SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherce View Post
It took me 2 read through this thread to discover that J River should not be running while SageTV is .
This is not necessary. It runs fine either way. I have tested it with JRMC running/visible first and don't have any problems. It almost sounds like JRMC is somehow shutting down on you when you are browsing. Check the Task Manager when you have problems. Do you see " Media Center 12.exe"? If so, JRMC could be showing a warning dialog box that you need to respond to that you just don't see. You should try to run JRMC independently and browse the library to see if there are any warnings that you can dismiss and not show again. Then run Sage (not in full screen) with JRMC still open/visible and see if any dialog boxes show up or if JRMC shuts down. Also, make sure you have installed the Visual C++ package described in the setup.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is not necessary. It runs fine either way.
I tried this JRMC plugin a few weeks ago just to see if I liked it. I could run JRMC fine, but I wasn't able to use the Sage plugin when JRMC itself was running. As soon as I killed it, the Sage plugin worked fine, but the two weren't coexisting well.

I ended up not liking JRMC, so I stopped using it.

matt
Old 06-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I tried this JRMC plugin a few weeks ago just to see if I liked it. I could run JRMC fine, but I wasn't able to use the Sage plugin when JRMC itself was running. As soon as I killed it, the Sage plugin worked fine, but the two weren't coexisting well.
I don't know why you were seeing this. I just reformatted my server so I installed everything fresh (XP MCE, Sage, and JRMC). It works fine for me whether JRMC is running or not when I start up Sage. It also works this way on my Vista client/development PC so I'm not sure why you guys would be seeing otherwise. You could try the "Allow Multiple instances..." option in JRMC to see if it makes a difference but this setting has no effect on it for me (it works in both cases).
Old 06-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the help cncb, I actually don't understand why more SageTV users aren't going nuts over your plugin, given the state of music in SageTV. In other HTPC software forums, if they had the terrible music system that SageTV has, your plugin thread would be like 10 pages long.

Ok, so I am having the problems like I described (dissapearing text, no back or home buttons, etc) all the time. It worked for a short while but after that it never worked again. I do have the visual C++ library installed. I tried as you suggested (running both SageTV and J River side by side) and I am not getting any pop up messages or anything. However,

Quote:
It almost sounds like JRMC is somehow shutting down on you when you are browsing. Check the Task Manager when you have problems. Do you see " Media Center 12.exe"?
this seems to be the case. If J River is closed, when I first enter a JRMC browser screen, "MEDIAC~1.exe" pops up in my task manager. I also wonder why its using the "~1" in my task manager. Even when I run it by itself with SageTV not running, it shows up as MEDIAC~1.exe. Then it disappears, like it closed itself.

If J River is open, I still get the errors like I described, but moving my cursor back from the item list to the left menu bar, the text comes back. If I move the cursor back to the listing the text disappears and it doesn't come back again. Either way I have to kill SageTV after that.

Do you have any idea why J River would be closing itself? I'm running J River 12.0.497 on WinXP SP2. No plugins but lastfm is enabled, library, server and UPNP is disabled. Are there any settings in J River that I should check? Does it matter if I have a large library of music? Does it matter that I have quite a lot of non-English music?

As an aside, I don't know where you might be thinking of going with this plugin, but if I can get it to work and I decide to buy SageTV, I would like to try and figure out a way to bypass SageTV for all music and just use it like a browser/front end for the music. SageMC allows you to use an external program to playback video, I wonder if I can also somehow pass playlists or music commands to J River to handle the playback in the background. The only problem would be how to have the playing info and stuff be displayed in SageTV.

Thanks!

Last edited by mherce; 06-17-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
this seems to be the case. If J River is closed, when I first enter a JRMC browser screen, "MEDIAC~1.exe" pops up in my task manager. I also wonder why its using the "~1" in my task manager. Even when I run it by itself with SageTV not running, it shows up as MEDIAC~1.exe. Then it disappears, like it closed itself.

