SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Sage User

Main Menu Customizing

I am trying to fix my main menu so that it has a TV Series link. I have went though the forum and tried all the things suggested. The way i have it looks like this. What should i change?

Code:
      <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Series">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "D:\Tv Series")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
I have been playing with this all day and no luck. All that happens is nothing will show in that menu link. Will not even show a single video. Using latest Sagemc
Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Expert

I am not sure what you are doing with the java_util_List_add, but I think you just need the 2 AddStaticContext statements. Also, the value for PathFilterExprs should not include the import path, only any directory or filters on files. So if you have d:\importdir defined as the import folder, and you wanted to filter by somedir such as d:\importdir\somedir, you would put somedir in the PathFilterExprs value...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Well the issue is i have two folders one with movies IE D:\Movies
and my tv series folder is F:\TV Series

so i want it to only show the tv series and for the movies link i want it to only show the movies

What would the line look like so it does not have the code i put in and would acualy work??
Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Sage Expert

Are both of the folders defined as import folders or is one a sage recording folder? If the one is a sage recording folder, you can use the internal screen for Recordings, but if they are both import folders, you would probably need to move both as directories under a single import folder and then filter by the folder name...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Sage User

Well they are on different hard drives and there much too big to put them in the same folder. And neither are recording folders, they are both inport folders. Is there no way to make it so it JUST shows one import folder and the other link shows the other.... just trying to make it as family freindly as possible since right now it is a mess of about 200 items in a giant list
Old 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Sage Expert

If you place them as d:\videos\Movies and f:\vidoes\TV Series and make the import folders d:\videos and f:\videos, you can filter by the 2 sub directories, and if you go into the video library, they will show up as 2 folders, "Movies" and "Tv Series".

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Sage User

So the way i had it so a menu link for each section is not possible??
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage Expert

The video title field that the expression goes against only contains the path below the import directory, so for example if you had d:\Movies as an import folder and you had a file in that directory such as move.mpg, then the video title field would contain video.mpg and you would have to use a search string that would match against the file name. If you had another layer such as d:\video\Movies with a file called movie.mpg, than the title field would contain Movies/movie.mpg and you could match against Movies for a search.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks! it is one step in the right direction, not EXACLY how i would like it but it is okay