SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I had a similar problem after doing a full reindex when I installed BMI. I think you'll find its still doing the scan and as soon as its finished the scan everything will be back to normal. If your using the default SageTV UI you can check this as you'll have an image at the top of the screen indicating that a scan is still in process. It can take quite a long time to carry out a full reindex so be prepared for a long wait.
Thanks for the response. I will check back later today

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Question does version 3 fix the ratings not being imported when using themoviedb?

ps- I love the web ui and version 3 so far seems to be running great.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Still having same problem with BMI, telling me on the web GUI that is cannot get status Phoenix/SageTV/Metadata. I started the scan over 5 hours ago. I forget to set the Central Fanart folder when I started the scan, but realized it before the scan was complete, so only partial of my collection got scanned. i want to rerun the scan to capture the missed videos, but the BMI web GUI won't let me.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybio View Post
2) Once it is in the recorded tv section, it isn't possible for sage to group it by title? I moved two eps of Arrested Development to recorded tv and they show up individually while all of my other shows are grouped into folders. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You probably didn't change the TV title mask. The default TV Title mask is "SeriesName - S##E## - Episode Title", but you can change that. In 3.x just do a search in the configuration for "Mask" and then change the TV Title Mask to be just the Series Title.
Yup that is the behavior i saw until i changed the media mask...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 06-28-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Still having same problem with BMI, telling me on the web GUI that is cannot get status Phoenix/SageTV/Metadata. I started the scan over 5 hours ago. I forget to set the Central Fanart folder when I started the scan, but realized it before the scan was complete, so only partial of my collection got scanned. i want to rerun the scan to capture the missed videos, but the BMI web GUI won't let me.
You could try restarting the sagetv server process. I'm not sure what would cause this to happen. You might want to check your jvm memory settings as well. Performing a scan on a large collection could potentially eat up a lot of memory. Although the memory should be freed, there may be a memory leak. Not sure if a memory issue would have caused this issue or not.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Yup that is the behavior i saw until i changed the media mask...
The mask will only change what is displayed in Sage, nothing about the file name will be touched, correct?

EDIT: I guess what I really want to know is if there is a way to change the mask to have it be able to be grouped by show and to also keep the episodes in number order.

Last edited by ohpleaseno; 06-28-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The mask will only change what is displayed in Sage, nothing about the file name will be touched, correct?
sean should confirm but i believe the file name does not get changed

Quote:
EDIT: I guess what I really want to know is if there is a way to change the mask to have it be able to be grouped by show and to also keep the episodes in number order.
i dont think so... i do believe that season/episode number still get written to the custom metadata fields so theoretically it would be possible to sort by season/episode number via and stvi update... you could also sort by original air date, this will put them in order
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

razrsharpe is correct.... on both counts
Old 06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm... that means when I start off in recorded TV, I have to have it grouped, then when I select the group, I have to change the sort to air date.

I'll have to think of a way around this.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I guess it would help me to remember that in recorded TV, the episodes are sorted in reverse chronological order by original air date.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I guess it would help me to remember that in recorded TV, the episodes are sorted in reverse chronological order by original air date.
It actually sorts by the Airing Date... which is the date that the program was recorded or imported into the recorded tv section, not the original airing date.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sort by Orig does it by original air date.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Stuckless -

I still have to leave the auto plugin disabled in order for my media to remain in the singular form (if you remember when it was enabled i was having a ton of trouble with it saying i had 3 times as many movies as i actually had..something witht he index) Anyways my question is with the autoplugin off how to i get BMI to go out and find the fanart for newly recorded tv shows?

Do i simply have to run a rescan/reindex of my media library?

~Mike
Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You could try restarting the sagetv server process. I'm not sure what would cause this to happen. You might want to check your jvm memory settings as well. Performing a scan on a large collection could potentially eat up a lot of memory. Although the memory should be freed, there may be a memory leak. Not sure if a memory issue would have caused this issue or not.
Can't get the Web GUI working but I set the reindex property to "true" on my sage.properties file this morning and it now appears that all the metadata is being brought in.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you suppose to be able to change the properties in the webui (for videos?)

I tried changing a couple and it lets me input but doesn't save what I input.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Can't get the Web GUI working but I set the reindex property to "true" on my sage.properties file this morning and it now appears that all the metadata is being brought in.
I am stuck in this loop as well the ui was working now I get constant can not get status erros. I have shutdown the service even restarted the computer to no avail.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Anyways my question is with the autoplugin off how to i get BMI to go out and find the fanart for newly recorded tv shows?
Unfortunately, the only automatic way is to use the the automatic plugin, which is not working for you

Quote:
Are you suppose to be able to change the properties in the webui (for videos?)
Not in this build, but eventually you'll be able to scan and edit metadata from the web ui.

Quote:
I am stuck in this loop as well the ui was working now I get constant can not get status erros. I have shutdown the service even restarted the computer to no avail.
I noticed something like this as well. The status page show the total diskspace used from recordings.... but this appears to hang if a library import is in progress. In the next build, I only show the disk space used if a library import scan is not in progress. I'll try to get a new build out this week. I'm currently doing some phoneix work, but hopefully I'll get back to this at some point.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I noticed something like this as well. The status page show the total diskspace used from recordings.... but this appears to hang if a library import is in progress. In the next build, I only show the disk space used if a library import scan is not in progress. I'll try to get a new build out this week. I'm currently doing some phoneix work, but hopefully I'll get back to this at some point.

Okay thanks it there anyway to get the UI back up and running currently as I don't think it is doing a library scan.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks stuckless. So if i run a library scan or reindex everything will that pull in the new fanart for tvshows?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay thanks it there anyway to get the UI back up and running currently as I don't think it is doing a library scan.
In my case, restarting sagetv server fixed my "status error" problem. But if you have the reindex proeprty set, then sage may be doing a reindex each time you restart the server.