SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDragon View Post
It does not run from command line
It is strange, because there is a lot of information on the movie "The return of the king" in IMDB.

How can I add the Fanart manually?
I can't see why it would not run from the command line.... if it can't then you may have other issues as well.

Manually installing the fanart to the central fanart folder can be tricky, but you can quickly add a poster/metadata by creating files in the same directory as the movie file...
ie something like....
moviename.avi
moviename.avi.properties
moviename.jpg
Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I can't see why it would not run from the command line.... if it can't then you may have other issues as well.

Manually installing the fanart to the central fanart folder can be tricky, but you can quickly add a poster/metadata by creating files in the same directory as the movie file...
ie something like....
moviename.avi
moviename.avi.properties
moviename.jpg
How can i run it from command line?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How can i run it from command line?
open up a cmd window, change your directory to the directory where bmt is (usually your sage directory)

basic structure is
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar OPTIONS
OPTIONS are all of the switches or options you can have

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dff28jvm_13f4rf57f6 - installation instructions by sflamm linked in the first post.. toward the end... under common command line tasks lists a lot of the common tasks

http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...tadataImporter - Sean's page with all of the usage details everything possible from the command line
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 05-12-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It does not run from command line
It is strange, because there is a lot of information on the movie "The return of the king" in IMDB.

How can I add the Fanart manually?
Mine is named:

The Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King.avi

and it works fine.

HTH,

Nick.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up TV Shows recorded out of SageTV

Hello All,

I am using the BMT and it's working very well in TV Shows and Movies.

I have a question regarding the TV Shows.

I have several .avi files that was not recorded in SageTV. I move all of these files to my Imported Media Library folder, put the name of each folder and file following the name conventions bellow:

TV File Naming Conventions

1. Non SageTV Recording

Format: ShowName/Season Name/ShowName S#E#.extension (S = Season, E = Episode)

Example: House/Season 1/House S01E01.avi

When I rescan My Video Library directories BMT download all Metadata and Fanart elements.

The issue is when I enter in the My Videos that is the unique way that I now to see these files, in the File System View I can navigate to the Series, Season and Finally to the Episodes that has all Metadata but no Fanart.

This happen because BMT download the Fanart in the TV Folder "G:\FanartFolder\TV\House\Baground" for instance. This is correct but as I told the unique way to manage this kind of media is to use My Videos and the Fanart is not displayed in this case.

I would like to know if somebody has a trick to have this available in fanart without to have to copy the Fanart folders G:\FanArtFolder\TV to the G:\FanartFolder\Movies and create a subfolder for each eposodie.

I think this is the big weakeness of the SageTV (How to treat TV Shows), but maybe somebody has found some way to have it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7

Last edited by sbherculano; 05-13-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: General Corrections
Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Sérgio, I actually use the exact same layout for non sage recorded tv shows, and I do get metadata and fanart using SageMC.

For the fanart to work correctly, you must be running the latest beta of sage (6.5.15) since it contains newer APIs that are required for fanart apis to properly lookup TV fanart that is not considered to be a Sage Recording. If you are not running the latest beta, then bmt will still treat your shows as TV, but the phoenix apis (for fanart) will consider them "Movies". If you upgrade to latest beta, you'll need to rescan those shows so that sage can pick up the updated metadata from the properties and set the "tv" mediatype for those media items.

Or.... you can copy TV/House/* to Movies/House/* for each series.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Thanks

Quote:
Sérgio, I actually use the exact same layout for non sage recorded tv shows, and I do get metadata and fanart using SageMC.

For the fanart to work correctly, you must be running the latest beta of sage (6.5.15) since it contains newer APIs that are required for fanart apis to properly lookup TV fanart that is not considered to be a Sage Recording. If you are not running the latest beta, then bmt will still treat your shows as TV, but the phoenix apis (for fanart) will consider them "Movies". If you upgrade to latest beta, you'll need to rescan those shows so that sage can pick up the updated metadata from the properties and set the "tv" mediatype for those media items.

Or.... you can copy TV/House/* to Movies/House/* for each series.
Dear stuckless,

With your information it's working fine now.
Thank you for all information.
I did some researchs in the forum and I created a new menu item in SageMC to manage the TVShows (using filters in Dynamic Menus), I was wrong it's possible to do a lot of things in Sage it is really flexible to customize offering several options.
Have a nice night!!
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7

Last edited by sbherculano; 05-13-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: additiona information
Old 05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

I have a question regarding importing TV shows. When i import a show into the Sage recording database it does not get sorted/grouped with other shows of the same title. For example, this weeks episode of Bones was imported as "Bones - S04E26 - The End in the Beginning". Is there a way to have it import so the title is returned as "Bones" with GetAiringTitle(Airing) or GetMediaTitle(Airing)?

