SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm trying to run this with the plugin for Tru Calling. When I select the Metadata/Fanart button it returns with just a close button. I checked on thetvdb.com and there actually is fanart. Any suggestions?
I'm actually having issues connecting to the thetvdb.com site... that may be the problem. I've heard that there have been issues with the site lately.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Seems to be working now. We'll see how long it will last.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
from the looks of it... it thinks that Temp is the movie.... could you do a dir in f:\temp\ and send the output...., also, try the --recurse option to see if it's a bug in how the folder processing is working.

if --recurse doesn't fix the issue, then also check to see if you have any .vob files or a VIDEO_TS folder in the temp dir... if you do, then bmt will think the TEMP folder is actually a DVD folder.
It did think f:\temp was a movie... if F: I found a properties file with this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059235/

So I changed the folder name and it works ok now

...but: I cant get the fanart to the central folder. Its still in the movie folder with the _background suffix
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
It did think f:\temp was a movie... if F: I found a properties file with this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059235/

So I changed the folder name and it works ok now

...but: I cant get the fanart to the central folder. Its still in the movie folder with the _background suffix
to use the central fanart, you need to pass the --fanartFolder=YOUR_FOLDER
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

One bug I found with the plugin. When I go into the SageMC options and try to change the location of the central folder, the screen for selecting comes up but I can't change the folder because I can't see the new dialog box. It seems to have absolutely no background to block out the previous dialog so they're kind of mushed together. I have tried this on both the HD200 and a client.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
to use the central fanart, you need to pass the --fanartFolder=YOUR_FOLDER
This is my command line:

java -jar MetadataTool.jar "F:\FILES TEMP" --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --provider=themoviedb.org-2
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
This is my command line:

java -jar MetadataTool.jar "F:\FILES TEMP" --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --provider=themoviedb.org-2
One odd thing... is that the movie dir/file should be the last arg... i was surprised that your commandline works... but it appears that it does...

try,
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --provider=themoviedb.org "F:\FILES TEMP"

or try --overwrite (and the default provider list)

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --overwrite "F:\FILES TEMP"

without the overwrite, then any files that currently have a .properties will be skipped.

You can also test by specifying a file directly

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --overwrite "F:\FILES TEMP\MyMOvie.avi"
Old 04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi Sean,

Loving the new beta, these properties seem to work great with the plugin

/metadata/maxDownloadableImages=5
/metadata/backgroundImageWidth=720
/metadata/posterImageWidth=350

Has metadata been enabled when using the plugin as I know you said you disabled for the last release. I'm not worried about it updating existing metadata just new titles that get added but don't have any data present.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 04-04-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Removed stupid question :)
Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
One odd thing... is that the movie dir/file should be the last arg... i was surprised that your commandline works... but it appears that it does...

try,
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --provider=themoviedb.org "F:\FILES TEMP"

or try --overwrite (and the default provider list)

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --overwrite "F:\FILES TEMP"

without the overwrite, then any files that currently have a .properties will be skipped.
You can also test by specifying a file directly

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse --fanartFolder=E:\FanArt --overwrite "F:\FILES TEMP\MyMOvie.avi"
SORRY my mistake. I was pointing to ver 1.22...
cahnged it to 2.0. WORKS GREAT!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Sean -

Have some issues lately. I had been using the tool as a command line interface fine for awhile, but just tried to setup the plugin too, and now I can't get anything to run.

I just grabbed the newest beta to see if it would fix anything, but still getting stuck. I deleted the metadata.properties file, but I still am not getting anywhere.

This is a log for one DVD file (Top Gun). Anything in here point you toward my solution?

thanks
Matt

Code:
    0 INFO  [main] org.jdna.util.LoggerConfiguration - Logging Configured using: /org/jdna/metadataupdater/log4j.properties
    0 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Attempting to load metadataupdater from default locations....
   15 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - Loading: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\metadata.properties
   15 WARN  [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - Configuration: metadata.properties does not exist.  Using defaults.
   15 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - Loading: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\metadata-titles.properties
   15 INFO  [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - No titles map configured: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\metadata-titles.properties
   31 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.composite.CompositeMetadataProvider - Composite Provider Created with id: sample; search: imdb; details: themoviedb.org
   47 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Using Default Persistence Engine: org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVPropertiesWithCentralFanartPersistence
   62 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Adding MetaDataProvider: IMDb
   62 ERROR [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Failed to register new Metadata Provider: org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb/DbFailureException
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.<init>(MediaMetadataFactory.java:55)
    at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.getInstance(MediaMetadataFactory.java:28)
    at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.initConfiguration(MetadataUpdater.java:374)
    at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:83)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.DbFailureException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more
   62 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Adding MetaDataProvider: DVD Profiler
   62 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Adding MetaDataProvider: themoviedb.org
   62 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.composite.CompositeMetadataProvider - Composite Provider Created with id: themoviedb.org-2; search: imdb; details: themoviedb.org
   62 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Adding MetaDataProvider: IMDb/themoviedb.org
   62 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Adding MetaDataProvider: Sample Composite Provider
   62 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - ========= BEGIN BATCH METADATA TOOLS ENVIRONMENT ==============
   62 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater -    BMT Version:  2.1-beta2
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater -  Sagex Version:  6.5.9-4
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater -   Java Version:  1.6.0_10
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Java Classpath:  metadatatool.jar
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - ========= END BATCH METADATA TOOLS ENVIRONMENT ==============
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.cmdline.CommandLine - Adding Mapped Arg: [fanartFolder]=[]D:\FanArt
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.cmdline.CommandLine - Adding Mapped Arg: [provider]=[]themoviedb.org-2
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.cmdline.CommandLine - Adding Unamed Arg: \\Naslite-2\disk-2\Videos\Top Gun
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Central Fanart Enabled; Using Folder: D:\FanArt
   78 INFO  [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Setting the default provider: themoviedb.org-2
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Default Provider Set: themoviedb.org-2
   78 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater - Using Providers: themoviedb.org-2
  125 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.impl.MovieResourceFilter - Using Movie Filter Regex: avi|mpg|divx|mkv|wmv|mov|xvid
  125 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.impl.MovieResourceFilter - Not Using any Directory Exclude Filters.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

matt, sorry you are experiencing issues with the 2.x builds... I just ran a test using a Top Gun dvd and I was able to get it to work without issue.

I'm wondering if you could run the test again, and then post or pm your metadataupater.log. The portion you posted was helpful, but I need to see what is happening next.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
matt, sorry you are experiencing issues with the 2.x builds... I just ran a test using a Top Gun dvd and I was able to get it to work without issue.

I'm wondering if you could run the test again, and then post or pm your metadataupater.log. The portion you posted was helpful, but I need to see what is happening next.
that was the whole thing.
I'll do another one (of the whole directory, which actually has a little more info), and send it to you.

Matt
Old 04-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

I decided to do another forcefull reindex again just to get all my images to the same size and noticed that its putting images in both the fanart folder and the movies folder. Is their anyway to stop the images being placed in the movies folder?

I've looked at the list of properties on the Wiki but can't see anything.

I'm also using:

/media/useTSFolderForThumbnail=false

But it still places images in the DVD folder as well as the fanart folder.

I'm using the plugin and placing properties in metadata.properties.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 04-05-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I'm trying to use the command line version of this tool to get background and banner fanart for my recorded TV shows.

Quote:
Enhancement 13 allows for banners to be downloaded, BUT, to my knowledge, banners have not been implemented in my xmbc tvdb.xml scraper. But this basically allows for the infrastructure to be there, when I finally get around to updating the scapers.
Any idea how long it will take to update the scrapers so banners are downloaded? Is this a hard thing to do or relatively easy?

Also, the tool does not seem to recognize shows that are named according to the standard Sage convention. For example, AmericanIdol-nnnnnnnnn.mpg is not recognized as American Idol.

Here is the command line I am using:

Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --fanartFolder=c:\Temp\MDT --recurse --tv=true \\NASLite\Disk-1
Am I asking this tool to do something that it just wasn't designed to do?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe you could search for uppercase and insert a space prior ignoring the first char, stopping the parse at the hyphen..

Then there would have to be a method applied to handle words like the, of, etc. They don't seem to be capitalized.

B
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

I've got an issue with a log called mailcheck.log. Now from the title I didn't pay much attention to it as I thought it was something to do with an email plugin which I've never used on my Sage system.

Anyway I've just ran out of HDD space on my C: drive and after some invesigation its all down to these logs taking up a massive 8Gb of hard drive space. They seem to be created quite regular and several times a day. Looking at the log its referencing BMT and the plugin. I've attached a small version of this log and you can already see that its 4mb in size and thats just 7mins worth. The biggest log I had was just under 1.5Gb.

Is their a way to disable this log? or delete unused logs automatically?

Cheers

Ben
Attached Files
File Type: zip mailcheck.zip (137.7 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 04-05-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I've got an issue with a log called mailcheck.log. Now from the title I didn't pay much attention to it as I thought it was something to do with an email plugin which I've never used on my Sage system.

Anyway I've just ran out of HDD space on my C: drive and after some invesigation its all down to these logs taking up a massive 8Gb of hard drive space. They seem to be created quite regular and several times a day. Looking at the log its referencing BMT and the plugin. I've attached a small version of this log and you can already see that its 4mb in size and thats just 7mins worth. The biggest log I had was just under 1.5Gb.

Is their a way to disable this log? or delete unused logs automatically?

Cheers

Ben
There is a log4j.properties files. You might want to try setting debug=false. Also set the rootCategory=fatal, log. I had about 8 of these but most were between 1k to 45 k. (Had 1 14 MB file). I just reset mine to see what happens.

Code:
# enable the internal log4j logging (usefull for debuging log4j)
#log4j.debug=true

# set log levels for loggers (categories) debug < info < warn < error < fatal
log4j.rootCategory=error, log

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
# set log levels for loggers (categories) debug < info < warn < error < fatal
log4j.rootCategory=error, log[/CODE]
Thanks Gerry, I'll give that a go and see what happens
Old 04-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

The new "Date Added' sort menu for video library is a great add-on to SageMC. But BMT run in batch mode "touches" video files and thus the "date added" functionality is reset. Not sure if there's a way around "touching" the file but it is unfortunate since I was quite pleased to get the "date added" sort. Do files get "touched" also when run from the STV?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Doesn't appear so. My latest update with the plugin to some of my DVDs still left the "date added" in the correct order. But of course you can only update single existing DVDs at a time. Anything new should get updated on its own.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.