SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

PVR-350 Output and SageTV Client

Has anyone been able to get the PVR-350 Output and UI to be stable on SageTV Client? In my experience with 2.0.10 and 2.0.11, I can't get it to work for more than a little bit. The UI seems to be OK, but when in the "Sage Recordings" menu, it will often lock up the client when I "Select" a recording that is not currently being previewed.

I'm running SageTVClient on an EPIA M system with WinXP Pro. Latest 1.8 drivers and decoder from 1.8 CD downloadable from www.shspvr.com. Latest JRE 1.4.2_03.

Some details about the hang are that even after I terminate the process, the process remains listed (however the window goes away). I have to reboot in order to remove the "SageTVClient.exe" from the process list.

I am running SageRecorder 1.4 on the same system (installed in a separate directory though). This problem will occur regardless of wether SageRecorder is installed, so I do not suspect the problem is with that.

I'm really looking forward to getting the 350 output to be stable on the client. Up until it freeze, it looks great and much sharper than the EPIA Svideo output I am resorting to right now.

-Dan
Old 01-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
I bought a PVR-350 specifically because of the support in SAGETV 2.0, and I must say that you're 100% correct in that the video quality is *WAY* better than anything I've been able to come up with in the past.

Please know that what I'm about to say is said in efforts to help, not downplaying the hard work, sweat, blood, tears, etc that went into making SAGETV 2.0. I really do appreciate where the client is going, and completely respect the fact that it's a beta client.

Unfortunately, I too have stability issues with the tvout on the 350. I am also running the 1.8 drivers from shs's website. I just installed a completely clean WinXP so that there would be no tainted drivers laying about from the PVR-250 that I pulled out.

I'm letting the sagetv run right now watching live tv to find out how long it will run. ;-) When I goto the library though, it isn't on for more than 10 seconds before I get what I described in another thread as "sky-blue corderoy." I will take a picture of it when I get done watching Emeril (BAM!)

Anyway, seriously, Jeff and team have kicked serious tail on this version, and I really appreciate it!!

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I, too, appreciate the quick turn around time from .10 to .11....

It looks like you and I may be having separate PVR-350 issues. I have never seen the blue corderoy problem. My SageTV client simply freezes when it tries to change the video program while in the Sage Recordings/EPG guide.

-Dan
Old 01-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Sage

Are you guys running network encoders on the same machine as the 350 through SageTVClient? I'm assuming so. I use the same setup and am having freezing problems too. They always occur when the network encoder is being stopped/started. This is on the list to fix.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally posted by Narflex
Are you guys running network encoders on the same machine as the 350 through SageTVClient? I'm assuming so. I use the same setup and am having freezing problems too. They always occur when the network encoder is being stopped/started. This is on the list to fix.
Yeah, I'm a tard and didn't notice that he was talking about the SAGETV Client instead of SAGETV itself. I'm in a 1 computer setup, with a single encoder, the 350. But hey, I do appreciate that it's getting better!

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using a SageRecorder on the same system as the SageTVClient. I'm pretty sure it will lock up even without the recorder running though. Anyhow, if it's on the list to fix, it may take care of the problem I'm having.