SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Constant Stuttering

I'm at my wits end as to why Sage is stuttering every 3 or 4 minutes. I've updated everything on my system including Video drives, Java, Hauppauge drivers, motherboard drivers, etc.....but nothing seems to help.

I know it's Sage causing the problem because I can use Windows Media Player to play the same video files without any problems.

Sage is stuttering on EVERYTHING, not just video files. MP3's are affected as well.

I'm running Sage 6.3.5 (which is the same version I was using before I rebuilt my machine) however since rebuilding, I can't seem to get rid of this stutter.

Suggestions before I do something rash and go back to BeyondTV? (HAHAHA! Like that'll ever happen)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well there are many threads with things to try. 64K blocks on the recording drive is usually first on the list.

What did you change when you rebuilt the machine?

Do you have any added codec filters?

If you add this line to sageproperties "debug_logging=TRUE" then sage will save a text file named sagetv_0 (or 1, 2, etc) In this text file is listed the filters used for playback, please post what filters sage is trying to use? Also you could build a graph in graphedit with the same filters and test if those filters are the problem.

Intervideo 9 video codec with VMR9 and Closed captions are working perfectly for me with 6.3.10, so it is possible to have no stutter.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Forgot to mention that my recording drive has been formatted with 64k blocks. Thanks for the reminder though!

When I rebuilt the machine, I changed the motherboard and Video card. Having said that however, as I said, I can use WMP to playback media without any stuttering at all which leads me to believe the problem is with SageTV.

The only filter/codec I have installed is NVidia PureVideo.

I'll try the debug logging, however I'm unsure how to use graphedit.