SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Thanks stuckless. So if i run a library scan or reindex everything will that pull in the new fanart for tvshows?
Doing a library import or reindex will only fetch fanart/metadata, if the automatic plugin is installed. Your other options are commandline scan using --recurse or manual scan.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Your other options are commandline scan using --recurse or manual scan.
i use the attached bat file for gathering just fanart. Drag and drop the video onto the .bat (or use send to). You will obviously need to change your paths to be correct for your situation...
Attached Files
File Type: zip BMT Fanart.zip (239 Bytes, 261 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i use the attached bat file for gathering just fanart. Drag and drop the video onto the .bat (or use send to). You will obviously need to change your paths to be correct for your situation...
For your bat file, where do you specify your specific path? For instance, my BMt fanart is saved under \\SERVER\BMTFanart

Quote:
@echo off

U:
cd U:\bmt
java -jar metadatatool.jar --fanartOnly --overwriteFanart --auto=false --prompt=true %1

PAUSE

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Awesome, thanks so much and I will give it a whirl when i get home....Uggh had to come into the office today :-(
Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
For your bat file, where do you specify your specific path? For instance, my BMt fanart is saved under \\SERVER\BMTFanart
\\SERVER\BMTFanart is the fanart folder that has all of the fanart stored in it or the BMT installation folder?

i set the fanart folder in metadata.properties... i know this changed in 3.0, im still using 2.3.1... but you can still spec that in the command lin.

When i said you need to change the paths i was referring to this
Code:
U:
cd U:\bmt
which is where the metadatatool.jar is stored... by default this is something like c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv

you can spec the fanart folder at the command line with:
Code:
java -jar metadatatool.jar --fanartFolder="PATH_TO_FOLDER" --fanartOnly --overwriteFanart --auto=false --prompt=true %1
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

@ razrsharpe - Thanks, I got your bat up and running. This will have to do until I can figure out why BMI stopped working.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-30-2009, 07:47 AM

Hello folks, I tried my best which obviously turned out to not be quite good enough!

My end goal was to run Sage Movie Wall and I followed what seems to be very good instructions at http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html

Now I have done everything up the point of actually installing SMW but I seem to be having problems with BMI. I assume I should be getting all my fanart at this point and the SMW is just the fancy front end...right?

Around 5 of my collection of 250 have fanart currently. One thing to mention is I made a butchered attempt at installing BMI last night and that's when I got the 5 to work. Today I reverted to the base SageTV config folder but those 5 remained (was a little puzzled). At any rate I very carefully went step by step through it this morning and am still no further ahead. I went through quite a few pages of the support thread but found nothing related as far as I could tell. I have attached a screenshot and the log file.

When I do a Refresh Library it seemly stops immediately and my Total Scanned goes up by 3 and my Total Failed goes up by 6 each time.

One other thing I noticed is the 5 movies it scanned seem to be the first 5 movies in the first path I have listed in Sage.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSerror.JPG (115.1 KB, 219 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt mailcheck.txt (62.9 KB, 172 views)
Old 06-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

razrsharpe - the .bat you provided works great....Thanks a bunch and i will use this until i can figure out with stuckless what is the deal with the autoplugin.

~Mike
Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Dezz - the version 3 is a beta build... and there are a few issues. I've looked through your log file (thanks for posting it) and there is an exception being thrown with each video scan. I've actually fixed that exception, but I haven't released a new build yet. I'll try tonight to put out a beta4 that should fix that particular issue, and maybe it will fix things up for you.

From a stability poing of view, the 2.3 build is the current stable. 3.x changed many things and as a result it's a little less stable. (probably alot less stable, depending on who you ask )

I think many people are experiencing issues with the automatic plugin method, but commandline scanning is still working. My goal with the 3.x build it bring the functionality of the command line scanning to a web interface, but it's not quite there yet.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
@ razrsharpe - Thanks, I got your bat up and running. This will have to do until I can figure out why BMI stopped working.
Quote:
razrsharpe - the .bat you provided works great....Thanks a bunch and i will use this until i can figure out with stuckless what is the deal with the autoplugin.
Glad i could help and you got it working i dont think i ever really tried to get the automatic plugin to work... so i just made the little bat file to make it easier running things from the command line.... you could probably have dirmon2 set to run on items... match folders against .properties files or something... then sage would pick the new metadata on its next refresh. You would have to modify the .bat file so it doesnt prompt you for confirmation of the title each time.... mmmm maybe i will try this out.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

