SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant
The method I talked about will work with some filters but it's highly dependent on IntelligentConnect working, and it won't support resizing unless the encoder does the scaling. So it should work, but it's not a perfect solution.

I'm modifying the action that allows an explicit graph to build in DTB to support non-dvrms files. When it's ready I'll provide everything to make it work (stub, profile, directions), assuming I can get it going with a free set of filters (probably AVIVO). I've got a test file, but I didn't have time to mess over the weekend; hopefully tonight.

1.2.x.x is intended for Vista because one of the features specifically targets the WMC; I'll probably remove this requirement if I replatform on Sage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
This sounds like a great possibility... thank you so much for trying to come up with a working solution. If you need assistance with testing, etc, I can give it a try too...
Ditto. I'm available to test, document or whatever as well. And thanks for your work on this!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
The method I talked about will work with some filters but it's highly dependent on IntelligentConnect working, and it won't support resizing unless the encoder does the scaling. So it should work, but it's not a perfect solution.

I'm modifying the action that allows an explicit graph to build in DTB to support non-dvrms files. When it's ready I'll provide everything to make it work (stub, profile, directions), assuming I can get it going with a free set of filters (probably AVIVO). I've got a test file, but I didn't have time to mess over the weekend; hopefully tonight.

1.2.x.x is intended for Vista because one of the features specifically targets the WMC; I'll probably remove this requirement if I replatform on Sage.

...dude!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

Got it working with AVIVO, but the file writer filter is exclusively locking the file, so it can't be scanned during conversion.

I remember seeing some mpeg encoder and writer filters on my sage box that came with the install so I'm going to give that a go next.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great! and thanks so much in advance for working on this!
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 07-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
Do you downscale the MPEG output? Comskip would only need 320x200 to do its job
erik, how important is the audio stream to comskip? I'm asking because I have this almost working with a modified version of ffmpeg. However, I'm having a difficult time getting good Audio/Video sync. As a result the audio stream gradually gets farther and farther behind the video stream. Of course, I could just convert the video, but I'm not sure how accurate the commercial detection would be without the audio stream. I might try modifying Mencoder and see if it can compensate for the AV sync a little better.

For your general knowledge, Comskip can read the ffmpeg output file as it's being created. I haven't tried having ffmpeg read the .ts file as Sage creates it, but since you mentioned this was a problem, I decided to save this for last (I just need to get a show to convert first).
Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
However, I'm having a difficult time getting good Audio/Video sync.
Have you tried adding -async 1 to the ffmpeg command line?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Have you tried adding -async 1 to the ffmpeg command line?
Yea, I tried that, along with all the other options I could think of. If you would like to play around with it, below is a download link to my build of ffmpeg (this at least reads the x264 stream correctly).
http://home.mchsi.com/~jelwood/ffmpeg.zip

It looks like the faad library is throwing errors on the audio stream so I'm sure that is what's causing the AV sync issues.

Below is the command line that gave me minor success.

ffmpeg -benchmark -y -threads 2 -i "inputfilename.ts" -s 320x240 -copyts -vcodec mpeg2video -b 256k -acodec mp2 -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 64k "outputfilename.mpg"
Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
erik, how important is the audio stream to comskip?
It depends.
In general it is very important for not getting false cuts.
Without audio (that is correctly aligned audio) it may only deliver acceptable results on some USA channels.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey folks... How is development coming?
DEFAULT STV
BMI fanart
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Jelwood got it working with the development build of DVRMSToolbox using AVIVO, ArcSoft, and MpgDump filters. It is very CPU intensive though...

I hope to make it all public this weekend, or maybe next week sometime.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Care to guess what kind of CPU is going to be required? Are we talking Quad Core only CPU intensive or do you think most dual core machines will be able to handle it?

I think it is safe to say that my 600Mhz Duron machine is out (yes I have one and yes we still use it).
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

It's avaliable - http://babgvant.com/blogs/andyvt/arc...c-release.aspx

To make it work you will need:
- AVIVO (there are other options, but this is the way it's setup OOTB)
- ArcSoft
- Create a Processing Condition that runs "convertforscaning" on the .ts file (triggering off of the fileext is probably the best way)

I think/hope a dual core should be enough for one stream, but my HD-PVR hasn't gotten here yet (later today ) so I can't say for sure. If the box can't handle live convert/scan DTB is configured OOTB to delay processing until recording is done.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Forgive me if this is stupid, is AVIVO only for ATI cards and not nvidia?
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for your efforts! unfortunately, I am at a bit of a loss...

I downloaded AVIVO, have Arcosft, and downloaded the DVRMSTool. What to do next. I notice previously in the thread discussions of needed to set up a graph file, but I wanted to understand what needed to be done to test this out. Thanks for your help!
DEFAULT STV
BMI fanart
Old 08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
Forgive me if this is stupid, is AVIVO only for ATI cards and not nvidia?
When you try to install it checks for the VC. After it fails (if you don't have an ATI card) drill into the folder that it extracted itself to and find the AVIVO.msi
(C:\ATI\SUPPORT\8-1_xp_xcode_57717\AVIVO) and run that.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

will this work on Server 2003?
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckwell View Post
Thanks for your efforts! unfortunately, I am at a bit of a loss...

I downloaded AVIVO, have Arcosft, and downloaded the DVRMSTool. What to do next. I notice previously in the thread discussions of needed to set up a graph file, but I wanted to understand what needed to be done to test this out. Thanks for your help!
You don't need to build the graph anymore.

Open the Processing Conditions Editor, create a new Processing Condition that evaluates FileExt = .ts, set it to run convertforscanning, then set that PC above Every Sage File.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
will this work on Server 2003?
It should. Jelwood is running it on WHS, which is based on w2k3 SBS.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
It should. Jelwood is running it on WHS, which is based on w2k3 SBS.
Yes, it should work on Windows 2003 server. As Babgvant said, I'm running it with WHS. Also, it is VERY CPU intensive, so you can really only detect the commercials on one stream at a time. However, I do have this working with an AMD X2 4200+.

Also, I saw questions about the AVIVO codecs. If you don't have an ATI card the installation is a little more difficult (follow babgvant's instructions), however, the AVIVO codecs do work even if you don't have an ATI card (I'm running them with a NVIDIA).

Good luck, it's really nice to have commercial skip working with the HD-PVR files.

Thanks Babgvant for creating this!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

cool...im using WHS too. also, can this be scheduled to run over night.? i use the server to stream to extenders among other things.