SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
I've noticed that I'm generating mailcheck.log files with entries:How do I stop this?
It's a harmless message, that shows up because bmt is using the core phoenix apis, but there was no need to ship a phoenix configuration file. the missing xml file has no negative impact on bmt, other than the log message.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Understood - but it is causing there to be a lot of mailcheck.log files produced... which will eventually build up (small in size but a whole bunch of them). Is there a way of stopping it wihtout too much trouble?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Check out this post on configuring log4j.

I would also set all logging to warn or error, unless you need/want the debug logging. By default bmt usese the sagemc log4j properties, that uses a rotating log appender.

If you just wanted a single file that gets overwritten each time sage starts....
change
Code:
log4j.appender.log=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.log.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-a
log4j.appender.log.File=mailcheck.log
to
Code:
log4j.appender.log=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.log.Append=false
or, if you want a single file, that rotates ONLY after it gets to a certain size... then change it to...
Code:
log4j.appender.log=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
# Set the maximum log file size (use KB, MB or GB)
log4j.appender.log.MaxFileSize=100MB
# Set the number of log files (0 means no backup files at all)
log4j.appender.log.MaxBackupIndex=5
# Append to the end of the file or overwrites the file at start.
log4j.appender.log.Append=false
For more information on log4j appenders and configuring log4j, check out this guide.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Different Show Names

One thing that I have noticed with BMT, and I'm not sure if it's a setting that I can change or not....

When I allow BMT to update my metadata automatically from the Sage Media Scan, the show info comes up "right" in my SageMC folder, the way I like it:

Ghost Hunters - S05E23 - Pensacola Lighthouse

If there is nothing on TVDB at the time of the scan, it comes up only as:

Ghost Hunters - S05E23 -

This is fine as it tells me that the database needs to be updated. Once it gets updated with the show information, and I do a manual update through SageMC, it comes in as:

Pensacola Lighthouse

It's still in the correct folder, but it's missing the "Ghost Hunters - S05E23"

Is there a switch somewhere that I can change so that the manual scan works the same as the auto scan?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Is there a switch somewhere that I can change so that the manual scan works the same as the auto scan?
It sounds like you are importing these files as sage recordings. When tv files are scanned, there are 2 title masks that are used to create the title. One mask is for tv files that are NOT being imported as recordings, and the other is a mask that is used when titles ARE being imported as recordings.

The mask for non imported recordings is Series - S##E## - Title and the mask for recordings is just Title.

You can change these masks using the web ui. Go to Configure and search for mask. It should show all the various title masks.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

That's the weird part... I'm not "purposely" importing anything as Sage recordings... I don't have a tuner or any Sage Recordings going on with this server. Poor quality recordings on my HD tv with only an analog tuner card... bla - long story.. LOL

I'll look at the other settings you mention, but I'm not sure that's the root cause. As I mentioned, the auto-scan function works perfectly, but the manual one (from within the folder - edit video info - fanart/metadata) is the one that gives me grief...

- I just found the MASKS in the WebUI, and the Sage Recording TV Title Mask showed only the "${Title}" - so I set it to the same as "TV Title Mask" which is ${Title} - S${SeasonNumber}E${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

Again - I come back to the question above... I am certain that I don't have the "import as sage recordings" set... it seems that I actually found that once and DESELECTED it. However, I'd be more than happy if you could point me in that direction to confirm - I can't find that now... Thanks!!

Last edited by can3gxw; 11-26-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Again - I come back to the question above... I am certain that I don't have the "import as sage recordings" set... it seems that I actually found that once and DESELECTED it. However, I'd be more than happy if you could point me in that direction to confirm - I can't find that now... Thanks!!
I think that if you search for 'import' in the configuration ui, then you'll find the option, and verify if it's set or not.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Sean... just found it (didn't even notice the "search" box.. LOL)

It is NOT checked... I just tried now that I'm home from work, to use the manual SageMC option (edit video info, fanart/metadata) and it did the same thing with a BRAND NEW show.

