SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to get BMT to just look for the season / episode number for Recordings but leave everything else intact? WHen I run a scan, I often end up with no episode description (ie the one that would be there from the EPG is gone) but the Season and Episode number DO show up......
Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Is there a way to get BMT to just look for the season / episode number for Recordings but leave everything else intact? WHen I run a scan, I often end up with no episode description (ie the one that would be there from the EPG is gone) but the Season and Episode number DO show up......
Unfortunately, no. But, i've had enough requests bother here and in emails, that I'll look at adding this as a feature for 4.x.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Cool - It probably wouldn't have to be any more complex logic than if metadata for this field already exists, don't update it. Some kind of "Only update empty fields" option in the scan menu.......

btl.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Something odd is happening to Sage this moring - I wonder if anyone has any advice?

I recorded Sanctuary & Dollhouse last night, which in my market were on back to back (on different channels). Sanctuary already had recordings in Sage. Dollhouse had been the victim of a house cleaning so I didn't have any existing recordings or a Media folder.

This morning when I looked at the recordings - to see if art & metadata for Dollhouse had been picked up (which is just so awesome!) I noticed that the fanart for Dollhouse was appearing for the Sanctuary recordings. Ok. So I go into the Web interface and I see that that episode info for Dollhouse is in the Sanctuary metadata. I correct it.

And now - the SANCTUARY fanart is appearing for DOLLHOUSE. I look at the Dollhouse metadata and the Sanctuary info is now there. I tried to correct it.. but it seems the two recordings are linked somehow and they keep overwriting each other and I get the fanart for which ever one I updated last in both sets of metadata.

Help?
Thanks
Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Exact same thing happened to me, except it was an episode of 'The Little Mermaid' and 'Sanctuary' - neither had BMT meta data, and after a (manual) scan they were reversed like you describe above. I was able to fix in the web by making sure each show had the right values in each field......
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Did you open them both at the same time or something?

I have tried several times to correct the data. And one always overwrites the other. I can get either to stick.

Quote:
Exact same thing happened to me, except it was an episode of 'The Little Mermaid' and 'Sanctuary' - neither had BMT meta data, and after a (manual) scan they were reversed like you describe above. I was able to fix in the web by making sure each show had the right values in each field......
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think I might have missed a bit of functionality of BMT that would be useful.

If I miss a recording of an episode of a show I watch - let's say Heroes - and I download it from somewhere, right now I throw it into one of my My Videos folders and have to remember that it is there when we are getting caught up on Heroes. Is there a way to easily import this episode of Heroes into My TV as if it was recorded and not downloaded so that it would show up as a regular recorded episode? Now that would be cool if it was easy to do.

I know I can create an XML file of the details for it and import it through the webUI, but that isn't easy enough for me to bother doing.

Thanks
Greg
Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Is there a way to easily import this episode of Heroes into My TV as if it was recorded and not downloaded so that it would show up as a regular recorded episode? Now that would be cool if it was easy to do.
"Import TV as Sage Recordings" (or something similar) when you do a manual scan from the BMT Web UI.

Your other option is to use TVE (Link in my sig) to combine imported and recorded TV into a single view. With TVE, after imported TV is updated by BMT (mediatype = TV) TVE will combine it with your sage recorded content.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
"Import TV as Sage Recordings" (or something similar) when you do a manual scan from the BMT Web UI.
That works great. I didn't even have to import. I found that once the video was in the My Videos folder and already known by Sage, doing a search in BMT's browse capability allowed me to edit the details. checking on the Sage Recording? check box moved it into My TV. I was even able to go fix up the Episode titles for some of the reruns.

This is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Your other option is to use TVE (Link in my sig) to combine imported and recorded TV into a single view. With TVE, after imported TV is updated by BMT (mediatype = TV) TVE will combine it with your sage recorded content.
I have been meaning to try out TVE but I really don't like the default STV and the Malore menus. I really do like the layout of My TV, although I would love to be able to categorize TV shows by person in the house. After 2 - 3 years of using SageTV my wife still complains that she misses BTV and the way that we had the recording separated by person.

Thanks a lot for the pointer, that helped a lot!
Greg
Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
I have tried several times to correct the data. And one always overwrites the other. I can get either to stick.
When you bring up the metadata in the webui, take note of the mediaid, showid, and airingingid for each video. I wonder if bmt, somehow, cross-linked the airing/show ids

Also, are you use the automatic plugin as well? (not that it should matter, just curious)

Quote:
Cool - It probably wouldn't have to be any more complex logic than if metadata for this field already exists, don't update it. Some kind of "Only update empty fields" option in the scan menu......
Yeah, I think that would be the easiest approach. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble
Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I think that would be the easiest approach. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble
Famous last words
Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I use the Browse feature, if the term I am searching for has spaces it doesn't seem to find anything.

For instance, I want to find all the recordings of Top Gear. When I click on Browse and enter "Top Gear" in the Title Contains field and then check all the Browse fields just for good measure, I get a dialog box saying "Service return an error".

