SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Have you considered my proposition of including the option to auto import TV shows into the "Recorded TV Shows" menu? I know it's difficult to undo that action, but I haven't had a problem with it as of yet!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccoy View Post
Have you considered my proposition of including the option to auto import TV shows into the "Recorded TV Shows" menu? I know it's difficult to undo that action, but I haven't had a problem with it as of yet!
I've considered it... it's not implemented, yet.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Trying to use version 3 and I'm getting a Service Unavailable error on the web configuration page. Any suggestions?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

when you install bmt (assuming you have jetty installed), you'll need to restart the sagetv server for jetty to pick up the bmt web. You should see, in the sagetv_0.txt log file an entry stating that it deployed the bmt webapp.

If it still doesn't work, then feel free to PM me with your sagetv_0.txt log file.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation 3.0 beta NOTE

Apparently toricred found a bug in my bmt.xml jetty context file. I have it set to NOT extract the war file, and that was causing an issue for him (and probably others as well). I'll do a minor release tonight and update the bmt.xml context file to "extract" the war file.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
you'll need to restart the sagetv server for jetty to pick up the bmt web.
Jetty will automatically deploy the web app when it sees a new or modified context file. No need to restart SageTV. Depending on what is extracted from the zip first (context file or war file), it might be necessary to open and save (or 'touch' for the Linux crowd) the context file so Jetty will redeploy.

Sean, the UI looks great!
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Jetty will automatically deploy the web app when it sees a new or modified context file. No need to restart SageTV. Depending on what is extracted from the zip first (context file or war file), it might be necessary to open and save (or 'touch' for the Linux crowd) the context file so Jetty will redeploy.

Sean, the UI looks great!
I would have thought as much, but I wanted to cover all bases

I think the UI will eventually help out alot, especially once the scanning/editing is complete. but for now, at least you can edit the configuration with ease
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Complete Newbie questions....

Some quick questions before I begin to install BMI:

1) The the file name convention for mkv, avi, mp3, files to be able to have BMI automatically recognize the TV show, Music Video, Movie, or song?

2) If I just copy a TV recording file (with the name given by sageTV automatically) into my import folder, will BMI recognize the movie still?

3) If I rip a blu-ray/old fashioned DVD movie structure and copy it to an import folder, will BMI recognize the movie without changing anything?

4) Are Music Videos and mp3s supported with the builtin/default settings of BMI? If not, what specific databases do I need to add and where (please remember, I'm just a newbie, so please be clear).

5) How do I add custom fanart to a particular music video that I know is not available through automatic database download. Where specifically do I edit and add the metadata components respective to a rare music video?

Thanks so much!
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Some quick questions before I begin to install BMI:

1) The the file name convention for mkv, avi, mp3, files to be able to have BMI automatically recognize the TV show, Music Video, Movie, or song?
For movies, if you use something like...
Code:
Finding_Nemo.avi
Finding Nemo.mkv
Finding Nemo 2008.avi
Finding Nemo - DVDRip - 720p.avi
(you get the idea)
For TV, you can use
Code:
Heroes S01E01.mkv
Heroes SO1E01 Episode Title.mkv
Quote:
2) If I just copy a TV recording file (with the name given by sageTV automatically) into my import folder, will BMI recognize the movie still?
bmt recognizes the sagetv recording format as a tv format, but it will NOT automatically import it as a TV show into the sage recordings. The 3.0 final release will have an option to allow the automatic plugin to do this automatically.

Quote:
3) If I rip a blu-ray/old fashioned DVD movie structure and copy it to an import folder, will BMI recognize the movie without changing anything?
As long as the foldername is the movie title, you should be fine.

Quote:
4) Are Music Videos and mp3s supported with the builtin/default settings of BMI? If not, what specific databases do I need to add and where (please remember, I'm just a newbie, so please be clear).
No, music and music vidoes are not supported.

Quote:
5) How do I add custom fanart to a particular music video that I know is not available through automatic database download. Where specifically do I edit and add the metadata components respective to a rare music video?
The 3.0 final release will allow you add custom metadata/fanart to any media item. This beta does not have that functionality.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks so much for answering every single one of my questions so quickly. I really appreciate it. Sounds like 3.0 will really have some cool features too.

Quote:
For movies, if you use something like...
Code:
Finding_Nemo.avi
Finding Nemo.mkv
Finding Nemo 2008.avi
Finding Nemo - DVDRip - 720p.avi
(you get the idea)
For TV, you can use
Code:
Heroes S01E01.mkv
Heroes SO1E01 Episode Title.mkv
bmt recognizes the sagetv recording format as a tv format, but it will NOT automatically import it as a TV show into the sage recordings. The 3.0 final release will have an option to allow the automatic plugin to do this automatically.

As long as the foldername is the movie title, you should be fine.

The 3.0 final release will allow you add custom metadata/fanart to any media item. This beta does not have that functionality.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

This is really slick. Thanks Sean!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless, I am curious, are there fanart databases specifically for music/music videos? If there are, I'm curious how hard it would be for you to add support for it? Perhaps, you could just add a music database and a few extra lines of code to support it? I am sure there are people who download/record/collect music videos. For example, I collect MTV HD music videos, stuff from HD-you tube, etc.

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

@babgvant - thank

@mkanet - I wish it were that simple. Music support will come eventually, but there is a lot happening right now, so music will take a back seat for awhile. That being said, i always welcome other people to help out, so if someone submits a patch that adds in a music provider, then that'll be great.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

This all sounds really neat and great

Thanks again for all you great work sage in no way would be what it is today without it.

Thanks for the personal help as well
Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Sage User

So, I'm having a problem with the 3.0 Beta... when I try to go to the configuration page, I get this error

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
RequestURI=/bmt