SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

For those of you who have Vista Aero capabilities...

Some of you might know there's a pretty cool hidden feature to enable Vista Aero glass effects on SageTV's window. Instead, by default, people have no choice but to use a very generic fake XP titlebar; regardless of their OS's capabilities. Like so...

Yucky:

This is what your title bar can look like with a Vista Aero Glass enabled Titlebar:

Those of you who already know about this feature, also know that it's not really useable unless you plan on only watching TV in a window. The bug that makes this feature unusable is when you enable it (by adding ui/window_title_style=10 to the properties file), full screen mode no longer works correctly.

It appears that SageTV development and Support aren't too motivated about fixing this problem right away; even after months of repeated requests to SageTV support. Anyway, this is my solution until it's fixed by sageTV...

My solution:

By adding the "cmdow" command (in the following link) to your Windows folder http://www.commandline.co.uk/cmdow/#examples

and...

Executing the below script in a batch file by Girder when you press your remote control (instead of the sendmessage command for fullscreen toggle)

Code:
@echo off
for /f "tokens=10,11" %%a in ('"cmdow SageTV /p"') do ( set "WIDTH=%%a" & set "HEIGHT=%%b"
)

if %WIDTH%==982 (GOTO BIGWINDOW

) ELSE (

GOTO SMALLWINDOW
)

:BIGWINDOW
cmdow SageTV /MOV -17 -37 /SIZ 1953 1139
GOTO END

:SMALLWINDOW
cmdow SageTV /MOV 949 459 /SIZ 982 593
GOTO END

:END
You have yourself a correctly working fullscreen toggle. These values are set for a 1080p display which switches to a window that fits into the bottom right quadrant of your screen. You can change these values to suit your needs.

This tweak also always remember's your window size and position even if you accidentally (or purposefully) move your window.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-27-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Oh very cool mkanet Thanks!

I have got to try this when I get home.