SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
BMT Supports multiple sources to get fan art. Does it use all of them? Meaning, does it search the first source, and if it does not get a hit move on to the second?
BMT uses all providers until is finds a match that has a score greater than the configured score (default .90). So, if there are multiple providers, and the fhe first provider returns a match with a score of .91 but the second provider would have had a score of 1.0, then it will never get to the second provider because it will have matched on the first provider.

Quote:
How does the DVD profiler tie in? I was previously using DVD profiler and I have not added in the DVD profiler xml location. If it can not find a hit online, does it then go to DVD profiler?
If you configure dvd profiler and add it to your list of providers, then bmt will use it. But depending on where you add it, depends on how it will be used. If you want to use dvd profiler first, then put it first in the list. Then if no matches are found using dvd profiler, then it will move to the other providers, (imdb, themoviedb, etc). I just realized that bmt will pass TV querries to dvd profiler (which is bug), so I'll have to look at changing that.

Quote:
Is there a way to designate metadata sources for specific items? For example, BMT went out and grabbed the metadata for a couple of TV show DVD's. However, the metadata only has episode listings and no episode descriptions. How would I tell BMT/Sage to always use the dvd profiler xml for these dvds?
bmt can't use dvd profiler for TV (yet). It has been proposed, that bmt have tv and movie providers separately, so that you can configue of those media types separately. I'm working on that.

Quote:
How can I tell if it is grabbing fanart for my recorded shows? As far as I can tell this does not appear to be working. The web interface is showing the last scheduled scan as when I ran it for the first time. Does this refresh when it scans hourly?
If the metadata parser plugin is installed, then when a TV show is recorded, then sage will ask the plugin for metadata. Or, if you add new media items to your library then when sage does it's rescan (or you force it yourself), then sage will ask the plugin for metadata.

The best way to tell if it's working is to check the central fanart folder for a show that you KNOW it should have been scanned and see if there is any fanart. Also the web ui will keep track of the last scanned media file and the last 5 errors. I may hook into the sage system messages for failed scans, but that hasn't happened yet.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the thorough response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you want to use dvd profiler first, then put it first in the list.
Where do i set the order? I don't quite see this in the Web interface.

Quote:
bmt can't use dvd profiler for TV (yet). It has been proposed, that bmt have tv and movie providers separately, so that you can configue of those media types separately. I'm working on that.
Is there a way for me to designate to use the original DVD profiler metadata I had for these TV DVD's?

Quote:
The best way to tell if it's working is to check the central fanart folder for a show that you KNOW it should have been scanned and see if there is any fanart. Also the web ui will keep track of the last scanned media file and the last 5 errors. I may hook into the sage system messages for failed scans, but that hasn't happened yet.
Hmm, it does not appear to be working for recorded TV. When I check the fanart folder at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Phoenix\Fanart, there is a movie folder with all the fanart from the intial scan with the movies. There have been a few recordings after install BMT but I do not see anything here for those shows.

Here is how I have it set up.

Code:
Phoenix 
Version - 1.38
sagex.api Version - 6.5.19
Fanart Enabled - true
Fanart Folder -C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Phoenix\Fanart

Metadata Tools
Version -3.0-beta-9
Automatic Plugin Enabled (Server) -true
Custom Fields Configured -true
Last Scan Date - Wed Dec 31 14:00:00 HST 1969
Total Scanned - 0

SageTV
Version -6.6.2.218
Required Version - 6.5.16
Java Version -1.6.0
Server -true
Recordings Used Diskspace -607.97 G
Library Import Scan in Progress -false
Of note, I restarted the sage server last night. It appears that the last scanned date and total scanned fields reset after the restart. Is this normal?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
when running from the dos prompt did you change your working directory to the one with metadatatool.jar in it (ie c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv)? silly question i know but want to be sure.
Yes, ran it from the directory with the jar file
Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to be having a weird problem with BMT. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and have configured it to run automatically to fetch the metadata and fanart. Everything is working well, except for this small glitch - Any movies that has an 'ampersand' in it gets removed from the title. For example - 'Fast & Furious' , every time BMT updates the metadata the movie title is rewritten as 'Fast Furious'. The same thing happens with 'Harold Kumar....' and so on with every other movie.

