SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Sage User

Unhappy PVR350 Help Please!!!

Something went boom after I installed the Sage 2.0 beta.
I have since been losing hair trying to get my PVR350 to display
anything but color bars.

Went back to Sage 1.4, Removed and reinstalled several PVR drivers a million times, with what seems like infinite possible methods. No joy.

WinTV dosen't work. In fact it won't even load now. I get an error "WinTV initalization error. hTV=0" Before that I would get a black display on the monitor, and it auto tuned channels normally.

I don't see the Intervideo codec in the Detailed Setup->Video->Videdecoder dropdown. Only Default is available.

Sage sees the PVR during setup, and driver (current 1.8 from shs) looks normal in device driver. If I attempt to view live TV or playback from the library, I get audio, but no video. I get the error "There was a MPEG-2 video error in playback. Details: Failed connecting video stream to the overlay mixer. ErrCode = 0X80040217".

If I attempt to playback an .MPG in mediaplayer, it attempts to download a codec, and then fails to find one.

What role does the "MPEG software decoders" from the Happauge install set play in this? It seems to load without error, but does not show up in Add/Remove software.

Running XPpro, 3.0P4, ATI9500 Pro, PVR350

I really need to get this working. Pleeze help!

Any questions, ask away.

Tony
Old 02-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Sage Icon

When you reinstall are you doing just the drivers or all of Hauppauge software?
Are you using the driver install instructions from the SHS web site?
Which drivers are you trying to install?

The root of the problem probably is related to the "MPEG software decoders" not showing up in the Add/Remove software.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by carlgar
When you reinstall are you doing just the drivers or all of Hauppauge software?
Using the instructions on SHS site. Performing the modified install they provide, which installs soft decoders, WinTV, WinTVFM, Scheduler & IR stuff. All install without errors.

Quote:
Are you using the driver install instructions from the SHS web site?
Which drivers are you trying to install??
Yes. Downloaded CDimage of 1.8 from SHS.

Quote:
The root of the problem probably is related to the "MPEG software decoders" not showing up in the Add/Remove software.
I'm thinking this also. I just don't know what else to do...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Sage Icon

Just saw this on the HAuppauge Web site in the FAQ:
"WinTV Initialization Error.hTV=10" when trying to open the WinTV program.
This error will only come up if the VFW drivers have been installed on the system. For example, if you had a different model WinTV installed that requires VFW drivers and installed the PVR 250/350 software over it, you may get this error. You may also get this error if you have downloaded and installed the PVR PCI updated drivers mistakenly.

The WinTV PVR 250/350 DOES NOT USE VFW drivers. To correct this error, run the PVR48xxx.exe file from the PVR folder on the WinTV PVR 250/350 installation CD. The latest versions are available here.

Also, if this error is seen during the driver installation procedure, try reseating or moving the WinTV board into another PCI slot(s), making sure that it is firmly in place.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Sage User

Ran PVR48xxx.exe file. Got rid of the error starting WinTV. Now I am back to a black screen on the WinTV display and a matching black screen on the PVR output. All channels are black, even though tuning appeared to occur normally. I rescanned afterwards as well just for giggles.

No effect on Mediaplayer error or Sage playback/live TV error.

Keep them coming...
Old 02-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Sage Icon

Have you tried just reinstalling the "InterVideo FilterSDK for Hauppauge"?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Sage User

Yes. Install reports as successful, but does not show up anywhere (add/remove, Sage, etc).
Old 02-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Sage Icon

You might want to try moving the card to a different slot, this may cause the OS to treat this as new hardware. This may clean out any old registry settings that may still be around.
Good luck
Old 02-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Sage User

I'll try it yet again. At this point I'm considering moving it to another machine just to try and rule out hardware failure of the card.

I wish I had a detailed list of registry changes and regged files.

I wish I knew exactly what the "software MPEG drivers" actually do.

Meanwhile, I'm still open to all suggestions

Tony
Old 02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Sage User

I'll try it yet again. At this point I'm considering moving it to another machine just to try and rule out hardware failure of the card.

Tony
Old 02-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally posted by TTT

Tony
I hate to say it, but that would be the next thing I would do. Move it to a machine that has never had the card installed (or the software / drivers) and find out if the card itself is working. If it is, and you happen to be running WinXP, I would recommend restoring to a previous point where the driver did work.

If you're not running WinXP, and you have a spare hard drive laying around, you might replace your boot drive, install a fresh version of windows and try loading the card. If it works, then at least you know one possible (although drastic) resolution.

Sorry to be the guy that says "reinstall", though, I'm also the guy that has an image of his sagetv machine's OS so he doesn't have to reinstall. HEHEH

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney