SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

The metadata tool puts the metadata files (properties and thumbnail) in places that Sagetv requires, in order that Sagetv can read them and utilize them. I don't believe that Sage will read the metadata if they are in the actual dvd folder.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Sage User

Ok, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Thank you for yor help.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried running the "list" function on a directory that contains several movies in .mpg format (single file, not DVD format) and received the following:

Listing Movies
U = MetaData Updated/Newer; - = Missing MetaData; + = Has MetaData

What does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I figured it out - user error

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 08-22-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What does this mean and what am I doing wrong?
Basically if it had found any movies it would have listed them, and they would have been prefixed by 'U', '-', or '+' and the first list that is displayed is the legend for those symbols.

Could you post your command line?
What java version? (requires java5 or 6)

The command has to be run from the directory in which it was extracted.
example,
Code:
C:\metadatatool> java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listMovies c:\mymovies\
Old 08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Going to try your tool soon. What are the picture resolutions you are getting from the various websites?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What are the picture resolutions you are getting from the various websites?
I'm not sure about the exact picture resolutions. Currently it will pull images from DVD Profiler and IMDB, so if you are happy with those programs/sites, then the image quality will be ok. Personally, I only use it with IMDB, and I'm pretty happy with the image qaulity, but I'm pretty easy to please
Old 08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for the tool. I too would love some higher resolution images. I am using sage in my home theater with a projector and 109" screen. IMDB images just aren't cutting it.

Your tool has also taught me a lot about how sage handles metadata. For a while now I couldn't get any "descriptions" to show up. I didn't realize that sage only reads the .properties when the file is first detected.

Thank you.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Pick up DVD Profiler for $30 bucks then use this tool for high resolution. Works great. http://www.invelos.com

B

Last edited by bcjenkins; 08-30-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Feature Request

Sean,

For your consideration. If the first word of the title is A, An, The, allow for dropping it. I have too many movies whose title starts with The.

Thanks for your work in this. It has motivated me to finish putting my entire library online. (3 more to go!)

B
Old 08-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like the title that IMDB finds that is 'most popular' is the movie that is chosen to pull the information from. Why not use the "exact match" find? For example, if you search for the movie "Undiscovered", IMDB finds a popluar title of Star Trek:Wrath of Khan. A little below that is the exact match for "Undiscovered". This tool pulls the information for Star Trek though.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
Thank you for the tool. I too would love some higher resolution images. I am using sage in my home theater with a projector and 109" screen. IMDB images just aren't cutting it.

Your tool has also taught me a lot about how sage handles metadata. For a while now I couldn't get any "descriptions" to show up. I didn't realize that sage only reads the .properties when the file is first detected.

Thank you.
Checkout My Movies 2, It has a folder scan option and free to use. It has higher quality images which save as folder.jpg. It mostly makes a higher image (my movies-front.jpg) witch is even a higher image quality.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

this doesn't really belong in this thred, but it's kinda related, so i'll try.

I occasionally record movies off TV (kids Disney movies, mostly). How can I most easily get those movies into my SageMC videos directory?

I currently move them from my recordings directory to an import directory, but i also have to rename them, becuase Sage will remember that they are TV shows (and therefore display them in the TV recordings listings) if the "movie-123421-0.mpg" filename remains. And I also have to join them manually if there is a *-0 and *-1 situation.

Would seem that if I could just tell Sage that I want to see the movie in my videos, versus recordings, listings, it'd be much easier. Of course, I'd also like to get IMDB covers and info too.

thanks
matt
Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
this doesn't really belong in this thred, but it's kinda related, so i'll try.

I occasionally record movies off TV (kids Disney movies, mostly). How can I most easily get those movies into my SageMC videos directory?

I currently move them from my recordings directory to an import directory, but i also have to rename them, becuase Sage will remember that they are TV shows (and therefore display them in the TV recordings listings) if the "movie-123421-0.mpg" filename remains. And I also have to join them manually if there is a *-0 and *-1 situation.

Would seem that if I could just tell Sage that I want to see the movie in my videos, versus recordings, listings, it'd be much easier. Of course, I'd also like to get IMDB covers and info too.

thanks
matt
Use the info editor built into the web server.

B
Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
It looks like the title that IMDB finds that is 'most popular' is the movie that is chosen to pull the information from. Why not use the "exact match" find? For example, if you search for the movie "Undiscovered", IMDB finds a popluar title of Star Trek:Wrath of Khan. A little below that is the exact match for "Undiscovered". This tool pulls the information for Star Trek though.
Good Point. In my testing, with my movie collection, I had a better hit ratio when I used the "Popular" instead of the "Exact Match"... Since I wrote the program, I got to choose the one that better suited my needs

I'll look at adding a setting to allow you to use exact matches over popular matches.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Sean,

For your consideration. If the first word of the title is A, An, The, allow for dropping it. I have too many movies whose title starts with The.
B
I'll look at adding a setting that would allow the title to strip away a configurable set of first words, such as "The,A,An"
Old 08-31-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Good Point. In my testing, with my movie collection, I had a better hit ratio when I used the "Popular" instead of the "Exact Match"... Since I wrote the program, I got to choose the one that better suited my needs

I'll look at adding a setting to allow you to use exact matches over popular matches.
Fair enough. After a little more testing, it really just 'depends'. The movie "Speed Racer" needs the popular hit. Don't get my wrong, I love the tool! It seems like if you google search "imdb (movie name)" it always finds the right imdb page. Has does google do it? lol

On a side note does anyone know how to refresh Sages's imported media from the command line also?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe an http request to the webserver could be scripted.

B
Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Great tool! Works very well...except that I'm getting frustrated by the whole genre thing.

The tool is writing genre's as:
Genre=Animation/Adventure/Comedy/Family/Musical/Romance/

I assume that's what Sage wants. I've shut down, edited the sage.properties to:
force_full_content_reindex=true

but I still have lots of genre's in Sage(MC) that show up as "Animation/Adventure/Comedy/Family/Musical/Romance/".

I guess I'll try writing the genre's as multiple lines, but I don't think that's what Sage wants...

any help?

thanks
Matt
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage, when loading the Genre from the .properties file can only deal with 2 genre. The first one it finds will be loaded into the Category field in the Sage database. The second AND subsequent ones will be loaded "as is" into the SubCategory field in the database. Therefore in your example you would get 2 categories...

Example:
Genre=Animation/Adventure/Comedy/Family/Musical/Romance/

Result:
Category=Animation
SubCategory=Adventure/Comedy/Family/Musical/Romance/

At least that's how I think it works.

K
Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a setting in the tool to force it to use ONLY a single genre entry. The default is to use more than one, which I'll change when I release another version. I misunderstood how sage uses the genre field, and since I don't use genre browsing, I didn't notice that it's not correct.

Add this your metadataupdater.properties file.
Code:
# Set to true|false to enable/disable single or multiple genre entries per line
org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageVideoMetaData.singleGenreField=true