Greg
Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I am using the auto plugin.

I seem to have resolved the issue but I don't know exactly how. In a fit of frustration I deleted Dollhouse.

So I set up a recording for a movie this morning. When it was done I was getting the same issues with the new recording. I restarted sage a few times and messed around with the metadata. I think I might have done a reIndex of the whole library in there somewhere too.

I checked my SageMC versions and upgraded to 639b_23. I played with the metadata some more. I recorded yet another show for test (which was not getting metadata lookup at all)

Just now I moved the movie I recorded this morning from the Recordings folder to the MOVIES folder (another folder on another drive). Restarted sage... and all is well again. The other recorded show got meta data and fan art within seconds.

Thanks Stuckless. I'll keep you posted. We'll see what happens Monday as the programming wizards here in NY have put Chuck/Heros/Fringe AND Castle all on the same night. Sage will be cooking.

Quote:
When you bring up the metadata in the webui, take note of the mediaid, showid, and airingingid for each video. I wonder if bmt, somehow, cross-linked the airing/show ids

Also, are you use the automatic plugin as well? (not that it should matter, just curious)
Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm having a similar link type issue on two files from the SAME show, I change one and it changes the other.

I'll give you a PM stuckless if you want to observe in person via the web.

btl.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I was able to see the problem first hand, thanks to bialio, but unfortunately, I'm not closer to a solution. I have to review the Show persistence code with a fine tooth comb, and see if I can find anything.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Sean, congrats on your progress with BMT 4.0! I heard its going to be out more or less in a month or so if things go right.

As you might know, Ive made a "sort-of" automatic fanart downloader that downloads TV movie fanart from our sageTV Guide (temporary workaround to BMT's automatic TV Movie fanart downloading not working).

I was hoping theres a way for the BMT command line to default to n=next if there isn't a definitive result found; basically skipping anything needs to present the user with choices. I know the command line switches already by doing a "java -jar MetadataTool.jar". But, I thought if there's even the slightest chance there's a hidden or combination of switches that does this, it sure would be nice.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Sean, congrats on your progress with BMT 4.0! I heard its going to be out more or less in a month or so if things go right.
That's what I keep thinking... but then more and more gets added in... at some point I guess I just need to have a cut off... release... and then move forward again

Quote:
As you might know, Ive made a "sort-of" automatic fanart downloader that downloads TV movie fanart from our sageTV Guide (temporary workaround to BMT's automatic TV Movie fanart downloading not working).

I was hoping theres a way for the BMT command line to default to n=next if there isn't a definitive result found; basically skipping anything needs to present the user with choices. I know the command line switches already by doing a "java -jar MetadataTool.jar". But, I thought if there's even the slightest chance there's a hidden or combination of switches that does this, it sure would be nice.
I'm not sure I fully understand... but if do, then bmt does have a --prompt=false commandline arg. when --prompt=false is used, then the user is not prompted for any information, and failed results are just skipped. Typically it's used to run bmt without any interaction.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey stuckless,

I've got a weird thing going on now with one of my shows - it doesn't have any fanart in SageMC - when I look at it in BMT web it shows that the default fanart dirs are <ShowName>/Season n/ - and those directories don't exist......

btl.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Where/how do you edit the metadata for a shared DVD drive?

I ran edit info on a shared drive to get cover art and description and figured I could edit these to fit a generic DVD drive. I can not seem to find where the .properties file is or the info for that drive. The thumbs are in "SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Phoenix\Fanart\Movies\", I am hoping that it is not stored in the wiz.bin file

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Skybolt

Last edited by Skybolt; 01-11-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've got a weird thing going on now with one of my shows - it doesn't have any fanart in SageMC - when I look at it in BMT web it shows that the default fanart dirs are <ShowName>/Season n/ - and those directories don't exist......
The "default" fanart dir is the fanart dir that would be used, if there were any fanart. ie, it's not an indicator that there is fanart, just shows you where you would need to put fanart for it to be picked up.

Is this a show that you scanned using the web ui?

for TV fanart, it does try to check the season folders folders first, and then fall back to the non season folders if there isn't season specific fanart. (although i did recently find a bug in the season code recently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Where/how do you edit the metadata for a shared DVD drive?

I ran edit info on a shared drive to get cover art and description and figured I could edit these to fit a generic DVD drive. I can not seem to find where the .properties file is or the info for that drive. The thumbs are in "SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Phoenix\Fanart\Movies\", I am hoping that it is not stored in the wiz.bin file
Editing metadata for a dvd drive would be tricky... there are 2 ways to get etadata into sage... update the wiz.bin or write directly to a .properties file. Given that the properties file needs to be at the same level as the dvd drive or video_ts dir, then it can't actually write the properties. My guess is that because it could not write the properties, then it just failed the whole the thing. But if it didn't fail, then it probably did update the wiz.bin.

Bottom line, I'm not sure that Shared DVD drive fanart is possilble.