SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage User

HD100 Control of Audio Out

Hi All,

I find that the resolution (i.e. the number of step) in the audio control of the HD extender to be rather limited. It seems there is only about 10 steps between 0 volume and max.

I have resorted to leaving it roughly in the middle and using the TV volume control instead.

Can i either:
A)- Configure the HD extender to provide more resolution (i.e. smaller steps)?

or

B)- Set the audio output to a fixed value and just use the TV remote?

Optons A is much preferred ofcourse.

By the way can i the HD extender remote be programmed in any way to turn the TV on/off and select source on the TV? Sony 51" DLP TV.

Extender is conencted to TV via HDMI.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Here's what you do:

Paste the following the the extenders ".properties" file (make sure the extender is at least in standby):

videoframe/volume_step=2

The number 2 represents the percentage of full volume in each step. (ie. If the number was 5 there would be 20 steps.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Sage User

Worked

Idavis,

Seems like that worked, i pasted it into "RemoteClients.properties.defaults" file and restarted the extender, steps are much smaller now.

Does each extender have it's own file?? I can't see where a file for a particular extender woudl be, but i have only 1.

ANy way to make the Extender remote switch the TV On/Off?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if changing that file would make any difference. The files you are looking for are in the subdirectory C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Clients. Each extender has a seperate properties file. The file name is the MAC address of the extender
Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRic View Post
i pasted it into "RemoteClients.properties.defaults" file
BTW: The .defaults file will get overwritten during every installation, so you shouldn't customize that file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Sage User

I went with a "better" remote

What I did was to purchase a Sony RM-VL600 programmable remote controller at Amazon, less that $20. I programmed it to control the HD extender but in the case of volume buttons it controls the TV volume, I leave the volume control of the extender all the way up.

This eliminated the difference in volume problem I had after leaving the extender. I also programmed buttons on the remote to turn on/off the TV and switch TV sources.

I love this remote, inexpensive, great quality "feel", and looks great!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Does this remote have the HD100 listed as a device or do you have to teach it everything?