SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bad day for my Cable, and now the HDHR is not working

So yesterday I get home and the wife tells me that the internet is down and that she noticed 2 Comcast trucks working on the pole in our front yard.

So I check the cable modem everything shows green however the linksys router was not getting an ip. Several reboots of the router and modem no luck. So call Comcast and after 40min on hold decided to go through the "customer retention" funny how they seem to get people working a little harder. So the support rep said he thinks the modem had corrupted data in memory for the MAC, he sent a reset and reprogram to it and all started working again. Great.

After I got off the phone I decided to go watch the news, guess what my HDHR are no longer able to receive ANY channels. So I do a rescan, nothing. So thinking maybe Comcast encrypted the channels I tested them on my TV which has a builtin ATSC tuner, it finds the channels just fine (note I purposely used the exact same cable feed that the HDHR has for this test). So I go back to the HDHR and turn on debug do the rescan again and file a support ticket. Waiting on response.

So does anyone thick Comcast could have damaged my HDHR?

This sucks to because I just finished tweaking my new sage box to handle HD playback well.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

There was a small run of HDHR that had power supply problems. Premature failure and such. Check to see if that is the issue. Go to Silicondust and open a support ticket and you may need to enable debugging in the setup program for HDHR.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
There was a small run of HDHR that had power supply problems. Premature failure and such. Check to see if that is the issue. Go to Silicondust and open a support ticket and you may need to enable debugging in the setup program for HDHR.

Gerry
Just got a response back from Silicondust and they confirmed via my debug logs that it is a power supply issue and will be sending me a new power supply. Well I have been very happy with my HDHR and recommend it to everyone, based so far on the support response I have received so far I still will recommend them! The fact that they had the forethought to make it easy for them to debug problems by just having the customer check a single box in the app and it sends a debug log directly to them is brilliant.