SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 support

I suppose, SageTV does not support Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 as yet.

Are there any plans to support this device in the future?

Thanks
Frank
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I've been using one since it came out.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Which version of SageTV are you running?
I am on version 6 but several subversions behind.

Thanks
Frank
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage only supports the HD-PVR in the lastest beta version.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just got the STX-100 and hooked up. Plays everything except the .ts HD files from the HD-PVR. The beta sagetv plays them. I don't have a high speed net connection at the moment. Do I need to take the STX-100 to someones house and download a beta firmware to it, in order to play the HD-PVR files? If so, any special trick to getting the beta?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, you will need to update the STX-100 to the latest beta firmware. You will want a high speed connection to do this and it will still take 15-20 minutes or so. Get to the firmware update screen and enter 2382 from the STX-100 remote to enable access to beta firmware.

S
Old 06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. Took it over and put the beta on it, and the files play great now.

Is there any plan to make the HD-PVR a "live input" like it is (channel 1) on the sagetv computer app? I'd like to be able to pvr that input without having to go back to the computer and using arcsoft.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure what you mean. It should work just like any other Sage tuner record for later or watch live TV thru it.

S
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. It should work just like any other Sage tuner record for later or watch live TV thru it.

S
On the sagetv computer app it does, but on the hd extender, it only lists the Hauppauge usb hd tuner stick, no hd-pvr listed. Clicked add , and its not showing up at all. The beta will play the files it records, but haven't figured out how to get it to display live tv yet.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenlr View Post
On the sagetv computer app it does, but on the hd extender, it only lists the Hauppauge usb hd tuner stick, no hd-pvr listed. Clicked add , and its not showing up at all. The beta will play the files it records, but haven't figured out how to get it to display live tv yet.
If you have the HD-PVR set up properly on your SageTV serverPC it should output live TV to the server PC as well as liveTV on the HD100 extender. There is no "adding a tuner" on the extender as it is just extending the interface from the server to the extender.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenlr View Post
Well, it probably won't be listed on the HD extender until you load the latest STV, if you've installed any customizations you'll have to manually change back to SageTV_3.xml.

But as others noted, you only set it up once, and then it's available everywhere.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I'm new at this. I don't know what an STV is. I loaded the current beta on the server, added the HD-PVR which shows up on channel 1 of the live tv. I downloaded the latest beta to the hd media extender last night. It doesn't show the "channel 1" on the live tv tuner, or show up in the list of tuners. I'd be glad to try importing or downloading this STV if you could point me to a faq or instructions on how to do this. Thanks

EDIT: went back and checked the server program, and the hd-pvr was missing there. Must have started it while the hd-pvr was off. Restarted the server, and its now available on both server and extender. The resolution on the extender is downres'd tho, will have to see why.

Last edited by davenlr; 06-21-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you just need a trip to "Instruction Manual" land and you'll be just fine.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Read the manual, and got everything running ok. I have a Pansat Satellite (FTA) hooked to the HD-PVR. Usually its sitting on PBS-HD, so Incorporated the guide data for a pbs digital in another state which simulcasts the sat channel.. Can select shows,and sage records.

Now, how can I get sage to change channels on the HD-PVR (which is hooked via ir blaster to sat receiver), and add 20 or 30 stations, all from different cities to it? I only see option for local cable and a few pay sat services. Is there a way to download a master list of guide data available from zap2it and manually enter that into sage? Or do I just ADD channel, and enter the call letters of the station, even though its not in the city I'm downloading data for?