SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

If you've already installed DTB before now make sure you replace sagescan.dpc with this one. If you don't have a PC that matches ts files before the old version it was deleting the ts file.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
cool...im using WHS too. also, can this be scheduled to run over night.? i use the server to stream to extenders among other things.
you can do this (actually this is exactly what I'm doing). However, it is a little more complex because you have to drive everything from a batch file instead of using Babgvant's nice FileWatcher tool. I've attached my batch file that I'm executing at 1:00am. This allows me to have "full speed" on the machine during the hours I'm using it and then at night process all these TS files so I have the commercials marked for the next day's viewing. Of course, you will have to make changes to the batch file to fit your purposes, but hopefully it gives you a template to work from. Also, since I'm not using FileWatcher on the TS files yet, I'm still using ComskipMonitor so I have the commercials marked on the normal MPG file right away. However, you could setup FileWatcher to do this task as well (with DTB now supporting Sage you don't need ComskipMonitor - I just haven't had time to move everything over to DTB (I will soon).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Process all ComSkip Files.zip (576 Bytes, 160 views)
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks jelwood , for someone like me, who's never had any contact with DVRMSToolbox, that batch file makes the whole process much clearer.

John
Old 08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I already have DirMon2 searching for .mpgs and running comskip, so is it safe to assume that as the mpg is creating withthe convert process, dirmon, after a bit, will kick off comskip in sort of an offset parallel processing? tus killing my CPU, but working?

I can't wait to try this... and THANKS for the batch file!!!
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
I already have DirMon2 searching for .mpgs and running comskip, so is it safe to assume that as the mpg is creating withthe convert process, dirmon, after a bit, will kick off comskip in sort of an offset parallel processing? tus killing my CPU, but working?
This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. So, if you look at my batch file, I'm actually writing the mpg file to a directory that Comskip monitor isn't monitoring. The after the mpg file is completed I run comskip against it. Finally, I copy the edl file into the correct directory and clean up the MPG file.

As I said, this isn't a simple process. It's actually simpler to use DTB as Babgvant intended and just use FileWatcher. However, for now, I didn't want these conversions running during the day when I might be using the server for other things.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, im alittle lost. I installed DVRMSToolbox, then i installed the AVIVO codecs. I added the Processing condition fileext=.ts. Now what? how do i start the processing?
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
ok, im alittle lost. I installed DVRMSToolbox, then i installed the AVIVO codecs. I added the Processing condition fileext=.ts. Now what? how do i start the processing?
I am interested in checking this out as well. I found that Andy's Blog has quite a bit of useful information. There is even a link to a User Giude.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

i saw that....i am still not sure its working. I assume it is not dependent on Sage tv running or settings on sage. Its stand alone and should find my .ts files in the watch directory i specify. Filewatcher is running, but nothing is happening.
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

One more question, is this setup suppose to convert .ts files to .mpg files? I found the gui and can convert for commercial scanning and it is changing my .ts to a .mpg. sorry for all the newbie questions. at this rate it will take HOURS to convert one file to mpg.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
One more question, is this setup suppose to convert .ts files to .mpg files? I found the gui and can convert for commercial scanning and it is changing my .ts to a .mpg. sorry for all the newbie questions. at this rate it will take HOURS to convert one file to mpg.
if you want to see if you have the DirectShow stuff working correctly, then yes running the conversion using the DTB GUI is going to be the best way. Just process one of the TS files using the profile "Convert a file for commercial scanning". This is the process that will convert the TS into the MPG that comskip can read.

Also, yes it's slow... I have an AMD X2 4200+ and it is barely faster than real time. Anotherwords, on my system if I convert a 30 minute show it takes roughly 27 minutes to convert. That's why I decided to batch convert these things at night when I'm not using the machine for anything else.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

perfect...it might take a couple days to catch me up and I have a quad core. not sure why filewatcher isnt starting automatically? thanks alot for your help
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
use fileext contains .ts instead, there's a bug with equal and text values (fixed in the next rev).
Old 08-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
perfect...it might take a couple days to catch me up and I have a quad core. not sure why filewatcher isnt starting automatically? thanks alot for your help
the fw "listens" for files to be created in the watched folder. it only processes files when they are created.

if you want to catch up, you'll want to use a bat file with a for %% to process all the files that you have.

cmd line syntax:

dvrmstompeg.exe /if=pathtofile.ts /of=notreallyimportant.mpg /act=convertforscaning
Old 08-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

ahh i see. thanks babgvant
Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

There's a lot of documentation in the wiki - http://babgvant.com/Wiki/view.aspx/DVRMSToolbox
Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

So, by default, this should be able to process live tv files created by the hd pvr?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

I'm interested in what else DTb can do for me. I don't have an HD-PVR at the moment and probably won't for a while, but the possibilities interest me.

I'm currently using Sage Job Queue with SA for my commercial detection. The problem with this is that it will only run one instance at a time. I'm not using DirMon2 because SA is currently doesn't work with the automatic profiles and I've got a couple of channels I don't want to look for commercials on and a couple of shows that need different configurations. Could DTb help me with this if all my files are mpg files and possibly also transcode them to mkv files?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So, by default, this should be able to process live tv files created by the hd pvr?
No, you need to create a processing condition that handles TS files. Set the PC to "Convert a file for commercial scanning". You also need to install AVIVO and have the ArcSoft decoders that come with TMT installed.

Also, make sure you dl the latest sagescan.dpc - http://babgvant.com/downloads/1213/sagescan.zip
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm interested in what else DTb can do for me. I don't have an HD-PVR at the moment and probably won't for a while, but the possibilities interest me.

I'm currently using Sage Job Queue with SA for my commercial detection. The problem with this is that it will only run one instance at a time. I'm not using DirMon2 because SA is currently doesn't work with the automatic profiles and I've got a couple of channels I don't want to look for commercials on and a couple of shows that need different configurations. Could DTb help me with this if all my files are mpg files and possibly also transcode them to mkv files?
DTB can automate almost any process. It uses the files's metadata to decide what process to run on the file.

For e.g. I like to watch The Daily Show on my phone in the morning. So I have a PC that looks for shows where the title contains "The Daily Show", then runs a profile that detects commercials, runs mencoder with args that make it encode to a PPC friendly format and passes the edl file, then moves it to a folder that is monitored by another application for copying to my phone. Once it's setup, all I need to do is plug the phone into my PC in the morning and wait until the show syncs over.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

So the key is in creating the PC? I'm going to try to replicate my SJQ rules as PCs on Friday. Can it run more than one instance of SA at the same time? If so, how do you throttle it to limit the CPU usage?