SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Sage User

Awesome! It works perfectly now!

Already have 500 movies done. This beats the hell out of doing them one by one in DVD profiler.

Now, if only sage would support stacking.... I'm in the middle of re-joining all my multipart movies. I used to play them back off CD on my liteon dvd player (first Divx player...yeah.. you remember that), but know that I've gone with an HTPC it's been less important.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, any thoughts on adding http://www.themoviedb.org/ as a source for fanart and posters?

B
Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Funny, I was looking at that site today because of Brent's earlier post. But I didn't notice at that time, that they have an API. I'll take a closer look. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know, I clicked on the word Api on the landing page.. http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/docs/

B
Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Is anyone using Vista 64 and this application?

I have not been able to get Vista 64 to run a Java instruction from a commandline.

David
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

unfortunatly, I don't personally have a 64bit Vista to test with, but I can't think of why it would make a difference? If you post your errors, maybe myself or someone else could better help.

Cans you run
Code:
java -version
from the command line? If not, then java is probably not in your classpath.

If you can, them make sure you are running at least java 5 (1.5)

When you run the application, you should be in the same directory as the .jar that you are trying to run.

What error do you get, when you run
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Sage User

I Think there's an easy way for stuckless to integrate higher quality covers. Currently the images retrieved from imdb are smaller resolution thumbnails of a higher res source that is easily retrievable by modifying the image url. for example for the movie: 1492 Conquest of Paradise, the image url is:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...X93_SY140_.jpg

the end "_sx93_sy140_" of the filename is the resolution, in this case width = 93 and height = 140. Simply substitute height and width for an arbitrarily large number and the largest photo version will be sent (the original source photo). Lets use 10000 as the arbitrarily large number:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...0_SY10000_.jpg

and you will get the original cover pic instead of the thumbnail.

This might be a quick work around

P.S. the larger image is blocked by certain referrers it seems, but if you copy and paste the url into a clean browser window's address bar it seems to work. I wonder if this would be blocked by the metadataTool crawler?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

If I open a Dos box and enter:-

java -version

I get the following message:-

java version "1.6.0_11"
java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0b16, mixed mode)

When (whilst in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\JARs\ folder) I enter:-

java -jar MetadataTool.jar

I get the following message:-

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at MetadataTool.main(MetadataTool.java:75)

I hope this helps and thanks for the help.

David
Old 12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

in the same directory as the MetadataTool.jar, there should be a .log file. Send that to me as well... "NullPointerException" usually indicates a programmer error (ie, I missed something )

one more thing.... this is a stand alone tool... you don't need to (nor should you) extract this in the JARs folder. You should create a separate directory, somewhere separate from Sage, and extract and run it from there.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to say tnx for this great tool

i was just looking for something like this and people pointed me to this thread. i got all of my files done in about 30 min

just wondering all the files in the cache folder, are they required there or can i deleted them once i was done with the imports

tnx again on the great work
Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just wanted to say tnx for this great tool...
Thanks! Glad it worked out for you.

Quote:
just wondering all the files in the cache folder, are they required there or can i deleted them once i was done with the imports
Actually the cache folder is not required, once the application is done. The cache is valid for 24hrs, so if you re-run the tool on a given file, within that period, then it will use the cache. Unfortunately the tools doesn't ever clean the cache, so it's probably a good idea to clean it out from time to time.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Sage Icon

stuckless, I have been trying to troubleshoot the FanArt issues with movies not displaying properly and I did find an issue with .properties files that I created with the batch importer. It appears that in every .properties file, there is an extra space appended to the end of the Title Property. So, when that happens, the Title that Sage saves into the db has that space in it, and the filename of the fanArt does not match.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Ace Ventura When Nature Calls.avi.properties.txt (2.5 KB, 218 views)

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks jack, i'll fix that in the next release.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release 1.10

There's a new release. I've fixed the whitespace at the end of the title and I've quickly added a metadata provider for themoviedb.com.

This new provider doesn't need to do any screen scraping, since I've registered for an api_key for this project. It also has better cover art than imdb (higher res).