Is there any particular reason why this is happening?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Sean,

I rolled back to Jetty v1.5 and everything started working for me. I'm loving the web interface, great work!

-EP
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
@kevandcan - Support for Movies that are recorded has not been added... but it will be. As for the commandline error, when you extracted the bmt tool, did it create a JARs folder and put a bunch of .jar files in there? Also, when you are running the tool, are you running it from a command shell, or by double clicking on the .jar. I'm not sure the doubleclicking will work. Also, I think that razrsharpe posted a .bat that could be tweaked, which might help as well.
So to confirm what you're saying: If I record a movie on TV using SageTV (e.g. Mission Impossible, Star Wars, etc), I can't use BMT to pull down fanart?

Last edited by kevandcan; 08-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
@VikingCrown - If your TV DVDs are in the following format then it will be processed as a TV Disc.
Code:
YourMediaDir/Dexter S01D01/VIDEO_TS/
You can also have something like...
Code:
YourMediaDir/Dexter/Dexter S01D01/VIDEO_TS/
YourMediaDir/Dexter/Dexter S01D02/VIDEO_TS/
The bottom line is that for a TV DVD the folder that contains the the VIDEO_TS or the .vob files will need to contain the Series Name (ie, Dexter), the Season and the Disc #.

The BMT application cannot actually get episode information but it will attempt to season specific fanart.
Ok, my folder structure is:
/Media/Arrested Development/Season 1/Arrested Development S01D01/VIDEO_TS

This does get BMT to recognize the Disk as TV in the .properties file (with a generic seriese description, no season or disk info), but when i browse my fanart folder it just creates a single folder called Arrested Development and there is no division between season or disk specific fanart. Also the Title in SMW, the default Video Library and TV Explorer all just has Arrested Development, and no Disk information.

How can I get each disk to Display Season specific posters as well as get the description to include the Disk # for easier browsing?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Also the Title in SMW, the default Video Library and TV Explorer all just has Arrested Development, and no Disk information.

How can I get each disk to Display Season specific posters as well as get the description to include the Disk # for easier browsing?
TVE doesn't do anything with the Disk information yet (even if it is in the .properties file)... ill add it to the feature request list

As I don't have any TV DVD's do you mind uploading one of the .properties files so i can take a look at it?... make sure im using the right info when adding support in TVE
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sure thing here's one for the Series i was referencing above
Attached Files
File Type: txt Arrested Development S01D01.properties.txt (2.6 KB, 237 views)
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

I just did a fresh install on my client... Sagemc BMT... but fan art seems to be not working. All upgrades are current including SageTV,

Code:
Sun 8/2 10:23:10.007 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Launching menu action on net.sf.sageplugins.sagemenu.SageMenu@cfdf8f to net.sf.sageplugins.sagemenu.InternalScreenMenuItem@18b622
Sun 8/2 10:23:10.008 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] About to go to screen My TV
Sun 8/2 10:23:10.009 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Launching screen My TV
Sun 8/2 10:23:10.010 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] setUI(sage.b4@78d139[My TV]) histIdx=2 uiHistory=[sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@78d139[My TV]]
Sun 8/2 10:23:11.824 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] setUI(sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info]) histIdx=3 uiHistory=[sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@78d139[My TV], sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info]]
Sun 8/2 10:23:14.918 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] setUI(sage.b4@164d9c7[Guide]) histIdx=4 uiHistory=[sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@78d139[My TV], sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info], sage.b4@164d9c7[Guide]]
Sun 8/2 10:23:14.919 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] Ticker enabled
Sun 8/2 10:23:14.920 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] setUI(sage.b4@9a46d9[Guide]) histIdx=4 uiHistory=[sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@78d139[My TV], sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info], sage.b4@9a46d9[Guide]]
Sun 8/2 10:23:18.726 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] setUI(sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info]) histIdx=3 uiHistory=[sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@6328f6[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b4@78d139[My TV], sage.b4@1f686b6[Program Info], sage.b4@9a46d9[Guide]]
Sun 8/2 10:23:20.759 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:PRQST-1202091|OptionsMenu:ProgramOptions
Sun 8/2 10:23:25.429 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:STUCKLESS-7964|OptionsMenu:SearchMetadata
Sun 8/2 10:23:27.708 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of phoenix_api_UpdateMediaFileMetadata of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException for:phoenix_api_UpdateMediaFileMetadata(Airing, Result)
Old 08-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

