SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, I don't read the existing dvdprofiler path, but I'll make a note to check for that. BMT uses it's own configuration file, metadata.properties, which is in the same directory as your Sage.properties (server). You'll need to add the following lines for dvd profiler support...

Quote:
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=
because of how java properties work, you'll need to escape certain characters, such as the : \ and space.

for example a path may look like this...
Quote:
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=c\:dvd\ profiler\\
Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks - I will try that out... It would be good if it reads the existing dvdprofiler path as I think most folks would expect that.

Are these correct:

/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Collection.xml

In particular, do you use the path directory where the image folder is, like in the UI or is imageDir the actual path to the image folder?

My current metadata.properties file is:

Code:
#Configuration Properties
#Mon Apr 13 01:59:53 PDT 2009
/metadata/airingIdRegex=([0-9]+)-[0-9]{1,2}\\.
/metadata/backgroundImageWidth=-1
/metadata/bannerImageWidth=-1
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler
/metadata/enableDefaultSTVPosterCompatibility=false
/metadata/goodScoreThreshold=0.9
/metadata/maxDownloadableImages=5
/metadata/persistenceClass=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVPropertiesWithCentralFanartPersistence
/metadata/posterImageWidth=200
/metadata/scoreAlternateTitles=true
/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider,,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.themoviedb.TheMovieDBMetadataProvider
/metadata/wordsToClean=1080p,720p,480p,1080i,720i,480i,dvd,dvdrip,cam,ts,tc,scr,screener,dvdscr,xvid,divx,avi,vrs,repack,mallat,proper,dmt,dmd,stv,HDTV,x264[/SIZE]
I assume this was written by the plugin (I have not done anything manually yet).

On the "/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=" line it lists all the providers, even though I selected only 1 in the plugin.

Questions:
1. Is the plugin not modifying the metadata.properties file?
2. Do I need to edit by hand?
3. Is the order in which the providers are listed used?
4. Are there other properties I should be setting?

Can someone post a sample metadata.properties file for me?

Last edited by sflamm; 04-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Thanks - I will try that out... It would be good if it reads the existing dvdprofiler path as I think most folks would expect that.

Are these correct:

/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Collection.xml

In particular, do you use the path directory where the image folder is, like in the UI or is imageDir the actual path to the image folder?
The imageDir is the dvd profiler images directory for your collection. The tool will find the cover from that location and copy it to the Posters areas if fanart is enabled, or it will write it as the sage thumbnail.

Quote:
My current metadata.properties file is:

Code:
#Configuration Properties
#Mon Apr 13 01:59:53 PDT 2009
/metadata/airingIdRegex=([0-9]+)-[0-9]{1,2}\\.
/metadata/backgroundImageWidth=-1
/metadata/bannerImageWidth=-1
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler
/metadata/enableDefaultSTVPosterCompatibility=false
/metadata/goodScoreThreshold=0.9
/metadata/maxDownloadableImages=5
/metadata/persistenceClass=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVPropertiesWithCentralFanartPersistence
/metadata/posterImageWidth=200
/metadata/scoreAlternateTitles=true
/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider,,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider,org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.themoviedb.TheMovieDBMetadataProvider
/metadata/wordsToClean=1080p,720p,480p,1080i,720i,480i,dvd,dvdrip,cam,ts,tc,scr,screener,dvdscr,xvid,divx,avi,vrs,repack,mallat,proper,dmt,dmd,stv,HDTV,x264[/SIZE]
I assume this was written by the plugin (I have not done anything manually yet).

On the "/metadata/videoMetadataProviders=" line it lists all the providers, even though I selected only 1 in the plugin.
It looks fine. /metadata/videoMetadataProviders is the complete list of installed providers, while, /metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler is the currently active provider(s).

From what I can see, you only have dvd profiler active.

Quote:
Questions:
1. Is the plugin not modifying the metadata.properties file?
2. Do I need to edit by hand?
3. Is the order in which the providers are listed used?
4. Are there other properties I should be setting?
1. The plugin is modifying the file
2. Yes, if you need to configure specific options (there are lots of options)
3. Yes, /metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler, is the list of providers, comma separated. List them in the order you want to use..., ie, /metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml
4. There are so many properties.... best to read the --showProperties list and see if anything catches your attention.

Quote:
Can someone post a sample metadata.properties file for me?
[/quote]
Your metadata.properties looks fine... for a complete list of properties, use the command line...
Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar --showProperties
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I have changed the paths to:

/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=\\\\NAS\\SageTV\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\Images

I still am having no luck with the plug-in providing metadata.

I tried to run the tool from the command line using the command:

java -jar Metadatatool.jar --reindex --auto=false --prompt=true --recurse \\NAS\Videos

and it returns:

Batch MetaData Tools (2.1-2)

Quote:
MetaData Stats...
Auto Updated: 0; Auto Skipped: 0; Manual Updated:0; Manual Skipped: 2
\\NAS\Videos contains two folders with standard DVD directories...

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get it to load the metadata?!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

could you post your metadataupdater.log file? Everything seems like it should be working.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

I dont seem to have a metadataupdater.log file....?

I did discover a typo in the 'Collection.xml' path... and now the command line shows the meta-data updates that it will perform.
I cancelled because I wanted the plug-in to make the updates.

How do I get the plug-in to make these updates?