If J River is open, I still get the errors like I described, but moving my cursor back from the item list to the left menu bar, the text comes back. If I move the cursor back to the listing the text disappears and it doesn't come back again. Either way I have to kill SageTV after that.

Do you have any idea why J River would be closing itself? I'm running J River 12.0.497 on WinXP SP2. No plugins but lastfm is enabled, library, server and UPNP is disabled. Are there any settings in J River that I should check? Does it matter if I have a large library of music? Does it matter that I have quite a lot of non-English music?

As an aside, I don't know where you might be thinking of going with this plugin, but if I can get it to work and I decide to buy SageTV, I would like to try and figure out a way to bypass SageTV for all music and just use it like a browser/front end for the music. SageMC allows you to use an external program to playback video, I wonder if I can also somehow pass playlists or music commands to J River to handle the playback in the background. The only problem would be how to have the playing info and stuff be displayed in SageTV.
The "MEDIAC~1.EXE" instead of "Media Center 12.exe" should not be a problem as I seem to get this randomly too. Try disabling all extras in JRMC including lastfm. There is a way to turn on logging in JRMC (check their forums) which might provide a clue to why it is shutting down on you.

I don't plan to take the approach of using JRMC for playback. This is the approach I took with my plugin for Beyond Media and it turned out to not be ideal managing 2 programs running with focus issues, etc. I also use this exclusively with my Sage extenders so it would not be useful in this case for me. Sorry.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks! And thanks for introducing me to J River! The more I use JRMC, the more I love it! Its so much better than WMP in so many ways. Its too bad they are trying to be a HTPC app. Its woeful for that though the D3D effects in theater view are very nice. I'd rather see them working on direct integration.

I figured out why J River was closing on me, my firewall was stopping loopback. It stopped closing on me when I disabled it. However, that still didn't fix the problem in SageTV. Firewall off, the mediacenter12.exe or mediac~1.exe stays in the task manager now when SageTV is accessing it. The JRMC logs are clear of any problems. According to it, it is being accessed and passing info. The problem seems to be that after the first passing of info, SageTV stops asking for more. I have more SageTV logging for you though with a couple of errors, maybe that might shed some light on things?

Code:
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can't map name to dispid: GetNumberChildren
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.invokev(Native Method)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.invokev(Dispatch.java:858)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.callN(Dispatch.java:455)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.call(Dispatch.java:533)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at SageJRMC.ViewItem.GetNumChildViews(ViewItem.java:89)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.628 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.e$d.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.a8.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.a8.new(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.a8.for(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.629 	at sage.b1.byte(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at sage.EventRouter.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at sage.EventRouter.access$200(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at sage.EventRouter$2.run(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.630 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can't map name to dispid: GetFiles
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.invokev(Native Method)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.invokev(Dispatch.java:858)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.callN(Dispatch.java:455)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 	at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.call(Dispatch.java:533)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.631 	at SageJRMC.ViewItem.GetFiles(ViewItem.java:114)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.e$d.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.a.m$b.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.a.m.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.a8.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.632 	at sage.a8.new(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at sage.a8.for(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at sage.b1.byte(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at sage.EventRouter.a(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at sage.EventRouter.access$200(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at sage.EventRouter$2.run(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.633 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
Fri 6/20 1:44:57.634 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I've copied jacob-1.14-x86.dll yo my java bin directory, but the error seems to be related to that dll? Would this work better on SageTV Client?

As an aside, do you know if there are any other HTPC apps that have a plugin for JRMC? You said you made one for Beyond? I tried Beyond and it was just a TV app. How does a plugin work there?

Thanks again!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I figured out why J River was closing on me, my firewall was stopping loopback. It stopped closing on me when I disabled it. However, that still didn't fix the problem in SageTV. Firewall off, the mediacenter12.exe or mediac~1.exe stays in the task manager now when SageTV is accessing it. The JRMC logs are clear of any problems. According to it, it is being accessed and passing info. The problem seems to be that after the first passing of info, SageTV stops asking for more. I have more SageTV logging for you though with a couple of errors, maybe that might shed some light on things?