it's a long shot whilst I am searching for an answer, in case someone already knows it for me.
I installed ver3 beta9 when I update my sage install to 6.6 and latest Sagemc build 46 and its all running ok on existing content where fanart is available.All new recordings however seem to pick up fan art for CSI. It is probably not a coincendence that it is the first available fanart alphabetically in my folders I guess.
I'm assuming I missed something somewhere?

edit, I just realised that it seems to be files that do not have an associated properties file that seem to do this (ie no scan has been run, auto is off) seems an odd default

edit 2, I figured out that I had either missed part of a line when I copied into sage.properties or I did it with the service running by accident and it didn't take. New recordings now behave as expected and all the wierdness with csi backgrounds taking over the house disappeared.
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7

Last edited by planetc; 08-02-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: further info
Old 08-02-2009, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Sure thing here's one for the Series i was referencing above
I don't think this is possible looking at the properties file there is no season or episode information in there... Folder structure is going to be your best bet on this one (default video library or smw) unless this is not a good properties file. There is no way for any app to group by data that isn't there. I thought BMT downloaded season information at least when you used S01D01 for your name but maybe I am wrong not sure if the tvdb.com includes this either.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I don't think this is possible looking at the properties file there is no season or episode information in there... Folder structure is going to be your best bet on this one (default video library or smw) unless this is not a good properties file. There is no way for any app to group by data that isn't there. I thought BMT downloaded season information at least when you used S01D01 for your name but maybe I am wrong not sure if the tvdb.com includes this either.
ya looking at the properties file i dont see a season number or disk number in there... but i do know DiskNumber is one of the custom metadata fields... perhaps its a bug in Sean's Code (we will have to wait until he gets back from vacation to be sure).... but like Plucky said if the info isn't in the .properties file its a royal PITA to display properly...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevandcan View Post
So to confirm what you're saying: If I record a movie on TV using SageTV (e.g. Mission Impossible, Star Wars, etc), I can't use BMT to pull down fanart?
Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Correct. This may change in the future.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

I *think* if you do a "manual" download (from the Sage UI or by the command line) it will find the information. I'm not certain on that but it's worth a try.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Sage User

Someone please help. Against my better judgement I installed and tried an add on that I didn't completely understand (BMI) and now I just wish I could undo everything. From what I can tell the Batch Importing program is working properly and downloading fan art/posters/banners, but as a result EVERYTHING has been renamed and no longer sorts and groups properly under Recordings. Thankfully all of the actual file names are intact, though I am not sure how to tell SageMC to use those instead. Is it possible to correct this or rollback somehow?

I have read somewhere in this thread (and another one) that by adjusting the TV Title Mask field it is possible to correct the sort issue in SageMC. Unfortunately no matter what I try in that field, ${Title} or otherwise, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this because each file has to be "touched" before it will re-evaluate?

Any suggestions please?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Correct. This may change in the future.

Gerry
But you can move the movie into your video library and get fanart.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
Unfortunately no matter what I try in that field, ${Title} or otherwise, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this because each file has to be "touched" before it will re-evaluate?
Yes. BMT will not recreate the metadata if a .properties file exists. The title mask only has an effect on newly created metadata. Files with existing (wrong) metadata needs to be recreated.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...05&postcount=5
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Yes. BMT will not recreate the metadata if a .properties file exists. The title mask only has an effect on newly created metadata. Files with existing (wrong) metadata needs to be recreated.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...05&postcount=5
I have tried erasing the *.properties files, but it hasn't changed anything. Can you confirm if I need to find some sort of touching utility so it will re import?