SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

XM interface in Sage?

Hello!

Did a little searching and seems like there was some interest in this a while ago.

With those learning Studio increasing regularly and the skills of you Studio guys getting better all the time, just wondering if it would be even possible to have an XM interface via Sage?

There is a program out there that interfaces with the XM PCR called TimeTrax so I know at least with the PCR, accessing the information is possible. But, I'm curious if this would even be remotely possible using a XM subscriber's web account and stream via the web?

I just upgraded my XM radios so was thinking how it would be pretty slick to have XM streaming controlled and displayed within Sage
Old 04-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think radio (OTA, streaming, whatever) is a pretty large hole in Sage's offering right now. There's a huge opportunity waiting to happen here. XM or Sirius support via a 3rd party app would be awesome, but frankly I'd be ecstatic with just regular webradio support. The wife loves to listen to Virgin Radio's stream.

I wonder how hard it is to make your own generic tuner or network encoder so it could work on an extender? Seems like you could to a quick hack and loop the line-out and line-in on an audio card, code the line-in as a capture card, and hack up something to control winamp or some other audio player through the GUI. If I was a coder I'd try to do it.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
If I was a coder I'd try to do it.
Exactly what I was thinking

Found this...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28831

Take a look at post #5 where it talks about Media Center and shows a screen shot.

Neilm recently made a graphical web page viewer type plugin...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23376

I have NO CLUE but wonder if the two ideas above could be combined?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Check this out:

http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/GraphRecorder/

It lets you create a virtual network encoder around any directX interface. Looks like a relatively painless way to take audio and render it back into Sage in a way that would work over an extender.

Now we just need a way to have menu options or remote buttons control an application which tunes web radio...
2x Roku XD
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 AM
SageTVaholic

The best way to get XM/Sirius in Sage is for Sage to add native web radio support then you can use uSirius/uXM to translate them into standard mms webradio streams.

http://www.millardsoftware.com/usirius

Last edited by evilpenguin; 04-15-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
Check this out:

http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/GraphRecorder/

It lets you create a virtual network encoder around any directX interface. Looks like a relatively painless way to take audio and render it back into Sage in a way that would work over an extender.

Now we just need a way to have menu options or remote buttons control an application which tunes web radio...
What's up with this site having tips and tricks for adding-to/customizing Sage, and them not posting here?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Neilm recently made a graphical web page viewer type plugin...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23376

I have NO CLUE but wonder if the two ideas above could be combined?
As you can see by my last post in that thread, I don't think much has been done with this in a while, and there is no evidence of it working in the current Sage version or on the HD Extender. There's only a couple of posts in that thread since the HD Extender was even first released.

Unfortunately, for coding-clueless people like me, the instructions for that one are not nearly as step-by-step as many other plug-ins. If any of you start messing around with that (to try to get streaming internet radio working or otherwise), I would love it if someone could determine whether it works on 6.3.10 and on an HD Extender (or change it to make it work?), and perhaps even post easy-to-follow instructions....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
What's up with this site having tips and tricks for adding-to/customizing Sage, and them not posting here?
You've missed the Universal Network Encoder topic, which has a link in this sticky: Hardware related utilities and customizations.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The best way to get XM/Sirius in Sage is for Sage to add native web radio support then you can use uSirius/uXM to translate them into standard mms webradio streams.
Yes, that would definitely be ideal. It would also mean I'd have to sit back and wait. To quote Inigo Montoya: "I hate waiting."
2x Roku XD
Old 04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've used the Slimserver Plug-in and it works GREAT with Sirius as well as a bunch of other streaming stations!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMixxMaster View Post
I've used the Slimserver Plug-in and it works GREAT with Sirius as well as a bunch of other streaming stations!
Too bad it doesn't work with my STX-HD100 extenders...
2x Roku XD