Last edited by sflamm; 04-13-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

if the media files are already added to the sage library, then I would use the command line tool, since it will tall sage that they exist.

otherwise, if you want to use the plugin, then you'll need to tell sage to reindex your collection, and it will attept to do so using the plugin. or, you can remove the video directory, and readd it, and sage will perform a rescan as well.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

I noticed there is a --RefreshSageTV flag that says it will notify Sage... is this required or does it happen by default?

I added and removed the video library directory and now Sage does not see it, even after a manual rescan... how do I fix that?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I've tried a number of things to fix the Metadata/Fanart Search option in my setup, but nothing seems to remedy the issue. Any idea what might cause that option to not return any results? I realize that Fanart is the only thing that's currently retrieving anything. No matter what show I do a lookup on, no results are returned. It just has the pop-up that says "Metadata/Fanart Search" and a "close" button below that. I'm currently running SageTV 6.5.9 on WHS and the client, as well as SageMC 6.3.9. I tried beta 6.5.13 with the same results.

I also tried the --report=quick and --report=detailed options, and it said that the api was most likely not installed on the server. I then tried installing that without any change in the report's response.

Let me know what other info/logs you need and I'll be happy to post them.

Last edited by Skirge01; 04-13-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using a windows client, placeshifter, or extender? If it's an extender/placeshifter, then you'll need the bmt application installed on the server. If it's a windows client, then you'll also need the bmt application installed in the sage directory of the client as well.

As always, you can post logs, and I'll try to look at them. I think that as of the latest build logging is redirected to wherever you have it set in your log4.properties. Probably the mailcheck.log, if it exists.

also post your quick report.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

I disabled the ""automatic metadata/fanart" setting in the plug-in and then all my videos showed back up in my library...

How are you suppose to use this setting? How are you suppose to use the plug-in to scan and update the library as videos are added?

If I run the tool from the command line it puts the "videoname.properties" files in place... however, this does not work with BDMV folders! I thought it was suppose to put all the meta data in the right places?

Is also does not appear to do anything will a directory with an .iso in it... do I have something configured incorrectly?

btw, the "videoname.properties" files still have the html tags embedded in them and are not rendered on the screen correctly... i thought i read you were going to strip out the tags... (i.e. <i> </i>)

Last edited by sflamm; 04-13-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If it's an extender/placeshifter, then you'll need the bmt application installed on the server. If it's a windows client, then you'll also need the bmt application installed in the sage directory of the client as well.
I did this, but I re-installed it--overwriting everything--in the client's folder tonight and that seems to have fixed it. Very strange, but it worked. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The imageDir is the dvd profiler images directory for your collection. The tool will find the cover from that location and copy it to the Posters areas if fanart is enabled, or it will write it as the sage thumbnail.
Glad to hear this, the ones from themoviedb are good, but some of the ones from DVD Profiler are just better imho. Once I change the paths for the DVD profiler directory, how do i get the DVD Profiler covers to show up in my Posters folder? Is there a way to force that to happen automatically, or do I need to do each movie individually?

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

You can do a commandline scan, using the --overwriteFanart option, and it should overwrite the posters to the new ones that it finds in your dvd profiler collection.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Sean! It will just add them to the ones in the Posters folder already right?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately I'm not 100% if that will be the case or not... I think that if you use overwrite, it will overwrite the default poster with the new poster... you can try it on a single movie and test it out.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

ok, will do. i'll test out just 1 first. actually never used the command line, what would i type?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

If you've never used the command line, then it might just be easier to test using the UI manual fanart search functionality.

But if you want to use the commandline, it would be something like...
Code:
java -jar MetadataUpdater.jar --overwriteFanart --fanartFolder=YOUR_FOLDER YOUR_MOVIEFILE
or in the case of a dvd folder...
java -jar MetadataUpdater.jar --overwriteFanart --fanartFolder=YOUR_FOLDER YOUR_MOVIE_DIR
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

cannot get report to work

Hi

I am using sagemc6.3.9_a, batchmetadata 2.1.2 and on the server I have nielms web server and installed the sagex.api-6.5.9-7.
I am using latest sagetv 6.5.13.

I am trying to run the bmi on a client (which also has the bmi and sagemc6.3.9_a on it). with a --report=(quick,detaild, filename).

I am getting an exception saying that it did not find the sageapi on the server, but it is installed and netstat says its waiting on port 1098.
can you help with this?

I am trying to figure out some stuff relying to BMI but I cannot get past this hurdle.

Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --update=true --overwr
ite=true --recurse "\\Homeserver\tv\dexter" --report=quick
Batch MetaData Tools (2.1-2)
Requesting a Fanart report: quick on the SageTV Server.
SageAPI Provider is not set, will try to find the server...
Sage Provider Implementation: sagex.remote.rmi.RMISageAPI; rmi://127.0.0.1:1098
java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested
exception is:
        java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at sagex.remote.rmi.RMISageAPI.callService(RMISageAPI.java:27)
        at sagex.remote.rmi.RMISageAPI.callService(RMISageAPI.java:46)
        at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:70)
        at sagex.api.WidgetAPI.EvaluateExpression(WidgetAPI.java:343)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.process(MetadataUpdater.java
:217)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:10
8)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
        ... 10 more
Report Failed.  Most likely cause is that the sagex.api Remote APIs are not inst
alled on the server.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22

Last edited by alon24; 04-15-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

alon24, It looks like it thinks that your "remote" sage server is the "localhost". You can force a remote serve in the sage remote apis by using the following system property in java, sagex.SageAPI.remoteUrl. You can pass that property via the commandline as...

Code:
# java -Dsagex.SageAPI.remoteUrl=rmi://YOURSERVER:PORT -jar MetadataTool.jar --report=quick