SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Installed 6.4.2 and my upcoming recordings disappeared

After installing 6.4.2, I noticed my list of upcoming recordings dropped from ~19 down to 4. I went back to 6.3.10 and they came back. Figuring it was a fluke, later on I installed 6.4.2 again. The recording list did the same thing leaving only the same 4 shows as it did the first time. I went back to 6.3.10 again and the list is still stuck at 4. A lot of my favorites are not being added to the list, and IR is also not adding any shows.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Did the latest EPG update happen to be around the time you were doing this? If so, give it time to update the EPG & recalculate the schedule.

And/or are you using the setting to speed startup at the expense of skipping the initial database calculations for IR during startup? If so, again, see if it corrects itself after some time.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Did the latest EPG update happen to be around the time you were doing this? If so, give it time to update the EPG & recalculate the schedule.

And/or are you using the setting to speed startup at the expense of skipping the initial database calculations for IR during startup? If so, again, see if it corrects itself after some time.

- Andy
Oh yeah. I think I was using that setting. Sage has been running for hours now though and no change has happened. I'll search the forums for that startup setting, and see if it is enabled or not.

I should've called the thread Oprah has hijacked Sage, 'cause that is all it wants to record. Good for WAF, bad for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

I set
Code:
limited_carny_init=false
and forced an EPG update by enabling a new channel, and things are still messed up. When I forced the guide upate, my diskbar went bonkers for a minute and showed a bizarrely high number for the space used by upcoming recordings.

EDIT
Looks like it just fixed itself. I disabled the secret features, then when I went to the recording schedule, things were back to normal. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not though. Now, I'll try an update with the speed up feature still disabled and see what happens.

Last edited by kricker; 05-20-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Administrator

I would report it to SageTV because I don't know for sure what is happening. I had something strange happen the other day, but I think it was because of the EPG being in the middle of an update at the same time.

Are your Favorites' airings outlined in white and does choosing Additional Airings from the "Favorite Details" menu for a non-scheduled, but should-be-scheduled, Fav show any airings? What if you change some setting for the Fav & then set it back?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

I went straight to 6.4.3 and at first the results were the same as at the first post. I forced an EPG update, then after a few minutes it appears all is well again. I'll re-enable my secret features now and resume my m780 QAM testing

Thanks for the tip where to look Opus!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Are your Favorites' airings outlined in white and does choosing Additional Airings from the "Favorite Details" menu for a non-scheduled, but should-be-scheduled, Fav show any airings? What if you change some setting for the Fav & then set it back?

- Andy
It was all weird. I played with favorites doing like you said. I changed them around trying to get them to trigger and they wouldn't. I even made new ones and they also did nothing. It was as if the scheduler was just way out of wack.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Sage Icon

Since you nailed this issue...care to take a crack at this one
Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Since you nailed this issue
Well, it mostly comes down to personal experiences... while I happened to see something similar to this issue the other day...

Quote:
...care to take a crack at this one
... I don't know a whole lot about QAM. I just recently added an HDHomeRun, but that was pretty easy to configure following SiliconDust's directions for both OTA and QAM tuning. (I'll have to say that so far I have had no problems using that tuner after removing an old version of Zone Alarm.)

But, there is a section of the PDF manual starting on p. 160 (for the v6.3-B manual), titled "Remapping Channels for Digital Tuners". Have you checked that out? It talks about a couple QAM channel mapping methods.

Of course, part of that manual section refers you to the forum for more help from other users... and the fact that I wrote that section of the manual isn't necessarily an indication that I know what it means. I had help.

- Andy