SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like I found a work around for the "-" issue. Simply removing it works. X-Men to XMen, SG-1 to SG1, etc and the command line finds it.

gabe1475, the command line is just running the java jar. The arguments are not documented anywhere I could find (except the short description in the file itself) but if you download the bat files in the first post, you can get a better feel for what some of the command line arguments are supposed to do.

If you are not familiar with the command line. Here is step by step instructions:

1) Open a command prompt in your SageTV folder (eg C:\program files\SageTV\SageTV is the default one on 32bit systems)

2) The command "java -jar metadatatool.jar" runs the command line tool, but that just lists out the possible arguments. You need to supply arguments for your needs. Again, I would suggest downloading the bat files in the first post.

Last edited by lash; 11-21-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
How do I tell the command line not to strip out the "-"? I'm digging into my massive files directories now and there a bunch of shows that the web UI is missing becaus ethe title requires the "-". I read that the manual import keeps it in, however the command line seems to be stripping it out. Thanks!
Unfortunately, that's a know issue. Eventually, i'll allow an option to never clean the title of special characters, but it's not there yet.

Quote:
Alternatively, is there a way to specify via an argument to use a specific TVDB id?
Not from the commandline.... probably a good thing to add to the list of enhancements. btw, just running bmt with -? should give a list of all the commandline options.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Sage User

Getting a java error when trying to load BMT and Jetty

I am receiving a java error. I have downloaded the new pre-release of sage mc (6.3.9b pre-release 21) and new releases of jetty, phoenix (full package, then updated phoenix.jar to 1.44)

Software version of sage is V6.6.2.218
my phoenix version in sagetv settings does not report, but does show up.

The jetty web server does launch the first time. It complains about not being able to get status for Phoenix.jar and SageTV.

When I go into "SageMC Options" and Choose "Extras", I do see my new menu option "Batch Metadata Tools Options", when i click on this It hangs for a about 20 or 30 seconds then returns a screen with empty boxes (nothing to choose, I think enable or disable should be there, but do not show up).

When I do the above I generate a java error in the background see below:

Sat 11/21 9:26:39.151 [AWT-EventQueue-0@79e304] Catbert Method Lookup Failure forhoenix_api_IsFanartEnabled
Sat 11/21 9:26:39.152 [AWT-EventQueue-0@79e304]
Expression: phoenix_api_IsFanartEnabled() && AiringForBackground != null

I am including my sage.properties file. I am for the time being reverting back to my saved config, but would really like to take advantage of this tool. Any help from this great community would be much appreciated...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sage.zip (31.0 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by lsochia; 11-21-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Need to include files
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

The newest release of SageMC is pre-release 21. It may be that you're a bit behind on that. Also make sure your Java is relatively up to date. Must be at least 1.6 I believe, but I don't remember which update is necessary.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The newest release of SageMC is pre-release 21. It may be that you're a bit behind on that. Also make sure your Java is relatively up to date. Must be at least 1.6 I believe, but I don't remember which update is necessary.
Sorry, I was reading the version wrong it actualy is pre-release 21 and my java version is 1.6 (I corrected myself on my last post)...
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsochia View Post
I am receiving a java error. I have downloaded the new pre-release of sage mc (6.3.9b pre-release 21) and new releases of jetty, phoenix (full package, then updated phoenix.jar to 1.44)

This looks like a jar version mismatch problem.... i would...
shutdown sage,
install bmt 3.1
install sagemc beta
install updated phoenix jar listed with the sagemc beta
start sage
Old 11-21-2009, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Have you tested the following configuration:
- Linux server
- Running placeshifter using the default STV on the Linux machine
- Fanart on a Windows share

When I try this I am unable to select the fanart directory on the SMB share. I can navigate to the directory but after selecting it the UI says I've selected something in the /opt directory and not the SMB://SHARENAME.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Have you tested the following configuration:
- Linux server
- Running placeshifter using the default STV on the Linux machine
- Fanart on a Windows share

When I try this I am unable to select the fanart directory on the SMB share. I can navigate to the directory but after selecting it the UI says I've selected something in the /opt directory and not the SMB://SHARENAME
Unfortunately I haven't. I have a hard time using windows shares from windows or linux boxes... especially with vista, so it's not something that I've actually tried.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage User

Thanks that worked :) just a couple more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This looks like a jar version mismatch problem.... i would...
shutdown sage,
install bmt 3.1
install sagemc beta
install updated phoenix jar listed with the sagemc beta
start sage
This was a Problem with mismatched jar files. Thx that worked perfectly .