I've copied jacob-1.14-x86.dll yo my java bin directory, but the error seems to be related to that dll? Would this work better on SageTV Client?

As an aside, do you know if there are any other HTPC apps that have a plugin for JRMC? You said you made one for Beyond? I tried Beyond and it was just a TV app. How does a plugin work there?
I would try reinstalling the latest version of JRMC if you haven't already. The errors look like something isn't registered/installed properly for JRMC.

I think there is a JRMC plugin for the old Meedio app as well as one for MainLobby. I wrote one for Beyond Media (their everything-but-TV application) that has since been pretty much abandoned so I wouldn't recommend this.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Sage User

My trial ran out so I installed SageTV on another machine a couple hours ago and copied over all my stuff from the old trial. I still had problems with this plugin. So I started over from scratch, checked your plugin at each step to figure out where the problem was and I found it .

If I have fixed and free form chosen as my menu layout config for submenus, the plugin doesn't work. Once I put it back to text or icon, it works fine. It will run with JRMC12 loaded or not loaded. This came up because I was using the center stage theme, who's submenu layout is fixed/free form. I hope this helps people who use your plugin.

Now that its working, I have to say: "Nice work!" on this plugin! Its really fantastic. This is my last weekend to allotted to HTPC playing and I added that Meedio program you recommended to my testing list. It was tough to find it, as the company is actually dead. Then I found the MeediOS site. I'm extremely impressed with it, but its state is in flux so I don't think that will work for me. Playing with it though, I have some suggestions for this plugin which I hope you'd be open to hearing?

It would be really nice to see some two way communications with JRMC and SageTV. For example, the Now Playing screen. There are two choices in now playing, "cover image" and "details". However, JRMC supplies a lot more. Maybe a way to get a "lyrics" choice there that can read the lyrics tag? JRMC has a bunch of nice lyric plugins. I find minilyrics to work really well. I left it overnight with a smartlist of songs with no lyrics and got half my music library tagged with lyrics. I'm going to let it do the rest tonight. Maybe some more fields in "details" like the mood tag, which I use a lot in MCE?

Another nice thing that I think users would benefit from is ratings and tagging. A way to see song ratings in now playing as well as the ability to rate music via remote which would be pushed back to the JRMC database. Also, the ability to edit a song's tags would be great. MCE has this, and Meedio with JRMC is the first HTPC software that also offers this function (that Meedio is really impressive, I don't understand why the company died).

If two way communications is not in the offering, maybe a way to be able to use JRMC's client/server model? If I'm in client mode with JRMC, then there is "mo1p://<server>/<proper path SageTV recognizes>" for the filename. This draws an error with SageTV that says that the file is not in the database. Maybe a way to ignore the "mo1p://<server>/" portion of the filename?

Anyway just some ideas, this is a great plugin making up for a program with terrible music capabilities.

Last edited by mherce; 06-27-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If I have fixed and free form chosen as my menu layout config for submenus, the plugin doesn't work. Once I put it back to text or icon, it works fine. It will run with JRMC12 loaded or not loaded. This came up because I was using the center stage theme, who's submenu layout is fixed/free form. I hope this helps people who use your plugin.
Weird - I will have to see what is going on here. Thanks for identifying this.

Quote:
It would be really nice to see some two way communications with JRMC and SageTV. For example, the Now Playing screen. There are two choices in now playing, "cover image" and "details". However, JRMC supplies a lot more. Maybe a way to get a "lyrics" choice there that can read the lyrics tag? JRMC has a bunch of nice lyric plugins. I find minilyrics to work really well. I left it overnight with a smartlist of songs with no lyrics and got half my music library tagged with lyrics. I'm going to let it do the rest tonight. Maybe some more fields in "details" like the mood tag, which I use a lot in MCE?

