SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
I have tried erasing the *.properties files, but it hasn't changed anything. Can you confirm if I need to find some sort of touching utility so it will re import?
once you delete the .properties files you need to recreate the metadata using bmt (the same way you did it the first time...). Then sage will create a new .properties file, update its metadata, and import the metadata into the db. Then all should be good.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
once you delete the .properties files you need to recreate the metadata using bmt (the same way you did it the first time...). Then sage will create a new .properties file, update its metadata, and import the metadata into the db. Then all should be good.
Looks like things are getting better, however, there are a few that still remain mislabelled. Could this be due to the .my files? Would BMI modify or create a .my file? Should I delete those as well?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
But you can move the movie into your video library and get fanart.
OK - time for another dumb question. How do I "move the movie into my video library?" from my recorded TV?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevandcan View Post
OK - time for another dumb question. How do I "move the movie into my video library?" from my recorded TV?
Create a folder names the "movie name" within your video library folders and move the file from recorded tv over to there.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

I think you may actually have to change the filename as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Disregard the below post. Found it. Easily in the end.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi folks,
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already. I couldn't find it by searching. . .

Does anybody how I can disable the banners for the MyTV screens?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by soulprops77; 08-05-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I'm seeing something strange and do not know if it's normal or not. I have recorded several episodes of a show called "Challenge" (this show is on the Food Network.) If I select one of the episodes and use the Sage UI to manually search for fanart, the tool finds "Food Network Challenge" and downloads the fanart, which is correct. However, when I select any of the OTHER episodes 9of the same show) the fanart is not found for them, it is only found for the one episode that I selected when originally downloading the fanart.

I'm using the phoenix_api's to display the fanart in a custom STVi I'm developing.

Is this normal? Any way to get the fanart recognized for ALL of the episodes of the same show?

Another unrelated question, the phoenix api's generate tons of debug logging info. How do I make it less verbose?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

Another unrelated question, the phoenix api's generate tons of debug logging info. How do I make it less verbose?

Thanks,

Tom
why would you want less? And usually if you are seeing a entire lot you have a null somewhere or an exception being thrown. I personally love all the debugging the phoenix api gives.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

So, everything has been working great for about a week now which means it's time to break it.

I need to move the Fanart directory. I initially set up BMT using all of the default settings, default install directory, etc.

I am using WHS therefore, it's not the best idea for the fanart to be on the C: partition. I've created a share in the pool where the fanart will go.

What is the best way to go about doing this? Do i change the directory in SageMC, BMT, both? Do I then delete all the property files BMT has created and rescan? Will it break the automatic scanning?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
So, everything has been working great for about a week now which means it's time to break it.

I need to move the Fanart directory. I initially set up BMT using all of the default settings, default install directory, etc.

I am using WHS therefore, it's not the best idea for the fanart to be on the C: partition. I've created a share in the pool where the fanart will go.

What is the best way to go about doing this? Do i change the directory in SageMC, BMT, both? Do I then delete all the property files BMT has created and rescan? Will it break the automatic scanning?
Shouldnt have to delte the properties files.

Change it in BMT and Sagemc then shutdown and move the folder or visa versa
Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Create a folder names the "movie name" within your video library folders and move the file from recorded tv over to there.
This worked perfectly - just moved the files to a new folder outside of where SageTV records, renamed them so BMT would pick them up, and it pulled them all. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Shouldnt have to delte the properties files.

Change it in BMT and Sagemc then shutdown and move the folder or visa versa
Won't I still need to do a rescan?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Won't I still need to do a rescan?
No you are just moving where sage and bmt look for and store pictures for fanart not like moving videos
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hero?

Ok, so I'm having problems with a movie. The movie is "Hero" with Jet Li, year - 2002.

When BMT does an automatic scan it comes up with the wrong movie. It is some other "Hero" from 1992.

I then dumped the file on to the batch file that razrsharpe shared and I get 9 results, none of which are the correct movie.

What do I do from here? A search in IMDB.com shows this as the first result, the most popular. I also have a dvdprofiler and a DVD profiler xml defined in BMT. Can I specify this movie to use the details from DVD profiler? How do I do that with BMT?

Thanks,
Peter

Edit: Figured it out. I had to run it and show more results. Once I did, the correct version was in the list.

Last edited by Peter_h; 08-07-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
why would you want less? And usually if you are seeing a entire lot you have a null somewhere or an exception being thrown. I personally love all the debugging the phoenix api gives.
I found the options in the web interface to only show errors, it defaulted to show "info".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
No you are just moving where sage and bmt look for and store pictures for fanart not like moving videos
Thanks, this worked out great.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage User

IMDB Lookups

I'm using the command line tools to test this, and was hoping someone can help with couple of questions.

1. Is there an option to NOT update the time stamp on the movie files? It's no biggie, but I kinda like knowing which movie file was added when. (The way I prefer to do is just remove/add the entire video folder from SageTV.)

2. Using a command line tool, I get something like:

Search Results: Star Wars The Clone Wars
00 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
01 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
02 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2002]
03 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
04 (0.928571) - Star Wars: Clone Wars [2003]
[... etc...]

Is it possible to have it include the tags like "TV", "TV series", "VG", and "V"?

Thank you.

(My apologies if this was already asked and answered.)
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsin View Post
1. Is there an option to NOT update the time stamp on the movie files? It's no biggie, but I kinda like knowing which movie file was added when. (The way I prefer to do is just remove/add the entire video folder from SageTV.)
no... the time stamp needs to be updated for sage to import the newly collected metadata. Add a "Date Created" column to windows explorer to see when the video/movie was added.

Quote:
2. Using a command line tool, I get something like:

Search Results: Star Wars The Clone Wars
00 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
01 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
02 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2002]
03 (1.000000) - Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008]
04 (0.928571) - Star Wars: Clone Wars [2003]
[... etc...]

Is it possible to have it include the tags like "TV", "TV series", "VG", and "V"?
I don't think so.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
no... the time stamp needs to be updated for sage to import the newly collected metadata. Add a "Date Created" column to windows explorer to see when the video/movie was added.

I don't think so.
You can include location on where it is pulled from (imdb,moviedb,tvdb)but that is up to the programer I know this because my fanart puller refresher that I copied from Jaminben says the source. I wish the addin did this as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cant seem to edit sage.properties file

sagetv v661
sageme 639a
bmt 3.0 beta

I am trying to install bmt so i can try out smw but am having a strange problem in updating the sage.properties file with the required parms for bmt. I update the file using notepad or another editor and add the required lines. I save it and then load it again and its fine. Start up sage try to use :Http:localhost:8000/bmt for but cant establish a connection. I then go back and check the sage.properties file and the updates arent there. I've done it a number of times. The sage file isnt protected.

So then i figured i would try and use the command line so i went to the sagetv/sagetv/ file where bmt was installed. I type one of the commands and get the following:

J:\Program Files\SageTv\SageTV>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listProviders
Sage Provider Implementation: org.jdna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider; org.j
dna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider[BMT Command Line Impl]; Version: 6.5.19
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/phoenix/configu
ration/proxy/GroupProxy
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:105
)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:92
)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.configuration.proxy.G
roupProxy
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

appreciate any assistance....thanks..
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray