SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

dynamic menus messed up google youtube etc. help!

Hi,

I am making a new server for when I move, I installed sage 6.4.4 beta, nielms dynamic menus, imdb, nielms weather suite, activated 5309.. and when I tried to import dynamic menus, it said menu.xml was not there.... I copied it from my old server, and then it worked...sort of. Imported the remaining stvi's all of the others worked, but google and youtube do not work at all, when you click on them it comes up error, llike no sub menus.

Oh, and of course the imdb doesnt work anymore.. but thats a imdb website change issue.

Now.. I noticed that the impport for dynamic menus has an xml that says default menu, that I installed.. but it said menu was not there, so I copied the menu.xml ( not default menu) from my old server and new server looked just like the old server, all changes copied over...

So.. what did I do wrong? Why didnt the dynamic menus work off the bat?

any ideas how to get google youtubeback working?

I know.. reinstall everything.. but why didnt dynamic menus work the first time? if it didnt work then, it wont work now unless I know why..

help please
Old 06-16-2008, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Dynamic menus have not been released for the Beta... Nielm usually waits until the official release before releasing updated menus. If you are using Dynamic menus you should load the menu default_menu_V6_3.xml and customize from there.

You will not have the new file browser and maybe some other things will not work.