Another nice thing that I think users would benefit from is ratings and tagging. A way to see song ratings in now playing as well as the ability to rate music via remote which would be pushed back to the JRMC database. Also, the ability to edit a song's tags would be great. MCE has this, and Meedio with JRMC is the first HTPC software that also offers this function (that Meedio is really impressive, I don't understand why the company died).
Some of this would be possible but a new specialized Playing Now screen would be necessary (it uses the standard SageMC Playing Now screen which has no "idea" that there is a connection to JRMC). I will keep these ideas in mind but it is unlikely to happen very soon. With regards to tagging I will just say that in my opinion JRMC itself is more suited for tagging so I would personally never try to do tagging with a remote control (just my opinion, of course).

Quote:
If two way communications is not in the offering, maybe a way to be able to use JRMC's client/server model? If I'm in client mode with JRMC, then there is "mo1p://<server>/<proper path SageTV recognizes>" for the filename. This draws an error with SageTV that says that the file is not in the database. Maybe a way to ignore the "mo1p://<server>/" portion of the filename?
I'll have to take a look at this. Note that if you are running a JRMC client then you will not be able to save changes to the JRMC database (can't change the ratings of a track, for example).
Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Sage User

Thanks!

Two way communication would be really nice. I had a look at your xml in studio the other day and it seems I would need to know whats in the java to work on 2-way communication. However, I was able to add a lyrics page reading the lyrics from the tag but I'm having all kinds of trouble displaying that info, havigmnit read consistently the tag, how to have it select and such. I also ended up adding a new screen which I think is the wrong way to go for that. Studio is a bit clunky, its not end user friendly but its also not a development environment, is it?

Actually, I wasn't thinking of exhaustive tagging but more the ability to refine tags when listening to music. Like the mood tag, ratings and the tags one would update upon listening to a song.

Yeah, its kind of not a great client/server setup. When I bought it I was thinking it could be music for any HTPC app I ended up going with. However, its theater view is poor, even for music, and the client/server is 1 way. Right now I am just pointing the HTPC towards the server and opening up the library folders on a UNC share.

So, I would much rather see 2 way communication over support of client mode .

Thanks again!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to give a huge thanks for this!! All the info in this thread helped me get it set up.
also all i needed/wanted was the smartlists and ive got it hooked into my music menu. all is well! Thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

I just submitted an update that allows you to set the "home" view for each menu item interactively inside of Sage instead of having to edit the menu file by hand externally. Note that you will have to redo the home view for existing menu items (this is now stored in the .Properties file and ignores the menu file setting). Hopefully this will solve a lot of setup problems.

Note that there still is a crash when using the "Icon" style for your menu that launches the JRMC screen. Please use the "Text" style until I can figure out what is going on.

I also added some things that might be interesting if you play DVDs/movies. I created a MyMovies Data Importer to get detailed movie information into JRMC. After this you can use JRMC's view schemes to browse by Actor, Year, or pretty much any way you want to with custom sorting, etc. I also added a details screen for JRMC files which will allow you to see details of your movies without having to duplicate this information in the Sage database (you won't have to do an IMDB import).

I will try to fix the crash with the "Icon" menu style as soon as possible.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

having different problems...

Hi there. I decided to try this plugin again, after being unable to get it to work a few months ago.

Now I am getting a different result.

I've got the most updated Java, Media Center, and SageTV. I just upgraded them all today, but have not updated my signature yet. I made sure to copy the jacob.dll into the new java JRE/bin directory that was created when I updated Java.

Now, when I go into the music menu, as defined below, I get the 5 options that are described. However, if I choose one of the JRMC options, I get the same options under each submenu.

- Audio
- Images
- Video
- Playlists

Under Audio:
Artist / Album
Disk Location
File Type
Playstats

Under Playlists:
- 4or5 Stars
- 100 Random Sonds
etc...

If I select any of those Audio or Playlist submenus, no songs appear. I have verified that I can see all of my content and play it correctly in JRMC on my computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Todd

PHP Code:
        <subMenuItem title="Music">
            <
menu title="Music">
                <
internalScreenMenuItem screen="My Music" title="Music Library">
                    <
evalExpression> </evalExpression>
                </
internalScreenMenuItem>
                <!--                                   -->
                <
internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Smart Playlists">
                    <
evalExpression>AddStaticContext("HomePath","Playlists\\Audio Playlists")</evalExpression>
                </
internalScreenMenuItem>
                <
internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Test Playlists">
                    <
evalExpression>AddStaticContext("HomePath","Playlists")</evalExpression>
                </
internalScreenMenuItem>
                <
internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Audio">
                    <
evalExpression>AddStaticContext("HomePath","Audio\\Artist/Album")</evalExpression>
                </
internalScreenMenuItem>
        <
internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Music Mix" title="Mix">
            <
evalExpression> </evalExpression>
        </
internalScreenMenuItem>
        <!-- -->
            </
menu
Old 08-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchapin View Post
Now, when I go into the music menu, as defined below, I get the 5 options that are described. However, if I choose one of the JRMC options, I get the same options under each submenu.

- Audio
- Images
- Video
- Playlists
I changed the way this works for the most recent version of the plugin (see the release notes). It no longer uses the menu file. It is now done interactively. For each new menu item you add in Sage you start from the same top level path and navigate to the desired library location. You then select the "Home View" button and set that location as the home view which will then be the initial/home "path" when you subsequently select that Sage menu item.

Quote:
If I select any of those Audio or Playlist submenus, no songs appear. I have verified that I can see all of my content and play it correctly in JRMC on my computer.
Are you using extenders when you don't see any files? This might suggest that JRMC is not using the correct library (an empty one).
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I followed your instruction for the new version but I cannot get my Image view to work, I am always back to the JRMC Explorer windows,

Also, I want to add other view schemes than Artist/Album, but I don't see them in the JRMC explorer... how should I do that (if it is possible..)

Thanks !
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
I followed your instruction for the new version but I cannot get my Image view to work, I am always back to the JRMC Explorer windows,

Also, I want to add other view schemes than Artist/Album, but I don't see them in the JRMC explorer... how should I do that (if it is possible..)
Are you saying that you cannot set the "home view" for view schemes under "Images" but can for those under "Audio"? This should behave the same in both cases (it works for me).

To add a new view scheme in JRMC right-click the "Audio" button at the top of the tree and select "Add View Scheme". Make sure the "Show in Theater View" box is checked for any view schemes you want to see in Sage.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Are you saying that you cannot set the "home view" for view schemes under "Images" but can for those under "Audio"? This should behave the same in both cases (it works for me).
It worked the first time, but when I try to view my pictures the second time, I was back to the Audio/Images/Videos/... screen

Quote:
To add a new view scheme in JRMC right-click the "Audio" button at the top of the tree and select "Add View Scheme". Make sure the "Show in Theater View" box is checked for any view schemes you want to see in Sage.
I did that, and I recheck and the scheme still doesn't appear... why???

Thanks !

Z.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
I did that, and I recheck and the scheme still doesn't appear... why???
Are you accessing it through an extender? It sounds like it might not be loading the Library you think it is since you don't see the new view scheme and it can't find the "home view" you set before.

When you have the Sage JRMC Explorer screen open type the following at the command line or in the "Run" dialog: "MC12.exe /Start". This should show the JRMC UI and you can make sure the appropriate library is loaded for the Sage plugin to use.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Helium Music Manager

How easy would it be to alter this add-in to access data from a different Music Manager database such as 'Helium Music Manager' or is this just not feasible?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by logsvp View Post
How easy would it be to alter this add-in to access data from a different Music Manager database such as 'Helium Music Manager' or is this just not feasible?
Not very feasible since it is written specifically to use the JRMC API and follow the JRMC view schemes. I took a quick look at the Helium Manager and it appears that JRMC at least matches all the features for music management and additionally handles images and videos. JRMC is also the same price so you might want to take a look at the free trial.