Could be a bug, maybe in that part of the add-in?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Automatic TV Movie Fanart Downloader for BMI (customized for 'your' TV lineups)

Sean and All:

I finally got a working prototype which automatically downloads all TV movie fanart for the TV lineups available in the sageTV Guide. I could do it for TV shows just as easy. This way, any movie/show people can see in their sageTV TV Guide should already have fanart. This should complete the missing gap in BMI. Even when you get automatic TV movie fanart to work in BMI 4, this still could be a valuable tool since your updated TV movie fanart could already be sitting there ready for you when browsing your TV Guide as soon as your TV lineup gets updated. I've only tested this under Windows/Jetty Webserver/ BMI 3.x. Currently, I need to make the prototype 100% automatic and 100% reliable (although, it seems to work pretty good).

This should be a valuable tool for people who record TV Movies a lot who want to just "set it and forget it"... fanart just gets downloaded for everything in their Guide either Movies or TV or both ahead of time.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
unfortunately, I don't have any advice on how to troubleshoot/fix. Mike, if you are using the commandline, then you can potentially use the "--offline" arg and download fanart for a given movie name..., and they rename that .properties to same name as the original one that was recorded.

ie, if you have a movie recording like, "FindingNemo-30300020.ts", then you could use the --offline (in a separate folder), and do something like...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --offline "Finding Nemo.avi"
That will download the fanart for Finding Nemo and create .properties for Finding Nemo.avi.properties

You can then copy that .properties over to FindingNemo-30300020.ts.properties" and it should contain all the metadata/fanart for Finding Nemo. This is an entirely manual process

I won't be doing any further updates to the 3.x release. I have approx 50 bugs/enhancements, and I will attempt to fix some of them in the 4.x release. The 4.x release is being worked on, slowly, but it will include a new engine for doing lookups, that can better accommodate your issue, and other issues, that i've added to the issue database. I don't know when the 4.x release will be ready, but it won't be in 2009.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Install on a Mac

I notice it says that BMT is multi platform, windows/linux/mac, but I have tried to install on a mac to no avail. does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I would be most appreciative! Thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

@mkanet I'm not certain I'll use your addition, but could you post it so we have the option if we want?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Sure, that was my intention. However, the more interest I get, the more motivated I'll have to add options such as limiting the updates to specific generas for movies or TV, automatic scheduling, etc.

In it's current shoe-string and gum state, I'm surprised it works as well as it does. There are a couple of parts which I still need to automate.

I'm also working on a completely different sageMC addon (which will be my first contribution). I hope to release it sometime this week; and, the TV Movie Fanart downloader following that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
@mkanet I'm not certain I'll use your addition, but could you post it so we have the option if we want?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-27-2009, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by datoney View Post
I notice it says that BMT is multi platform, windows/linux/mac, but I have tried to install on a mac to no avail. does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I would be most appreciative! Thanks
the instructions should be the same... but what are your issues/errors?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage Expert

I have 3.1 and 1.42 of Phoenix installed. The utility seems to be working fine but on a full reindex/scan/etc. no property files are getting created for my recorded TV files. I have been reading this thread for days now looking for a solution. I have noticed that most of my recording titles are really messed up no inside SageTV. Medium (2005) for all of this year's episodes. Exact same description for each one. But each is pointing to a different MPG file.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Sage Expert

Try installing the newer, 1.44 phoenix.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Try installing the newer, 1.44 phoenix.
Where do I find that?

This link is broken referenenced in the install instructions.

And here it looks like the official release. That is 1.42.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Try here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...6&d=1258364503
Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Thank you.

Looks like sagex was not the current version either. I have updated that as well. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Sage Expert

I got more property files but not nearly as many as I should. It seems to be just the more recent files. I know I have read that there is a tool to touch the files so they are recognized as new but I did not think that needed to be done anymore. I thought BMT did that for you. They are working for DVDs in a separate WHS share.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
I got more property files but not nearly as many as I should. It seems to be just the more recent files. I know I have read that there is a tool to touch the files so they are recognized as new but I did not think that needed to be done anymore. I thought BMT did that for you. They are working for DVDs in a separate WHS share.
You could look in the mailcheck.log file and see if there are any errors in that file. Or, if you don't feel comfortable looking through log files, then just email the log file to metadatatools at gmail dot com and i'll look through it when I get a chance. if you send the log file, could you also send me the complete filename of a few media files that are not being scanned.

Also, how are you doing the scan? command line? web ui? automatic scan via plugin?

sometimes, I find using the commandline to be most effective for troubleshooting, because you can fully specify the file on the commandline and then review it's generated property file / log.

commandline would be like...
Code:
C:\SageTV\> java -jar MetadataTools.jar --metadataOnly "Full Path To File.avi"