SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Sage User

DirectX error and Tuner Stopped Sending Data

When I fired up my projector to resolve my multi-monitor issue (different thread), I found an error message telling me that my tuner card had stopped producing data. Is this an issue with a known cause/solution? I admit that I haven't updated to the latest drivers for my two 250 tuner cards, so I'll make sure to do that tonight.

I rebooted to fix my monitor resolution problem, SageTV fired up, and video wouldn't play well in LiveTV. It would freeze on a single frame. I would change channels, and get a blank screen or another frozen frame. Then I could get a good picture, but not on all channels; some were still black. I started getting a DirectX error involving time control. I'm using the Intervideo decoder and default interlace.

I closed and restarted Sage, and things seemed to be working fine. I'll let it run, and check it later when I update the drivers.

Parting question: Is it possible to switch tuners when watching live TV? I'd like to check function and picture quality. I could always record two shows simultaneously, but if there's a simple toggle button, that would be easiest.

Thanks,

--Mike
Old 01-31-2004, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

If you get the error again could you post it, it's a little hard to tell exactly what it was, so I can't really give you any better advice than you already gave yourself (update drivers).

About tuners, Sage pretty takes care of that for you, not much you can do. In 2.0 you should be able to select a distinct card in the capture color settings.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:49 PM
Sage User

This thread lists a similar error (at least the "There was a problem with time control in DirectShow" part), except mine was Error 0x80004001.

I'll post exact verbage of the tuner stopped sending data error if I see it again.

Thanks,

--Mike
Old 02-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Great, just great...

I got the error again, this morning. Stuttering playback was in foreground, and when I switched applications, the error came to the fore.

I closed the error window, closed Sage, which did not die gracefully; I had to kill the process...which didn't kill it.

At this point, I started downloading the latest drivers from Hauppauge. Half way through, the machine rebooted due to a hardware driver error (a-ha!).

I ran the driver removal application, installed the new drivers, new WinPVR software and decoders.

Sage isn't finding any tuners.

I'd like to say I'm having fun, but I'm not.

Thanks for putting up with my grumbling...

--Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (34.2 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by Llamas; 02-01-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a entry in your properties files:
mmc/ignore_encoders=

Your tuner cards have probably ended up in there. Get rid of your tuner card entry there and Sage will find your cards.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage User

I did another round of uninstalls and installs of the Hauppage software, and finally SageTV. No change.

Then I saw your post.

Both tuners were on the ignore line. I removed them, and restarted SageTV. They're back. Thanks!

Of course, now that I've messed with switching back and forth between tuners (a scheduled show started to record, and changing from that show to another channel would change tuners), I found that one tuner is screwed up, exhibiting the same issues talked about, and pictured, in this thread.

Now to find the work-around Carlgar mentions in the above thread.

edit: Found it. Now to try it.

edit again: The work-around works. Now to see if the whole setup is stable.

--Mike

Last edited by Llamas; 02-01-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Sage User

I thought I'd close out this thread with a follow-up.

The install was stable after the driver update. The work-around for the video corruption on one of the tuners was necessary after each reboot, however.

I say was because I've built a new HTPC, and shifted parts from the old one to my wife's desktop machine. The new machine is running the beta.

--Mike