SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Sage Expert

I must be missing something. The tool works great, but Sage isn't showing any of the metadata for my DVD files. I removed the import directories from Sage, did a refresh, shut Sage down, ran the importer, started Sage, added the directories back in and did another refresh. The images show up, but no data. I'm running Sage 6.3.10 with SageMC 6.3.7a-fix.

DVD structure:
<drive>:\Movies1\DVD Movies\<DVD Title>\Video_TS

It is placing both the properties file and the cover art in the "DVD Movies" folder.

What am I doing wrong?? Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 08-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

You need SageTV 6.4.x for DVD .properties support.

John
Old 08-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage Expert

Hmm... I updated to the latest RC and did a refresh but still no movie data. Where does the properties file need to go?
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 08-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

WHOOO! Been waiting for this for a loooong time. Great app, thank-you!

I have a question about "stacking" though. I'm not sure how to take advantage of this, within your app, or within Sage...and am looking for a little advice.

A typical example of my DVD folder structure looks like this:

X-Men - SERIES
..X-Men
....X-Men
......VIDEO_TS
....X-Men - Disc 2
......VIDEO_TS
..X-Men United
....VIDEO_TS
..The Last Stand
....VIDEO_TS

I assume this is not how it needs to be done, because your app isn't catching the Disc 1/2 thing and is trying to capture both.

How do I go about dealing with this?

Thanks again for any help, very much appreciated!
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Hmm... I updated to the latest RC and did a refresh but still no movie data. Where does the properties file need to go?
Same problem here. Running latest RC and utility runs great (creates all .properties files) but no info showing up for DVD folders. The few .mkv files I have are showing up with info as expected.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolaus View Post
Same problem here. Running latest RC and utility runs great (creates all .properties files) but no info showing up for DVD folders. The few .mkv files I have are showing up with info as expected.
After removing my imports directory for a 3rd time, refreshing, shutting down, restarting, adding the import directory back and refreshing again the property files are now being read.

Now I need to figure out how to deal with the few movies that it got wrong (very impressive that it got 195 out of 200 right).

Thanks for an amazing tool!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
After removing my imports directory for a 3rd time, refreshing, shutting down, restarting, adding the import directory back and refreshing again the property files are now being read.

Now I need to figure out how to deal with the few movies that it got wrong (very impressive that it got 195 out of 200 right).

Thanks for an amazing tool!
Thanks White94Cobra, that seemed to do it.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I noticed in the .properties files that this utility creates, there are a number of "non-standard" properties included...

_releaseDate=
_aspectRatio=
_userRating=
_thumbnailUrl=
_company=

Are these imported into Sage? If not, what are they there for?

Ken
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry for not responding sooner to some of these requests..... I just just back from a 2 week vacation at the cottage.... and I didn't have interent there

Quote:
I have a question about "stacking" though. I'm not sure how to take advantage of this, within your app, or within Sage...and am looking for a little advice.
Video stacking is process whereby multi cd movies are grouped to appear as a single video. It only works with multi-cd files and not directories (yet). So if you had a movie "batman cd1.avi" and "batman cd2.avi", then the tool would stack/group them and as a result the tool would only need to fetch the metadata once and write it for both files. Sage does not support stacking at all. So this was added to give increased performance for people (myself) that have a lot of multi-cd movie files.

Quote:
Just edit the .properties file and field the _providerUrl to the correct imdb url for the movie. Save, then rerun the tool using --update

Quote:
I noticed in the .properties files that this utility creates, there are a number of "non-standard" properties included...
_releaseDate=
_aspectRatio=
_userRating=
_thumbnailUrl=
_company=
_providerId, _providerUrl, and _thumbnailUrl are used internally by the tool. All other names starting with _ are simply there because i could parse information for it. At some point in time, I may looking at writing a Movies stv and I may use these extra fields. As well.... perhaps the Sage folks may see them and decide to add them to their supported fields. I used an underscore to denote non sage properties.

Last edited by stuckless; 08-16-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey welcome back.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hey welcome back.
Thanks! 2 weeks without internet.... very tough
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage User

quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Video stacking is process whereby multi cd movies are grouped to appear as a single video. It only works with multi-cd files and not directories (yet). So if you had a movie "batman cd1.avi" and "batman cd2.avi", then the tool would stack/group them and as a result the tool would only need to fetch the metadata once and write it for both files. Sage does not support stacking at all. So this was added to give increased performance for people (myself) that have a lot of multi-cd movie files.
How does the updater detect this?? I have several movies that are split, but the naming of the files vary greatly... ie, CD1, CD2 or Part1, Part2, etc... is the updater looking for something specifically in the filename to determine if stacking should occur?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Look in the metadataupdater.properties file (or create on if there isn't one). the following line uses regex to determine if the file is a "stacked" CD...

# Regular Expression for deciding how to stack/group cds
org.jdna.media.impl.CDStackingModel.StackingRegex=[ _\\.-]+(cd|dvd|part)[ _\\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)

K
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

When you upgrade from a previous version, make sure you remove the old JAR file in the libs directory too.

B
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance of adding MP4 support? It seems to work great on all my DVD rips, except the MP4's.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:15 AM
SageTVaholic

You can add support for additional file types by creating a metadataupdater.properties file in the installation root and then adding/updating the following line.

Code:
# Regular Expression for determining a Video File
org.jdna.media.impl.MovieResourceFilter.VideoExtensionRegex=avi|mpg|divx|mkv|wmv|mov|xvid
To add a new file format, just append to the regular expression, for example
Code:
# Regular Expression for determining a Video File
org.jdna.media.impl.MovieResourceFilter.VideoExtensionRegex=avi|mpg|divx|mkv|wmv|mov|xvid|mp4
See the Wiki Page for more information about configuration properties.

I'll make a note to add the mp4 extension to the internal configuration for the next build.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Sage User

I know someone already asked this, but I haven't seen it answered yet. The utility is placeing the created files in the root of the drive where the movie folders are located (i.e. e:\). Is there a way to have them created in the movie folder (i.e. e:\terminator2\). Also thank you very much for creating this great utility.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know someone already asked this, but I haven't seen it answered yet. The utility is placeing the created files in the root of the drive where the movie folders are located (i.e. e:\). Is there a way to have them created in the movie folder (i.e. e:\terminator2\). Also thank you very much for creating this great utility.
I could update the tool to do that.... but my understanding is that Sage will not pick up the files unless they are at the same level as the dvd folder. Currently there is an option to have the thumbnail written to the VIDEO_TS folder, since sage will pick it up there.

Could someone comment on whether or not Sage will pick up properties and thumbnails if they are in the dvd folder itself. Originially I did write them there, but there were several complaints that the properties and thumbnail must be written to th same directory as the dvd folder.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Sage User

I'm sorry let me explain my structure. I store my movies on an external drive (e:\). All my movies are in there own directories there (e:\movie name\videoTS). The utility is creating all its files at the root of e:\. I would like to have them created in e:\movie name\. This is what I'm using at the command prompt c:\metadata\java -jar metadatatool.jar --update. I'm guessing I'm doing it correctly, if not please let me know. Thank you for your help.