SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage Expert

Second Beta feedback

1) Selecting the VMR9 mode, doesn't give me transparent display. Instead, the preview window called ActiveMovie(I believe) detaches from the screen

2)When hitting the volume, the OSD doesn't appear.

3)The description might be better at the bottom than the top, in essence, cutting off the torso instead of the head. Perhaps expanding the top OSD bar to match the width of the description text. Or maybe make the background the same shade of blue(with white text) as the OSD.

4)I couldn't find a way to stop music playback.

5)After selecting a prerecorded show, via the media library, I was presented with an ordering by show title. I had, for example, a Highlander that when clicked, revealed the episodes. However, when I selected one for preview, then a second for preview, only the first kept playing.

6) Would it be possible to display the original air date on the OSD, like BTV. That makes it easy to know if you are watching a rerun.

That's what I have so far, but this one, couple with the RW fix mentioned in another thread has allowed me to use this as my current production box. No wifely complaints.

I do wonder why the transparent stuff doesn't work. Not that it matters, but as a point of interest, the BTV transparent stuff does work.

BTW. the change that shows detail when using the program guide is brilliant. I originally wanted it to work like BTV(you press once and get a pop-up that lets you watch, record, etc..), but this is even better. Great Idea!

This thing is really shaping up.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
4) I believe that hitting pause or ctrl-s just about anywhere should do it.

t
Old 01-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

jominor

I agree with your number 3, but I also think we should have the ability to turn off this description completely. Also with the live video in the menu systems, as others have suggested we should be able to turn it off, but also to make it smaller (say 1/2 size) to show more of the guide...
Old 01-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Second Beta feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by jominor
2)When hitting the volume, the OSD doesn't appear.
You can hit the info button to see the display, but I agree that any setting modification should bring up the osd.

Quote:
6) Would it be possible to display the original air date on the OSD, like BTV. That makes it easy to know if you are watching a rerun.
I just put in a 2nd request for that. V2B10 didn't have it, but verison 1.4 did.

I would like to add one -- pressing the 'play" button causes a show to start playback in full screen. Uh, come to think of it, I didn't try that in the latest version yet. Not that I'm able to play anything in the latest version...

- Andy
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
jominor

I agree with your number 3, but I also think we should have the ability to turn off this description completely. Also with the live video in the menu systems, as others have suggested we should be able to turn it off, but also to make it smaller (say 1/2 size) to show more of the guide...
I would prefer the ability to change the amount of columns/rows, like in ver. 1.4...that should do the same, right?
Old 01-30-2004, 03:09 AM

Quote:
pressing the 'play" button causes a show to start playback in full screen
Definitely need this.
Also it would be great if there was a direct 'delete' command(with a confirmation message) for those of us with remotes that have the buttons available. I know this would only save one press but they add up. I love all the little one press shortcuts/direct access my Tivo has to it's features and menus.
Quote:
Also with the live video in the menu systems, as others have suggested we should be able to turn it off, but also to make it smaller (say 1/2 size) to show more of the guide...
I like both of these ideas, but I would like to see the space gained go to a larger font size for detailed show info. I guess I'm just getting old and need glasses.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Sage Expert

I'll add my vote for the direct delete command and, heck, as long as you are adding it you could add both version: with and without confirmation.

t
Old 01-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

theMixxMaster and justme,

I agree with both of these suggestions. There needs to be some way to modify the guide layout whether it is increasing rows/columns or shrinking the livetv to a size of your choosing. Initially I was of the thought that it would be better to turn livetv off all together, but my wife suggested it may be nice to have it there, only smaller, to see when commercials are over. On my 110" though the livetv looks like a 30" tv. I'd like to make it smaller and see more guide.

davey
Old 01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

More thoughts on delete. Just going a little crazy (I know they already have plenty to do) but there seems to be two camps on the whole deletion issue. Those who really, really want sage to delete a file in the file system when it gets deleted in the ui. I totally understand that point of view. If I were in that camp, I'd definitely want a confirmation before deleting. Myself, I don't really care too much how Sage manages the disk space since it has its own partitions. So for me, I guess the ideal would be for it to move the show into a "Deleted Shows" folder or something (like the system Recycle Bin). Then if I accidentally deleted a show, which might happen because I would have confirmation turned off, I could always go in and manually restore the file to either to an Import Library directory or, if Sage still had epg data for deleted shows, to the main Sage tv directory. Or, even better yet, Sage could have a "Restore Deleted Shows" menu.

Just idle thoughts.

t
Old 01-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Sage Expert

I like the deleted folder idea. I wish Tivo had that. I don't know how many times we've deleted a show and then had someone over asking whether we still had it or not. You could even add an "Empty Deleted Items" option for those that love having free space.

PLEASE add a one-button delete (with confirmation or as a configured option)). I did request this via the beta submission form.