SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Are you using the metadata-updater-2.1-2.zip version of the plug-in?

Quote:
setup my metadata.properties to how I wanted (image sizes etc) and set Sage to scan for files automatically
Questions:

1. Can you share your metadata.properties?
2. When you set it to scan automatically, is it the plug-in that is set to automatically scan ("automatic metadata/fanart")?
3. Did you turn off the SageTV automatically import new media and refresh meta data options, or do you leave that on as well?

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Are you using the metadata-updater-2.1-2.zip version of the plug-in?
Yes

Quote:
1. Can you share your metadata.properties?
Code:
#Configuration Properties
#Tue Apr 14 22:39:29 BST 2009
/media/useTSFolderForThumbnail=false
/metadata/airingIdRegex=([0-9]+)-[0-9]{1,2}\\.
/metadata/backgroundImageWidth=1280
/metadata/bannerImageWidth=-1
/metadata/defaultProviderId=themoviedb.org,themoviedb.org-2,imdb.xml,imdb,nielm_imdb
/metadata/enableDefaultSTVPosterCompatibility=false
/metadata/goodScoreThreshold=1.0
/metadata/maxDownloadableImages=10
/metadata/persistenceClass=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVWithCentralFanartFolderPersistence
/metadata/posterImageWidth=350
/metadata/scoreAlternateTitles=true
/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider,,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.themoviedb.TheMovieDBMetadataProvider
/metadata/wordsToClean=dvd,dvdrip,cam,ts,tc,scr,screener,dvdscr,xvid,divx,avi,vrs,repack,mallat,proper,dmt,dmd,stv
/metadataUpdater/automaticUpdate=false
/metadataUpdater/overwrite=true
Quote:
2. When you set it to scan automatically, is it the plug-in that is set to automatically scan ("automatic metadata/fanart")?
I have this set to false as it was interupting EP's TV scraper, although I could've just removed the TV providers.

Quote:
3. Did you turn off the SageTV refresh meta data options, or do you leave that on as well?
I have this enabled, if for whatever reason it doesn't get the metadata/fanart after the alloted time I would then use the manual rescan from within SageMC to rescan the folders.

I may have exaggerated slightly when I said it gets it within 5 mins as mine is set to scan automatically every one hour

Last edited by jaminben; 04-20-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the information.

A couple more questions if you dont mind:

1. With the plug-in installed and "automatic metadata/fanart" set to disabled, how does the new metadata/fanart get downloaded? Does the plug-in scan for new media even when the automatic metdata/fanart is off?

2. It doesnt look like you are using the DVD Profiler... is the a reason why you are not?

3. what does "useTSFolderForThumbnail=false" do?

4. Is this an accurate summary of the steps to take:
a. install sagetv beta 6.5.13
b. install metadata-updater-2.1-2.zip
c. set path for "fan art central path" under SageMC->settings->paths
\\NAS\SageTV\FanArt
d. detailed setup -> general -> automatic library rescan frequency "1 hour"
e. DVD profiler settings
meta data xml = \\NAS\SageTV\DVD Profiler\Collection.xml
dvd profiler path = \\NAS\SageTV\DVD Profiler\Databases\Default
Auto Load DVD Profiler Meta Data "enabled"
f. edit metadata.properties
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Collection.xml
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/name=DVD Profiler + TheMovieDB
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=DVD Profiler, but get fanart and missing details from TheMovieDB
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/iconUrl=
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/detailProviderId=themoviedb.org
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/compositeMode=1
g. BMT plug-in settings
"fanart" enabled
"automatic metadata/fanart" disabled
add "DVD Profiler + TheMovieDB" provider and put to top of list
Please comment on steps.

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Firstly this isn't my tool and I can't claim to be an expert or even understand it completely but this is how I understand it.

Quote:
Thanks for the information.
1. With the plug-in installed and "automatic metadata/fanart" set to disabled, how does the new metadata/fanart get downloaded? Does the plug-in scan for new media even when the automatic metdata/fanart is off?
Yes, via the Sage rescan media files option, although I have this set to automatic. You can also see in my metadata properties that BMT autoupdate is disabled.

Quote:
2. It doesnt look like you are using the DVD Profiler... is the a reason why you are not?
Because its pants. I used to use it but I much prefer this method. I can rescan my complete 600+ movie database with this tool automatically with 95%+ accuraccy and it only takes a few hours. Much easier than using DVD Pants, I mean profiler. I could be missing something DVD profiler does because I see alot of people using it but I just dont like it.