Now that I have got past this problem, two more pop up.

Problem 1. I was hoping to have this tool auto download fan art, I am having to manually select (show/episode) and then select fan art from a list, then it downloads to the phoenix fan art directory (I am pretty sure I was reading that this was automatic, right?)

Problem 2. "My Videos" directory. No episodes in this folder have meta info associated with them anymore (the .properties files are there with "Title=", they all look OK.) . I have tried forcing a reindex of sage, I have also removed the directory and re-scanned.

Thanks stuckless and Toricred for your help

Last edited by lsochia; 11-21-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Problem 1. I was hoping to have this tool auto download fan art, I am having to manually select (show/episode) and then select fan art from a list, then it downloads to the phoenix fan art directory I am pretty sure I was reading that this was automatic, right?)
If you want it download fanart when new movies are added to your collection, then you'll need to setup the automatic plugin as well (not enabled by default). I think that sflamm has posted a how to guide, that i've linked to from the the first post of this thread. Check it out and determine if you have the automatic plugin enabled.

Quote:
Problem 2. "My Videos" directory. No episodes in this folder have meta info associated with them anymore (the .properties files are there with "Title=", they all look OK.) . I have tried forcing a reindex of sage, I have also removed the directory and re-scanned.
Are these Sage recordings, or videos in the format "Series S##E##". It's odd that they would not have a title associated with them. perhaps you could post a filename, and I'll give it a try.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Sage User

No Information for show episode

since upgrading sagemc and batch metadata tools with jetty server. I am not getting any show information, the screen is blank (screen has general menu options and a play button). If I use my extender (HD200) the screen shows up with the show information for the episode I selected. This is only occurring in the "My Videos" area (on the server).

These are videos in the format : "Series S##E##". Sage recordings are working fine.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Supplementing BMI to handle sageTV movie recordings

Sean (or anyone), I'm trying to figure out a clever workaround to BMI not being able to handle fanart for sageTV recorded movies. I first thought I could find a workaround via BMI commandline, but then I realized that BMI is broken at the command line too for this.

Since this isn't a relatively minor issue (affecting all BMI users who record movies on TV), I thought maybe I could come up with a different approach to handling the issue for the time being...

I'm wondering if theres a web resource to download a list of movie names (comma/space-delimited) which can be converted to large list of fake movie filenames. BMI would then be able to process these easily in a temporary video imports folder.. producing fanart that works for both video imports and future TV recordings. Or even easier, download from a web resource that has a bunch of newsgroup-style moviename.nfo filenames which the extensions can be renamed to a video format which would also make a bunch of fake videos.

Ideally, if there was a way for me to get just get a list of all the upcoming movies from my zap2it lineups each time my guide gets updated in a simple text file, I could get my fanart with my linup updates.. not needing to download on-the-fly for each new show.

If someone has an easier/another way to get BMI to automatically download movie fanart (as opposed to downloading someone else's fanart collection), I would really appreciate the help. It seems like I get the best help via PMs, but since this looks like it could be useful to many people, I thought it would be best to post here.

Thanks in advance for the quick responses!

-Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
since upgrading sagemc and batch metadata tools with jetty server. I am not getting any show information, the screen is blank (screen has general menu options and a play button). If I use my extender (HD200) the screen shows up with the show information for the episode I selected. This is only occurring in the "My Videos" area (on the server).
unfortunately, I don't have any advice on how to troubleshoot/fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
If someone has an easier/another way to get BMI to automatically download movie fanart (as opposed to downloading someone else's fanart collection), I would really appreciate the help
Mike, if you are using the commandline, then you can potentially use the "--offline" arg and download fanart for a given movie name..., and they rename that .properties to same name as the original one that was recorded.

ie, if you have a movie recording like, "FindingNemo-30300020.ts", then you could use the --offline (in a separate folder), and do something like...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --offline "Finding Nemo.avi"
That will download the fanart for Finding Nemo and create .properties for Finding Nemo.avi.properties