Alight guys so i could use your help This weeks episode of Weeds recorded without an episode name and description this week (apparently the epg was not updated or something)..... So in my infinite wisdom i was like ok i will just use BMT (i have the importTV... setting set to true) to do an on demand lookup of the metadata. This of course returned the series information (because there was no episode name to search against).... Then i went and updated the .properties data to reflect what the data should really be (created a Weeds s05e04.ts file and ran bmt against that file then changed the resulting .properties file to match the actually recorded file. Ok so now i figure i have a correct .properties file matched against the airing and i just need to get sage to update its metadata. This is where i am stuck. What i have tried:
  • From the command line use the --update parameter. My thinking here is that it would reread the url and redownload the metadata then update the timestamps so sage would see it. no dice
  • From the command line use the --refreshSageTV parameter. again no dice
  • Do a new on demand lookup from within the sage ui. The timestamp on the video and property file get updated but the metadata does not get reread from the property file. no dice
  • From the default ui advanced options initiate a full rescan... figuring it would pick up the new timestamp on the file/metadata. Again no dice.
So im out of ideas Anybody have any more.... or maybe im doing something wrong here and something above should have worked and you guys can point me in the right direction. TIA
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

razrsharpe, it sounds like you've done everything right. I just tried doing a commandline (offline) search for your filename, and that part worked. I'm thinking that perhaps bmt has run into an exception when doing the import into sage. If you restart the sage server and then do an on demand search for the file, and then send me the logs (sagetv_0.txt and mailcheck.log) and I'll see if i can see anything that is causing an issue.

And, you can also try neilm's edit metadata screen from his webserver plugin.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
razrsharpe, it sounds like you've done everything right. I just tried doing a commandline (offline) search for your filename, and that part worked. I'm thinking that perhaps bmt has run into an exception when doing the import into sage. If you restart the sage server and then do an on demand search for the file, and then send me the logs (sagetv_0.txt and mailcheck.log) and I'll see if i can see anything that is causing an issue.

And, you can also try neilm's edit metadata screen from his webserver plugin.
stuckless, thanks for checking it out for me and confirming im not going crazy (last nite really wasnt my night so i very well could have been going crazy ). I attached the logs, and the .properties file and a screenshot of the program info screen for the airing..

as a side note when i do the on demand lookup the timestamp on the airing and .properties file does update...
Attached Files
File Type: zip razrsharpe logs.zip (284.3 KB, 173 views)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 07-01-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

razrsharpe - I looked through your stuff, and sure enough there is an exception happening. That particular exception is fixed and will be in the next 3.x beta. But, if you send me your metadata.properties, I can probably tweak them so that you will not hit that exception (maybe).

Also, I've noticed that you are using the Xbmc tvdb.xml provider and not the newer, tvdb native provider. Both work, but the newer one is faster and has a slightly better matching algorithm.

Also, the on-demand and searching will ignore the existing metadata for season and episode, and as a result it will only pull the series information. The on-demand searching really needs an overhaul to provider better searching mechanisms.

But, if you have an update .properties file, as you do, then you'll need to update the timestamp on the mediafile and then refresh the media file in sagetv.

The basic root of the issue that the bmt tool relies on a some sort of episidoe identifier in the filename when it does a lookup, and it simply does not exist in this case. If you were to rename the current file to "Weeds S##E##.ts" then it should import the file into the recorded tv when doing an on demand search (but I think you tried that, and said that it did not work). You'd have to import the file first as a regular video, and then do an on-demand search on the newly import video, which should move it to the Sage Recordings. But again, this would only work for a file that had some episode identifier in the filename.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

Hiya,

Just wanted to let you know that Beta 3 is dropping hyphen/dashes during a normal scan. I had to fake out the cache to get my "Stargate SG-1" series to download anything. Even trying to use the metadata-tiles.properties didn't work.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
razrsharpe - I looked through your stuff, and sure enough there is an exception happening. That particular exception is fixed and will be in the next 3.x beta. But, if you send me your metadata.properties, I can probably tweak them so that you will not hit that exception (maybe).
thanks for looking at it. I suppose when the next beta comes out it will be time to update to 3.0 and see what all this web interface is . I attached my current metadata.properties so you can have a look.

Quote:
Also, I've noticed that you are using the Xbmc tvdb.xml provider and not the newer, tvdb native provider. Both work, but the newer one is faster and has a slightly better matching algorithm.
mmmm ill have to change that there is no particular reason i am using the xbmc one over the native one... i assume i have to change something in the metadata.properties file.