I noticed this property item:
# Description: Title mask to use for TV Files
# Type: java.lang.String
/sageMetadata/tvTitleMask=${Title} - S${SeasonNumber}E${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

That mask is what is is being displayed in the title in SageMC. Would modifying the Mask to ${Title} have the effect I want? I could test it but was looking for some feedback before I go messing around with the wiz.bin to much

Here is .properties file created for the episode of bones discussed earlier: We have the MediaTitle and EpisodeTitle correct... and then there is another item Title. What metadata item does sage use to display the title of an airing/file/recording? Or even better is there a mapping (key) somewhere that maps the metadata fields to their respective sage api calls?

Code:
#Sage Video Metadata for file:////svr1/video/Bones/Season%204/Bones%20s04e26.mkv
#Fri May 15 21:54:06 EDT 2009
Actor=Emily Deschanel -- Dr. Temperance Brennan;\nDavid Boreanaz -- Seeley Booth;\nT.J. Thyne -- Dr. Jack Hodgins;\nJohn Francis Daley -- Dr. Lance Sweets;\nMichaela Conlin -- Angela Montenegro;\nTamara Taylor -- Dr. Camille Saroyan;\nEric Millegan -- Dr. Zack Addy;\nJonathan Adams -- Dr. Daniel Goodman;
Description=The Season 4 Finale. A dead body is found at a club called "The Lab." The team has to do some unexpected and unusual things that have to do with this club. Brennan and Booth may become a couple.\nUser Rating\: 8\n
EpisodeNumber=26
EpisodeTitle=The End in The Beginning
Genre=Drama
MediaTitle=Bones
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2009-05-14
SeasonNumber=4
Title=Bones - S04E26 - The End in The Beginning
UserRating=8
x-Fanart-BackgroundUrl=http\://images.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/75682-2.jpg
x-Fanart-PosterUrl=http\://images.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/75682-4.jpg
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/75682/all/en.zip;;;;id\=75682&episode\=26&season\=04&mediatype\=TV
x-MetadataProviderId=tvdb.xml
x-ser-Cast=0|Emily Deschanel|Dr. Temperance Brennan|null;0|David Boreanaz|Seeley Booth|null;0|T.J. Thyne|Dr. Jack Hodgins|null;0|John Francis Daley|Dr. Lance Sweets|null;0|Michaela Conlin|Angela Montenegro|null;0|Tamara Taylor|Dr. Camille Saroyan|null;0|Eric Millegan|Dr. Zack Addy|null;0|Jonathan Adams|Dr. Daniel Goodman|null
x-ser-Description=The Season 4 Finale. A dead body is found at a club called "The Lab." The team has to do some unexpected and unusual things that have to do with this club. Brennan and Booth may become a couple.
x-ser-Genres=Drama

MediaTitle=Bones

MediaType=TV

OriginalAirDate=2009-05-14

EpisodeTitle=The End in The Beginning

EpisodeNumber=26

SeasonNumber=4

UserRating=8.5
Also is it possible to modify the metadata for files previously imported into the SageRecordings? If So how?

PS - I'm running Sage 6.5.14 on the server, Sage 6.5.15 on the clients... and SageMC 6.3.9a.41 everywhere and BMT 2.3.1
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 05-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Were you able to confirm that rating is not being pulled in the latest version for movies? (rated r,pg13 etc)

Also there any chance of seperating actor/actress's with something other than a , like number them so they are easily fetched seperate?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Also there any chance of seperating actor/actress's with something other than a , like number them so they are easily fetched seperate?
not sure how you would add numbers (assuming you want them indexed...) but you should be able to use this property item to change the way actors/actress's are written.

# Description: How each Actor will be written. This mask will be applied to each actor, and then appeneded into a single line for the properties file. {0} - Actor Name, {1} - Actor Role
/sageMetadata/actorMask={0} -- {1};\n
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Is there a way to have it import so the title is returned as "Bones" with GetAiringTitle(Airing) or GetMediaTitle(Airing)?

I noticed this property item:
# Description: Title mask to use for TV Files
/sageMetadata/tvTitleMask=${Title} - S${SeasonNumber}E${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

That mask is what is is being displayed in the title in SageMC. Would modifying the Mask to ${Title} have the effect I want?
Did some testing and it does what I want changing the mask to ${Title} has Sage do the correct grouping, etc when it is imported to the recording database

Quote:
Also is it possible to modify the metadata for files previously imported into the SageRecordings? If So how?
I am sure there is a better way but how I did it was delete the airing from Sage !!!!!!CAREFUL this deletes the actual file too!!!!!! and then recopy the file to the directory, reimport and rerun BMT on the file. Like I said I am sure there is a better way to update the metadata but it works until someone tells me the correct way to do this
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry guys, I've been out the loop for a bit...
@razrsharpe - it looks like you figured it out on your own You've used the title masks as they were intended. As for changing once it's been imported... if you "touch" the file (unix term, which mean update the file's timestamp) and then tell sage to refresh it's media, it should, re-import the updated metadata. If not, then deleting and re-adding will always work

@pluckyhd - I've added a bug for that... it apears that some providers is getting the rating ok, but others, not so much. I need to take a closer look to see what it happening. Also, as razrsharpe pointed out, the actorMask is used to define how you want to show the actor string.