You can then copy that .properties over to FindingNemo-30300020.ts.properties" and it should contain all the metadata/fanart for Finding Nemo. This is an entirely manual process

I won't be doing any further updates to the 3.x release. I have approx 50 bugs/enhancements, and I will attempt to fix some of them in the 4.x release. The 4.x release is being worked on, slowly, but it will include a new engine for doing lookups, that can better accommodate your issue, and other issues, that i've added to the issue database. I don't know when the 4.x release will be ready, but it won't be in 2009.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Sean, this can be turned into a completely automated process; even with my limited scripting ability. However, I would still need a big list of hollywood movie names in a text file. If anyone knows a way to get a gigantic list of movie names somehow, I'll just run the below commandline against the list.

Code:
EDIT: Found a promising list of movies... http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/dvdlist.htm

If I can do this, it would certainly avoid the problem. I'm hesitant to call it "my problem" since it doesnt just affect me. However, I'm the only one looking for a solution for it

Thanks for the tip Sean and good luck with BMI 4.x!

-Michael

Quote:
unfortunately, I don't have any advice on how to troubleshoot/fix.

Mike, if you are using the commandline, then you can potentially use the "--offline" arg and download fanart for a given movie name..., and they rename that .properties to same name as the original one that was recorded.

ie, if you have a movie recording like, "FindingNemo-30300020.ts", then you could use the --offline (in a separate folder), and do something like...
Code:
That will download the fanart for Finding Nemo and create .properties for Finding Nemo.avi.properties

You can then copy that .properties over to FindingNemo-30300020.ts.properties" and it should contain all the metadata/fanart for Finding Nemo. This is an entirely manual process

I won't be doing any further updates to the 3.x release. I have approx 50 bugs/enhancements, and I will attempt to fix some of them in the 4.x release. The 4.x release is being worked on, slowly, but it will include a new engine for doing lookups, that can better accommodate your issue, and other issues, that i've added to the issue database. I don't know when the 4.x release will be ready, but it won't be in 2009.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Sean,

Slightly related to BMT, but mostly my fault: I was screwing around with BMT and I scanned all of my Sage Recordings which had the unintended result of touching all of their modified dates This has, unfortunately, completely screwed up Sage which now thinks all of my recordings are thousands of hours long. Do you have any sneaky way to recover from this or am I on my own

-EP
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hey Sean,

Slightly related to BMT, but mostly my fault: I was screwing around with BMT and I scanned all of my Sage Recordings which had the unintended result of touching all of their modified dates This has, unfortunately, completely screwed up Sage which now thinks all of my recordings are thousands of hours long. Do you have any sneaky way to recover from this or am I on my own

-EP
I wish I had better news.... but, unfortunately, i don't have an undo feature I thinking that I should add an option to disable the "touching" of files, especially if it can have such an impact on sage. I didn't realize that sagetv used the last modified date.

If you still have the correct metadata (especially date/time of the recording), then you may be able to use the sage scripting framework and set the File.setLastModified(long) java call to be a calculated value based on the recording date/time.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Just an uninformed thought here. Would it be possible to touch the files by just adding 1 millisecond to the existing file timestamp?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Just an uninformed thought here. Would it be possible to touch the files by just adding 1 millisecond to the existing file timestamp
That's good idea... i've updated the issue to reflect the idea.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I wish I had better news.... but, unfortunately, i don't have an undo feature I thinking that I should add an option to disable the "touching" of files, especially if it can have such an impact on sage. I didn't realize that sagetv used the last modified date.

If you still have the correct metadata (especially date/time of the recording), then you may be able to use the sage scripting framework and set the File.setLastModified(long) java call to be a calculated value based on the recording date/time.
No worries, I was just wondering if you'd done the same thing at some point and already came up with a fix

Sage Scripting Framework is a good idea, I can try and use that plus the actual duration of the video from SageTVTranscoder to generate a new timestamp. That'll fix some problems that occasionally come up in commercial cutting as well.

Edit: All fixed, I realized that the created times hadn't been affected so I just wrote a quick script that did
Quote:
Modified = Created + Video Duration
and it fixed everything.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-24-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that I'm generating mailcheck.log files with entries:
Quote:
Missing Configuration File: D:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
How do I stop this?

Last edited by sflamm; 11-25-2009 at 04:06 AM.