SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Sage User

Switching Servers

Hi,

The only way I've found to change the server an extender is using is to cut power to the extender and let it reboot. A menu then lets the user select a server. Is there any other way? Either using the default STV or a custom one, maybe a command that can be assigned to a menu in SageMC?

I'm liking SageTV, a lot, with all the customizations available and all. But having it as the family's only source of TV is a little troublesome. Upgrading and installing new features/addons tend to break the system temporarily, drastically lowering the WAF. I've setup two servers to combat this problem. One is the "production" server and the other the "development" server. Changes are made on the development server until everything is stable at which point the roles are switched again. Cycle restarts, using Acronis the two servers are made the same, and experimentation begins again.

Anybody else using two or more servers in combination with the HD-100 for whatever reason? How do you switch between them?

regards,

soccerdad
Old 05-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

If you use the home button instead of the power button to bring up the HD-100, there will be prompt that gives X (3 I believe) seconds to press OK to stop the connection to the server. You can then select the server of you choice. You can also turn off the autoconnect, so you always select which server you want to use.
I briefly had two servers for testing purposes but usually only have the one. The method you are using is what is required for the MVP extenders to change between servers.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Administrator

When it is soft powered off, simply press the Home button on the remote to go to the server menu.

For future reference, there is a manual in the HD100's box that covers this and has a layout of the remote. There is also an extender FAQ topic at the top of this forum section.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Sage User

Thanks! Powering on using the home button when the HD100 is soft powered off makes it start the same way as a hard power off.

A lifesaver when you've installed a power outlet behind a wall-hung TV with the extender hanging from the ceiling. No more running around the house trying to find something to stand on to be able to reach for me........