SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is my PVR-500 Broken?

I just picked up a PVR-500 on eBay, and it's not exactly working very well. The first tuner is working, but the picture quality is horrendous. My HVR-1600 with the analog looks fantastic compared to it. Lots of ghosting.

That's the good news. The second tuner doesn't work at all. The driver only loads sometimes, other times it shows up with an exclamation point in the Device Manager, and when it does show up, and I try to use it in Sage, it doesn't actually do anything.

I tried the HWClear.exe from Hauppauge, and reloading the latest drivers, the HVR-1600 analog works fine, but the PVR-500 still has it's issues. I switched the card slots as well, same issues. I'm guessing I got a lemon. Anyone else have a card act like this? Is there any remedy?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

I had a similar issue about a year ago with a PVR-500. I called Hauppauge and they replaced it no questions asked. I'm sure I had it for more than a year by then and was expecting to pay for the repair, but I didn't have to. Hauppauge is A-OK in my book!

john