I consider this plugin to be beta, so try it out, and let me know how it goes. After bcjenkins noted that themoviedb.com had an api, i decided to give it a quick try today. It was an easy integration. I ran it against about 40 movies, and I had fairly good results. I would say that the IMDB provider has a better hit rate, but this seemed pretty good.

If you want to use this provider, then use the following command line
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=themoviedb.com
if you want to convert a bunch of movies from the imdb provider to this one...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=themoviedb.com --force --forceThumbnail MOVIE_DIR
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

What's the difference, visually, using either IMDB or themoviedb? Can you post screenshots of the same movie using both sources?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There's a new release. I've fixed the whitespace at the end of the title and I've quickly added a metadata provider for themoviedb.com.

This new provider doesn't need to do any screen scraping, since I've registered for an api_key for this project. It also has better cover art than imdb (higher res).

I consider this plugin to be beta, so try it out, and let me know how it goes. After bcjenkins noted that themoviedb.com had an api, i decided to give it a quick try today. It was an easy integration. I ran it against about 40 movies, and I had fairly good results. I would say that the IMDB provider has a better hit rate, but this seemed pretty good.

If you want to use this provider, then use the following command line
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=themoviedb.com
if you want to convert a bunch of movies from the imdb provider to this one...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=themoviedb.com --force --forceThumbnail MOVIE_DIR
So maybe this could also be used to download fanart since you're using the api? It should be easy to drop the background.jpg in each movie folder. Maybe a little more difficult to drop it in the central fanart folder? Just thinking outloud here.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release 1.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCAT View Post
I Think there's an easy way for stuckless to integrate higher quality covers. Currently the images retrieved from imdb are smaller resolution thumbnails of a higher res source that is easily retrievable by modifying the image url. for example...
I actually didn't see this posting until about an hour ago So I decided to give it a try, and it works.

Sorry for the back to back releases, but I also had to release a new build because IMDB search results broke for me tonight. The change was small, but when you are screen scraping... even small changes will break stuff.

As for the higher res IMDB images. You can either set the following property in your metadata.properties or pass it on the command line.
Code:
/imdb/forcedIMDBImageSize=SOME_LARGE_NUMBER
If you pass it on the command line, it would look like this...
Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar --setProperty=/imdb/forcedIMDBImageSize:1920 MOVIE_FILE
I have no idea what the long term effect of this property will have, but for now, it does seem to work. I ran it against 40+ movies, and it did fetch better cover art, but still not nearly as good as themoviedb.com.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
What's the difference, visually, using either IMDB or themoviedb? Can you post screenshots of the same movie using both sources?
In my oppinion the advantage of themoviedb.com is not really the better images, it's the fact that the integration to their site is using a documented API, instead of the screen scraping, as is done with imdb.

Currently, the 2 most stable providers are DVDProfiler (local) and now themoviedb.com.

I won't post a screen comparison, mainly because it's too much work for me

If you are happy with the quality of your images, and the stability of the imdb provider, then I would stick with it.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
So maybe this could also be used to download fanart since you're using the api? It should be easy to drop the background.jpg in each movie folder. Maybe a little more difficult to drop it in the central fanart folder? Just thinking outloud here.

Gerry
Gerry, I agree it wouldn't be too much effort, and I'm currently looking into providing additional cover art functionality and providers, so mabe at some point i'll look into backgrounds.

It sounds, from your comment, that backgrounds only work for movies that are in a folder. It's too bad it couldn't also work for movies that are not in individual folders. I typically don't create a new folder each movie. (but maybe I'm just misunderstanding how backgrounds work)
Old 12-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I won't post a screen comparison, mainly because it's too much work for me

If you are happy with the quality of your images, and the stability of the imdb provider, then I would stick with it.
It was just request.

I'm not using this utility yet, I'm trying to find out the differences so I can decide. Currently I'm only using the IMDB search import to look up TV and individual files but I have a bunch of movies to import.

Quote:
I typically don't create a new folder each movie.
Me either, should I? I've further made my task harder by appending the year of the release to the file name (name - year.ext format) so I'll probably have to rename all of my files. I guess I could make folders while I'm at it, if need be.