Quote:
Also, the on-demand and searching will ignore the existing metadata for season and episode, and as a result it will only pull the series information. The on-demand searching really needs an overhaul to provider better searching mechanisms.
So what i did... with my .properties file gathered with Weeds s05e04.ts file (empty file) i changed the name to match the existing airing. Then i ran an on-demand lookup. The contents of the .properties were the same (correct) after the on demand scan, and the timestamps were updated to the time the scan was run, just the metadata wasnt updated.

Since you brought up the on-demand scanning needing some work i have some feature requests confirmation that the metadata gathered is correct (season/episode #, airing date, description, title), when no episode or season/episode information is available in the file be able to input them and search against that, or try to do a match against original air date (although this might not work because if it doesnt have an episode title or season/episode # then it probably doesnt have a real original air date) OR be able to do all of this (and more) from the web ui ( i think youve said this will happen... but i could be misremembering )

Quote:
But, if you have an update .properties file, as you do, then you'll need to update the timestamp on the mediafile and then refresh the media file in sagetv.
ya thats what i thought too but for some reason sage wasnt picking it up (i made sure the timestamps were new)... the video and properties file are still in my recording drive import directory (not my video library import directory)

Quote:
The basic root of the issue that the bmt tool relies on a some sort of episidoe identifier in the filename when it does a lookup, and it simply does not exist in this case. If you were to rename the current file to "Weeds S##E##.ts" then it should import the file into the recorded tv when doing an on demand search (but I think you tried that, and said that it did not work).
ya the best part is i knew that (needing some episode identifier) and i tried to do the lookup anyway... yay to not having a brain sometimes... i actually didnt try exactly that... i was trying to just get the right .properties file with a dummy video file... and then renamed the created .properties file to match the original airing.. and get sage to update that (with the original video file)

but thats a good point... i can just copy the file to my video library directory, rename the file, delete the original airing, refresh sagetv, and then do the ondemand lookup... and that should get it to the recorded tv section (with all the right metadat)... mmm ill have to do that and report back (im not at home to test right now)

Anyway, thanks for looking at this and helping me to figure it out. And thanks for the FANTASTIC program
Attached Files
File Type: txt metadata.properties.txt (1.1 KB, 172 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

Stuckless -

Does your tool scale fanart backgrounds that it downloads for TVShows?

Reason i am asking is i use context sensitive fanart backgrounds, and i have noticed a serious increase in UI speed with this enable. I was thinking that this issue may be similiar to the issue i was having with SMW, which was the fact that it was trying to load a HUGE image everytime.

If your tool doesn't scale, do you have any suggestions on what tool/utility to use to actually scale all of the images your tool downloads?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-02-2009, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

razrsharpe, based on your metadata.properties.... I would replace your file with this one...

Code:
/metadata/airingIdRegex=([0-9]+)-[0-9]{1,2}\\.

/metadata/defaultProviderId=tvdb,themoviedb.org-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml,imdb

/metadata/posterImageWidth=200

/metadata/scoreAlternateTitles=true

/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.themoviedb.TheMovieDBMetadataProvider

/metadata/metadata/importTVAsRecordedShows=true

/sageMetadata/tvTitleMask=${Title}
I removed tvdb.xml and dvdprofiler from your list of providers, since tvdb.xml is no longer used, and it didn't look like you had dvdprofiler configured... but if you are using dvdprofiler, then add in 'dvdprofiler' to the beginning of the provider list.

As for the enhancements, I'm not sure how much more I'll put into the stv plugin. I'm not a stv developer, and I'll probably wait till phoenix comes out and write a better plugin for that environment. But, until then, I am working (slowly) on the web ui that will (eventually) allow you to do searches, edit metadata, etc.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless -

Does your tool scale fanart backgrounds that it downloads for TVShows?

Reason i am asking is i use context sensitive fanart backgrounds, and i have noticed a serious increase in UI speed with this enable. I was thinking that this issue may be similiar to the issue i was having with SMW, which was the fact that it was trying to load a HUGE image everytime.

If your tool doesn't scale, do you have any suggestions on what tool/utility to use to actually scale all of the images your tool downloads?

Thanks,
Mike
If you are using version 3, then goto Configuration and search for "scale", you'll find 3 setting that you can change to proportionally scale the width of the poster, background, or banner.

Version 2.x has those options as well... you'll need to use --showProperties or search the wiki for for actual property name.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

are there particular settings you may recommend?

Sorry for all the questions...