Last edited by stuckless; 05-16-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
As for changing once it's been imported... if you "touch" the file (unix term, which mean update the file's timestamp) and then tell sage to refresh it's media, it should, re-import the updated metadata. If not, then deleting and re-adding will always work
Thanks sean for confirming that I was doing it right. Do I need to update the timestamp on the associated .properties file, actual video file, or both?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-16-2009, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

@pluckyhd - I've added a bug for that... it apears that some providers is getting the rating ok, but others, not so much. I need to take a closer look to see what it happening. Also, as razrsharpe pointed out, the actorMask is used to define how you want to show the actor string.
Okay glad to hear the old versions use to pull ratings but the new one doesn't appear to be. I am using themoviedb fyi.

Also any chance of adding actor/actress pictures to the fetching and the phoenix api? ( I would settle for the fetching)

thanks again.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Thanks sean for confirming that I was doing it right. Do I need to update the timestamp on the associated .properties file, actual video file, or both?
When bmt is run from the command line it updates both, but I think that Sage only requires the timestamp on the actual media file be updated.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=PLUCKYHD;359230]Okay glad to hear the old versions use to pull ratings but the new one doesn't appear to be. I am using themoviedb fyi.
[quote]
I noticed the imdb appears to be correct, but themoviedb does not.

Quote:
Also any chance of adding actor/actress pictures to the fetching and the phoenix api? ( I would settle for the fetching)
It's on the list.... unfortunately the list is quite large
Old 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

this may have been covered somewhere here or in wiki or the install instructions... but i looked and couldn't find it anywhere..... if it is please point me in the right direction....

I am trying to get the lookup of TV files from the command line working and i seem to be lost. I think it has to do with the thetvdb provider not being set in the metadata.properties files but can't seem to figure out how to add it. I attached the log for running against one offline file and my metadata.properties. The command i ran was
Code:
java -jar metadatatool.jar --offline "Cupid-LeftoftheDial-718658-0.mpg"
Any help is greatly appreciated

Also... is there the notion of title overrides for the title returned from the provider.... for example...using the show above ("Cupid") thetvdb lists the title as "Cupid (2009)". In an ideal world i would like the title to be just "Cupid". This is how the EPG lists it... then grouping, sorting, etc works the way it should
Attached Files
File Type: txt metadata.properties.txt (1.4 KB, 197 views)
File Type: txt metadataupdater.log.txt (16.8 KB, 221 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-19-2009, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

@razrsharpe - your provider list still contains invalid entries, such as tvdb.xml.. Edit your metadata.properties and remove, /metadata/videoMetadataProviders and edit the /metadata/defaultProviderId to include tvdb... ie, you only need the following in your metadata.properties

Code:
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\Svr1\\DVDPro\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\dvd\\Images\\
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=\\\\Svr1\\DVDPro\\XML Export\\Collection-dvd.xml
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFileLastModified=1240147933156
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler,tvdb,themoviedb.org-2,imdb.xml,imdb
/metadata/importTVAsRecordedShows=true
/metadataUpdater/fanartCentralFolder=\\\\Svr1\\Sage\\Fanart\\
Keep in mind it is totally safe to remove items from the .properties file, if it's something that you didn't explicitly set.

from the commandline, you can specify the provider(s) using something like --provider=tvdb,dvdprofiler, which is handy for testing.

As for the Title stuff, my show title came up as "Cupid" and not "Cupid (2009)"... before you re-run the test, remove any existing mediafile properties for the show you are testing, since the tool will re-read a properties file for a mediafile if it exists.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Speaking of TV.... Do you have any plans to have the plugin called when Sage records TV shows? I have been having great success manually running the tool (from the STV) on TV shows but having it happen automatically would be really nice.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
@razrsharpe - your provider list still contains invalid entries, such as tvdb.xml.. Edit your metadata.properties and remove, /metadata/videoMetadataProviders and edit the /metadata/defaultProviderId to include tvdb...
thanks sean i figured i had some configuration setting wrong thanks for looking at it... i will test it out when i get home tonight
Quote:
As for the Title stuff, my show title came up as "Cupid" and not "Cupid (2009)"...
Are you sure the metadata is for the correct show? Because if you check out the thetvdb site "Cupid" is for the original series that ran in 1998 and "Cupid (2009)" is for the one running currently. What tipped me off to go investigating is the episode synopsis information it returned; it seemed more like the series info rather than the episode info so i went exploring...

Cupid: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76612&lid=7
Cupid (2009): http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83615&lid=7

And a feature request: If updating the metadata for a sage recorded show keep the recorded air date and channel info... (the time, date, and channel that did the recording)... maybe it does this already but i don't think so. I am working on an import similar to the malore menus for sagemc and one of my grouping options i have is by channel.... on recordings that were originally recorded by sage that i ran BMT on they definately lose the channel info... not sure about recording air date... Maybe its a PITA to implement but figured I would put it out there

Aaron
Check out TVExplorer