SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Album Covers (revisited) 2.0.11

HI, I noticed in the release notes (very general btw) and saw there was a fix to the album covers (but it didn't really say to what extent) I would hate to have to "Embed" thecover into every mp3 i have (over 8,000) to find out all I needed was a folder.jpg. Does anyone know what thestory is with this. Do we really need to embed the image, or was the fix to 2.0.11 for this?
Old 01-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I can say that it will not read a folder.jpg

I was really hoping this could be done... because embedding does seem like a hugh undertaking when you consider almost my entire cd collection is mp3. (250-300 albums) I've embedded images and it works in the jukebox, but just an image in the folder will not show up. This feature would make things SO much easier than a product like "gotcha covered" could grab all your CD covers in no time.

IF this is undoable then I"ll start embedding images... but I'm going to wait until the final release until I start that undertaking.

Thanks for a great product (even without the image thing!!!)

Old 01-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update... I have found out... (this might be common knowledge) but for albums... only 1 file needs embeded album art; not all 10 tracks, and it shows up properly!

Maybe someone will find this useful!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well..

whether it's 1 file or all files doesn't really matter as the software does it for all songs at one time anyway. I have all the art in the folder, but now If I am going to embed them, one or all can be done at the same time. still cumbersome, but will do it if I have to.

Also with the amount of songs, i don't know if album view is one I am going to use anyway. I would like to be able to list the artists and select a letter to jump to...that would be nice instead of scrolling to find something. If I do search, it does it by song. Is there a way to change it to artist?
Old 01-30-2004, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I too am hoping for something like cover.jpg, especially since I'm not sure you can embed coverart in APE/FLAC (which I'm hoping for also).
Old 01-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Sage User

I'm in the process of re-tagging my songs (38k) using MMJB, after issues with 2.0 not seeing the art. So far all cover art is recognized! I was initially hoping folder.jpg would work but someone stated in a previous post it needed to be "embedded" within the tag.
So only one track needs to have embedded art per album? If so this will save me an enormous amount of time.

Doug
Windows 2003 Server - 5 HD Tuners PCI & USB
8GB of RAM / 8TB of Storage
=============================
Sage Clients (6) - XP, Vista64 Ult & Win7 64 Ult
HTPC - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

DougTea

At least in my experience only one per album is needed. Now not say it will stay like that in the future.

If you want to add your pict to a whole folder.. you can use mp3tag and if you have the album art you can assign it to a whole list of songs. I'm sure there are others, but this ones seems to have the most features.. and if you pay the 19.99 it will download and embed lyrics too.

STill hoping for another way tho to show art tho!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:30 AM
Sage User

does Frey have an official responce to this "problem" ?
are they going to support folder.jpg's ?

or are we going to have to keep complaining about this ?

myhtpc has wonderfull folder support, for imagers, and it works for both movies and audio ...

to me it would seam a lot easier to read a folder.jpg image than an embedded image.. so something fishy is going on here ... =(
Old 01-31-2004, 06:37 AM

Quote:
does Frey have an official responce to this "problem" ?
With all they effort they are putting into debugging and recoding, they are most likely very busy right now. There is little chance they will respond to individual issues at this time. If you feel it's a problem I'd say submit a bug report with all relevant(in this case the folder.jpg solution) info. Dan has said(see first Note/thread in this forum) that they want feature requests(which this sort of is IMHO) submitted as bugs so they don't miss them.

Last edited by justme; 01-31-2004 at 06:43 AM.