SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

how can I completely flush out imported videos?

I imported hundreds of videos. Then I decided to go organize them on the disc better. Now I've got tons of "ghost" videos showing up in the Videos section. They point to where the old one was. I've tried telling it to refresh the imported videos with no luck. I've tried removing the import dirs and then telling it to refresh. No luck.

What else should I do? I'm fine with blowing away all the videos it thinks are imported and just importing them again from scratch.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Sage Icon

Had the same issue a couple of months ago.

There should be a property in your sage.properties file like "make all media files local" or similar.

Change that to true and you should be OK.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

If you check out the Video Detail screen for a video, is its path still visible to SageTV? If not, SageTV needs to be able to see that location to know that the file isn't there. I think that is in this FAQ post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Had the same issue a couple of months ago.

There should be a property in your sage.properties file like "make all media files local" or similar.

Change that to true and you should be OK.
The most recent version of SageTV should be completely ignoring that property now & always acts as if it were set to true, so that property may no longer do anything.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the pointer. I had to add:
make_all_mediafiles_local=true

I found it in this longer thread on the issue:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...imported+media
Old 04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If you check out the Video Detail screen for a video, is its path still visible to SageTV? If not, SageTV needs to be able to see that location to know that the file isn't there. I think that is in this FAQ post.
First off, the paths aren't still visible because I totally reorganized them. The import path was C:\media. So videos like C:\media\someshow.mpg are now in C:\media\TV\someshow.mpg. It can still see C:\ and C:\media. I'm not sure why it didn't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The most recent version of SageTV should be completely ignoring that property now & always acts as if it were set to true, so that property may no longer do anything.
I'm not sure what to tell you. I stuck that setting in there and started SageTV and that fixed it right up. So it's not ignoring it and it didn't appear to already assume it was set to true. And i just downloaded the trial three days ago, so I would think that's the most recent version. The help screen says 6.3.10.166.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
First off, the paths aren't still visible because I totally reorganized them. The import path was C:\media. So videos like C:\media\someshow.mpg are now in C:\media\TV\someshow.mpg. It can still see C:\ and C:\media. I'm not sure why it didn't get that.
That means the paths were still visible, because all SageTV needs to be able to see is the drive; after that, it can recognize that if the subdirectory is gone, then the file is no longer at that location.

Quote:
I'm not sure what to tell you. I stuck that setting in there and started SageTV and that fixed it right up. So it's not ignoring it and it didn't appear to already assume it was set to true. And i just downloaded the trial three days ago, so I would think that's the most recent version. The help screen says 6.3.10.166.
This is just for future reference: that was a change for v6.3.10 (it is in the release notes) & the source code doesn't access that property name any more -- I just looked at the source & verified this, so I'll drop the term 'may' from the 'may not be used' part of my previous post.

I think just the simple restart had something to do with it. I'm not sure why a library refresh didn't solve it, but that property is unused in the version you said you are running -- if you remove it, it won't get recreated when you start SageTV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Again, don't know what to tell you. I restarted Sage many times, trying to force it to see they were gone. When I put that change in the properties and started it, the effect was immediate.

*shrug*

Edit: Oh, and according to how you think it should work, would you say if I put the property in and started sage, that it would remove it or leave it? Cause it removed it. Speaking as a programmer, I can remember plenty of conversations I've had like this that end in "Oh wait... that's weird."

Last edited by rosemary; 04-02-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
Edit: Oh, and according to how you think it should work, would you say if I put the property in and started sage, that it would remove it or leave it? Cause it removed it.
I just noticed the edit -- adding a new post would be more noticeable than adding a question hours later.

Anyway... If you added a property & SageTV removed it after starting SageTV, then you most likely didn't actually close SageTV -- properties added while SageTV is running are ignored & overwritten the next time the properties file is saved. And, if this happened, the property couldn't have made a difference... not that I think it would anyway when using v6.3.10.

If you are using service mode, then restarting the UI wouldn't do anything with the service, and killing the service w/o using the proper service control tool will just cause the service to restart, if that option is enabled. In either case, changes to sage.properties are ignored while the service is running.

- Andy
Old 04-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I believe you can just go to the setup menu (I think that is where it is) and tell it to rescan imported media. Done deal.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

OneThomas: I did that, as stated in my first post - "I've tried telling it to refresh the imported videos with no luck."

I think it's more likely what Opus4 was talking about in his last post. Though I do not believe I had it running in service mode and I was always careful to say "exit sagetv" and not just close/minimize-to-tray it. But at this point it would be too much trouble for me to try to reproduce it so I'm just going to pretend it never happened.