would you pick the right entry if they all look the same?
Quote:
Thanks for your reply - I wasn't sure if I missed something, because SageMC built-in IMDB Search UI *does* put up indicators like (TV), (VG), etc., so I assumed other IMDB-like searches should be able to do the same. (It'd be cool if SageMC has an option to export to .properties - but that's neither here nor there)
i thought you were referring to the command line. IE showing where the metadata was pulled from in the list to choose from in the command line.

When i am running from the commandline I limit the provider search to either DVD Profiler (where all my movies are managed) or tvdb or moviedb etc at the command line. Therefore i always know where the metadata is pulling from

I posted several .bat files to make this easier. Link: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...103#post372103
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
the reason BMT "touches" a file is so that Sage can see the new metadata. If you do not touch the file sage will not pick up the new metadata in the .properties file. Therefore BMT MUST touch the file.
You are repeating yourself. As I said, I remove/add the entire folder instead, so that the Sage will see the metadata and I can keep the file dates untouched. Once I do my initial run of 1000+ movies, then I'd want BMT to touch the file dates on new movies I add. But not until then. Is this not a reasonable thing to do?

Quote:
he is on vacation and said he will not be around that much until the second half of august (couple of pages ago).
I saw he made a post earlier today - so perhaps he found some time (crossing fingers).
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You are repeating yourself. As I said, I remove/add the entire folder instead, so that the Sage will see the metadata and I can keep the file dates untouched.
sorry about that (didnt realize you were removing/adding the full video folder...
Quote:
Once I do my initial run of 1000+ movies, then I'd want BMT to touch the file dates on new movies I add. But not until then. Is this not a reasonable thing to do?
Is that not what you are seeing? Once the initial run is done (and the timestamps are modified) any subsequent runs should only update the timestamp on metadata that BMT updates (ie only the new files). At least that is the way it appears to work on my system.... I do not use the automatic plugin, only run BMT from the commandline, and when adding movies I run BMT on that particular movie/video (not the full directory). Although, I believe that even if I run BMT on the entire directory that it will not update the timestamp on files that were not modified.[/quote]
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is that not what you are seeing? Once the initial run is done (and the timestamps are modified) any subsequent runs should only update the timestamp on metadata that BMT updates (ie only the new files). At least that is the way it appears to work on my system.... I do not use the automatic plugin, only run BMT from the commandline, and when adding movies I run BMT on that particular movie/video (not the full directory). Although, I believe that even if I run BMT on the entire directory that it will not update the timestamp on files that were not modified.
It must be. On my system if I refresh the metadata thru jaminben's advanced movie info or in the regular video screen then if I view the videos thru the "Date Added" sort every movie that had it fanart/metadata refreshed is now at the top of the list. It's not good that it works that way. I figured it was the beta nature of Metatools 3 and not much to do until stuckless returns. I don't think it happens if BMT auto updates. I've seen it when I manually refresh it through an option screen in Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Sage User

BMT Feature Requests

Quote:
i thought you were referring to the command line. IE showing where the metadata was pulled from in the list to choose from in the command line.

When i am running from the commandline I limit the provider search to either DVD Profiler (where all my movies are managed) or tvdb or moviedb etc at the command line. Therefore i always know where the metadata is pulling from

I posted several .bat files to make this easier. Link: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...103#post372103
I'm not interested in "where the metadata is pulling from". I don't need BMT to tell me whether it was from tvdb or moviedb, etc. because I can specify that with --provider and I usually use imdb.

What I'm talking about is when you do a search on imdb, either in your browser on even within SageMC IMDB Search UI, they list top matches with a little tag like (TV), (VG), (V), etc. So instead of
Code:
Search Results: Star Wars The Clone Wars
00 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
01 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
02 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2002]
03 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
I would expect something like:
Code:
Search Results: Star Wars The Clone Wars
00 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
01 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008] (TV series)
02 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2002] (VG)
03 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008] (VG)
So I have 2 feature requests - one to NOT touch the time stamp, and another to display the "TV", "VG", etc., tags from imdb search.

I don't think I'm asking a lot?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

@jsin - regarding why i don't pull in the (TV) (VG) flags.... when I first wrote the tool, I never encountered an issue where I needed to worry about it. That, and I didn't actually know what VG meant (i've later looked it up). I've added an enhcancement req to preserve those attributes and then later display them in the search results.

@jsin - I am still here, but as razrsharpe noted... I'm on vacation...

@nyplayer, gplasky - I'm hopefully going to get the 3.0beta out of beta soon, so that I can maintain a single release. I've started to close out some of the issues of the issue list, and I'm adding new 3.0 issues in there as well. The next release will probably be the 3.0 final release and I'll deprecate the 2.x release.

@zakrzep - not all movies will have fanart, so it's a valid case where there may be metadata but no fanart.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I have 2 feature requests - one to NOT touch the time stamp, and another to display the "TV", "VG", etc., tags from imdb search.

I don't think I'm asking a lot?
You are not asking a lot... and your requests have been noted.... so as you browse the list, you'll see that while you are not asking a lot, other people are also not asking a lot, but together.... it does add up
Old 08-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Is that not what you are seeing? Once the initial run is done (and the timestamps are modified) any subsequent runs should only update the timestamp on metadata that BMT updates (ie only the new files). At least that is the way it appears to work on my system.....
Yes, what you are saying is what happens on my system (as far as I can tell).

Where I differ from you is that I want the initial run to NOT modify the timestamps. That way I can remove/add the folder after the manual initial run to preserve the file time. After that, I can run BMT on the newly added movie files, in which case I don't mind that BMT will update the time stamp.

At least I think that's the way it should run.

BTW, I do appreciate your (and other folks) trying to help - thanks.