Quote:
3. what does "useTSFolderForThumbnail=false" do?
Description: If true, then the thumbnail will be written to the VIDEO_TS folder. Otherwise, it gets written to the normal DVD location. Taken from the Wiki.

http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...tadataImporter

Quote:
4. Is this an accurate summary of the steps to take:
\\NAS\SageTV\FanArt
e. DVD profiler settings
Auto Load DVD Profiler Meta Data "enabled"
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Collection.xml
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=DVD Profiler, but get fanart and missing details from TheMovieDB
g. BMT plug-in settings
"fanart" enabled
I don't think it really matter how you do it as long as you do it correctly in the end. But yes thats the way I would do it except for the DVD profiler bits as I wouldn't use that anymore.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Stuckless: Can you comment on the steps below?

1. It seems everyone has the BMT plugin option "automatic metadata/fanart" set to disabled

Can you explain what this is suppose to do and why it only seems to work disabled right now?

2. Are the steps in #4 above correct? Comments?

3. "useTSFolderForThumbnail", is this to support folks that arent using VIDEO_TS folders for their DVDs?

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless: Can you comment on the steps below?
1. It seems everyone has the BMT plugin option "automatic metadata/fanart" set to disabled
Can you explain what this is suppose to do and why it only seems to work disabled right now?
I have it enabled. I think that some people have experienced issues with it, and the recommended option, if it isn't doing what you need it to do, is to turn it off.

The "Automatic medata/fanart" is a SageTV Metadata plugin that be called when new media is added to the media library. When called, this plugin will use the filename and try to automatically find and download metadata/fanart for that new item. I think that some people have noticed an issue whereby when this is enabled, their media items are not showing up. I haven't personally had this issue.

So for a movie, such as, "Alien vs Predator.avi", when it added to the library, then all the metadata/fanart would be fetched automatically when sage does it's next media refresh. This is how I use it, and as a result, I haven't run the command line tool for a long time. The flip side to this, because it's automatic, is that sometimes, you can get a false hit on a movie. You can control the tolerance for false hits in the configuration file, but you probably don't want to hear about that

Quote:
2. Are the steps in #4 below correct? Comments?
Step "e" has nothing to do with BMT. SageMC has some support for imdb and dvdprofiler using other libraries (nielm and stanger89 i think). So setting those will have no effect on bmt, and may cause some collisions. personally I disable the imdb and dvd profiler support in sagemc.

Quote:
3. "useTSFolderForThumbnail", is this to support folks that arent using VIDEO_TS folders for their DVDs?
This is for default stv folks that want the poster for a DVD item to show up in the VIDEO_TS folder or at the dvd folder level. You don't need to set this value, because if you are using central fanart, then your posters will get written to the central fanart location.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Sage Icon

I noticed an error in my step (f), the imageDir is the actual directory of the images for BMT, yes?
dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\Images
Based on your previous comments, I should change step (e) to :

Auto Load DVD Profiler Meta Data "disabled"

If the "automatic metadata/fanart" is disabled then how can SageTV update the metadata automatically? Do folks then have to run the command line utility?

-------------------

Updating the steps based on feedback:

\\NAS\SageTV\FanArt

e. DVD profiler settings

/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\Images

g. BMT plug-in settings

"fanart" enabled

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Some of us SageTV on Windows Home Server users also use MyMovies to rip movies to our WHS, because it makes ripping the movies so easy.

MyMovies provides local metadata and images/fanart for each movie. Is there anyway to access that with BMT, like it accesses the local DVD Profiler xml and images? Is there some way for BMT to use MyMovies' xml file and images?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wified View Post
Some of us SageTV on Windows Home Server users also use MyMovies to rip movies to our WHS, because it makes ripping the movies so easy.

MyMovies provides local metadata and images/fanart for each movie. Is there anyway to access that with BMT, like it accesses the local DVD Profiler xml and images? Is there some way for BMT to use MyMovies' xml file and images?
I've added MyMovies support as an enhancement request. I've looked at the xml format and it could be done in the same way that the current dvd profiler support is done. It's on the list, but I can't say when I'll get a chance to implement it.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I noticed an error in my step (f), the imageDir is the actual directory of the images for BMT, yes?
imageDir is the dvd profiler images dir. BMT uses that to copy them from there to the central fanart location.

