SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
So the key is in creating the PC? I'm going to try to replicate my SJQ rules as PCs on Friday. Can it run more than one instance of SA at the same time? If so, how do you throttle it to limit the CPU usage?
Yes, PC are the key.

There isn't a way to throttle CPU directly in DTB, but the process priority is configurable. SA will throttle CPU, but it's use is often counterproductive. If you notice issues when scanning, it's better to use SA's I/O throttling feature and let the OS manage CPU via process priority. If you use BelowNormal or Idle, other processes CPU time will not be impacted by scanning.

If you're using Vista, setting DTB to Idle will also deprioritize I/O.

DTB lets you configure the number of workers (active processes), so depending on your configuration you can have as many instances doing work as you want. 2 is a good number for most, but if you have a quad with a fast disk you can bump it up. The default value is 1.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

filewatcher is running, but my new recordings were not processed. I went into sage and enabled comskip, will this fix the processing issue.
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Yes, PC are the key.

There isn't a way to throttle CPU directly in DTB, but the process priority is configurable. SA will throttle CPU, but it's use is often counterproductive. If you notice issues when scanning, it's better to use SA's I/O throttling feature and let the OS manage CPU via process priority. If you use BelowNormal or Idle, other processes CPU time will not be impacted by scanning.

If you're using Vista, setting DTB to Idle will also deprioritize I/O.

DTB lets you configure the number of workers (active processes), so depending on your configuration you can have as many instances doing work as you want. 2 is a good number for most, but if you have a quad with a fast disk you can bump it up. The default value is 1.
Perfect, the number of workers is actually what I meant by throttling. If I want to have commercials detected, then removed, then compress to mkv, would I want 3 PCs, or 1 PC with 3 Actions? (All these will be on mpg files).
Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I now have the all files PC trying to scan all .mpg files for commercials. I'm trying to do it as live detection. FileWatcher is grabbing the file, but it can't get the metadata (log says it is receiving a 401 error) and then keeps saying it's not a dvrms file so it waits for 30 seconds, this repeats forever as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, when I run the file manually using the GUI for the file it works perfectly.

Last edited by toricred; 08-08-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: More information
Old 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK, I now have the all files PC trying to scan all .mpg files for commercials. I'm trying to do it as live detection. FileWatcher is grabbing the file, but it can't get the metadata (log says it is receiving a 401 error) and then keeps saying it's not a dvrms file so it waits for 30 seconds, this repeats forever as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, when I run the file manually using the GUI for the file it works perfectly.
Did you setup your webserver and enable Sage of the Sage tab in the settings tool?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

I've had the web server set up for Sage for a long time. I had the Web Server box checked, but not the Sage box. I have now done that and it seems to be working very well.

Next I want to set up to Do Nothing on the movie channels. When I try to create a condition using the Channel Number and test the condition it comes back as a failure every time. It also comes back as a failure if the condition is IsSage. Therefore my Sage Files won't do anything. I know I'm getting close to getting this working and I'm really looking forward to it.

After this is working, I want to convert to mkv files. It looks like all the conversions are for dvr-ms only. Is that true?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've had the web server set up for Sage for a long time. I had the Web Server box checked, but not the Sage box. I have now done that and it seems to be working very well.

Next I want to set up to Do Nothing on the movie channels. When I try to create a condition using the Channel Number and test the condition it comes back as a failure every time. It also comes back as a failure if the condition is IsSage. Therefore my Sage Files won't do anything. I know I'm getting close to getting this working and I'm really looking forward to it.

After this is working, I want to convert to mkv files. It looks like all the conversions are for dvr-ms only. Is that true?
Are you using UNC paths? Is the meta data found?

There is an action that will convert to MKV, but it requires you to add the encoder filters to a stub graph. It should work with non-dvrms source files but I haven't validated that.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

i still get the metadata error. when i run the test for sage it says success. im still not getting filewatcher to work

EDIT: NEVERMIND. i am an idiot. the test said success which is not working since my sage server is on a different port. oopss
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware

Last edited by killervette; 08-08-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
i still get the metadata error. when i run the test for sage it says success. im still not getting filewatcher to work

EDIT: NEVERMIND. i am an idiot. the test said success which is not working since my sage server is on a different port. oopss
Cool, thanks for the update.

I setup a forum on my site to deal with issues that are specific to Sage working with DTB, I'd prefer to deal with issues there; it will make it easier for other DTB users to find the answer.

Last edited by babgvant; 08-08-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Are you using UNC paths? Is the meta data found?

There is an action that will convert to MKV, but it requires you to add the encoder filters to a stub graph. It should work with non-dvrms source files but I haven't validated that.
I'm not using UNC paths because I only use extenders and everything (including DTb) is running on the server. How can I tell if the meta data is found?

We must have been typing at the same time. I'll move this to your forum now.

Last edited by toricred; 08-08-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Jere has a version of SA that will scan hdpvr files. Sign up on his site and send him a PM asking to be included in the SAV1 beta if you're interested.

Be warned, SAV1 is still a little rough around the edges.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Seems like Jere is faster then I am
I have the h264 video decoder working, busy with the aac decoder.
Are all h.264 recordings with AAC audio are are there other formats being used?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
I think Jere quit sleeping a while back. Seems he is working 24/7 any more

Quote:
AAC only at the moment, but AC3 will be coming soon once the next HD-PVR driver is released to the public - which should be in the next week or so depending on when Hauppauge gets around to it (they've already missed their first date on this).
Old 08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you've got something you're willing to share let me know and I'll make sure the DTB works with it.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
R5000 recordings from Dish Network have H.264 + AC3 in a transport stream.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Our DVB-T is h.264 with dual audio streams AC3 and HE-AAC.

John