SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Could not resolve conflict... Bug or new user problem?

I just started using SageTV and figuring things out but ran into an issue the other night I couldn't figure out.

I noticed there was a recording conflict so I went to then to the Conflict Resolution Options. I had only ONE option here and no option to make happen what I wanted to happen and resolve the conflict.

This was a case where Show1 and Show2 were overlapping. Sage was set to record Show1 and Show2 was showing the conflict. Since Sage was going to record Show1 and I didn't care about missing Show2, everything was going to work fine and I just wanted to resolve the conflict so I could get the check mark instead of the exclamation point. However, the only option on the Conflict Resolution Options screen was something like "Force recording of Show2" (doing this from memory and don't remember exactly what it said but basically the only option was to record Show2 and not record Show1) and no option to just ignore the conflict???

I have had serveral conflicts so far in my week or so of playing around with Sage but each of the other times I had more than one option and options to do what I really wanted to do. In this case though I could not resolve the conflict and just had to let Sage go over this conflict and record Show1... but until then I had to keep checking the conflict screen because I couldn't override this one conflict and couldn't tell from the main menu, by the icon at the top, if I had any new ones.

I currently have only one PVR-250 installed. One thing that might have played into this was both shows were from the same Keyword favorite. I have the keyword NUCLEAR and both these shows had that word in the description so both shows were really from the same favorite. Even still, while it is possible I somehow screwed this up (LOL), I think I should have been able to just "ignore" the conflict... but that wasn't an option

Just curious if this is a case where a new user is overlooking something or if this might be a small bug?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Administrator

There are no other conflict resolution options because the conflict is from the same Favorite. You can ignore ignore it & do nothing, or manually choose one to record as a Manual Recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks, Andy!

Sounds like you are saying it is behaving normally? But, should there not at least be an option to just ignore the conflict? Seems like you might have said I should be able to ignore it but not sure if you meant for me to just ignore the conflict or if I should have had a selectable option to ignore the conflict. LOL! There was no option to ignore the conflict... just over-ride the show that was scheduled to be recorded... which I did not want to do

If I did explain the problem correctly and you understood me, do you suggest I submit this and at least make this issue known and maybe they can add an "ignore" option?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Yes, it is behaving normally. And, no, there is no 'ignore' option -- I just meant for you to pay no attention to that conflict.

And, it is known that the conflict system works this way.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Gotcha

Seems kinda odd to not be able to use the conflict icon for possibly up to 2 weeks (since it will remain an exclamation point) and have to keep checking the conflicts page to see if there are any new ones. But, evidently what I ran into is rare or maybe I'm being too picky. LOL

Thanks, Andy!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Actually, I think you could resolve it -- make one of them a Manual Recording. That may give you a conflict with the other airing of the Favorite & then you can tell it to be ignored.

- Andy