Quote:
Based on your previous comments, I should change step (e) to :
I'd also turn off the automatic imdb lookups in sagemc as well.

Quote:
If the "automatic metadata/fanart" is disabled then how can SageTV update the metadata automatically? Do folks then have to run the command line utility?
Command line is the only other option. Although the bmt plugin will allow you to download fanart from within the stv, but it will not update the metadata. When I release the 2.2 build, I would try it with the plugin enabled and see what you results are.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've added MyMovies support as an enhancement request. I've looked at the xml format and it could be done in the same way that the current dvd profiler support is done. It's on the list, but I can't say when I'll get a chance to implement it.
Thanks so much for being willing to consider this, Sean. Here is a thread of folks asking for the same thing, just so that you know that there is much interest in this:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...007#post345007
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Stuckless: Please review attached directions for accuracy. Let me know any edits/changes.

When will the 2.2 release be available? Are you going to be able to test the plug-in yourself?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I have it enabled as well; it's my favorite feature. As long as I do the work up front name the file correctly my success rate has been 100%.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Can you tell me what 'naming' requirements folks need to be aware of so I can add it to the document?

I thought standard tv recordings produced by SageTV, standard dvd folder and bluray all work, yes?

Are you referring to naming for media that have been downloaded from elsewhere?

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you tell me what 'naming' requirements folks need to be aware of so I can add it to the document?
Changing the name of the dvd folder or movie file to something that approximates the name of the movie.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless: Please review attached directions for accuracy. Let me know any edits/changes.

When will the 2.2 release be available? Are you going to be able to test the plug-in yourself?

2.2 will be out sometime this week.... Your document looks really good. It's concise and to the point. There are some little areas that need tweaking, but overall, it's well done.

Would you be mind if I create a wiki page out of your document, and maintained it as a wiki entry? I could give you access to the site to update the documentation. The reason that I prefer the wiki, is that it can be easily edited, from any location, and I can simply link to it from the main download area and the first post in this forum.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

Absolutely - that's sounds great.

Let me know if you need the document in some other format to place on wiki - Attaching updated version.

Please feel free to tweak/correct.

I expect to add in future revs information on advanced configuration and use of the command line as well - but this is just to get started.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For movies files, if the title is human readable, it should be fine... ie,
Finding Nemo.avi
Finding.Nemo.avi
Finding_Nemo.avi
Finding_Nemo_cd1.avi
Finding_Nemo_DVDrip.avi

For movie dvds (either format)
Finding Nemo/VIDEO_TS/
Finding Nemo/movie.vob

For blu-ray
Finding Nemo/BDMV/

You can use the m2ts ext in 2.2, but it's just like any other file format
Finding Nemo.m2ts

For tv (non sage recordings)
House/Season 1/House S01E01.avi

For tv (non sage recording, dvd disc sets)
House/Season 1/House S01D01.avi

For Sage Recorded shows (fanart only)
Futurama-AFishfulofDollars-2557575-0.ts
The important thing here is the airingid in the filename. IF the plugin finds an airing for the given filename, it will download fanart. No airing... No Fanart. (future version of bmt will download metadata and fanart, but as of 2.2, just fanart)

NOTE: TV files will NOT be imported into the Sage Recordings. The fanart will still be in the TV area, but the media items will NOT show up in the Sage Recordings. The will show up, as expected, in the video library. Future versions of bmt may have an option to import them, but as of 2.2, it does not.

Quote:
I thought standard tv recordings produced by SageTV, standard dvd folder and bluray all work, yes?
dvd, bluray, yes for fanart and metadata. Sage Recordings... Fanart Only.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Does BMT support movie collections using the DVDPro2Sage format?

DVD Set Name
DVD Set Name - Disc1
VIDEO_TS
DVD Set Name - Disc 2
VIDEO_TS
or

DVD Set Name
DVD Set Name - Disc1
BDMV
DVD Set Name - Disc 2
BDMV
ie.

Battlestar Galactica Season 1
Battlestar Galactica Season 1 - Disc 1
VIDEO_TS
Battlestar Galactica Season 1 - Disc 2
VIDEO_TS

Last edited by sflamm; 04-20-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Honestly... i don't know... We'll have to test and find out.