SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
I try changing HomePath for the path where my music reside, I tryed with a drive letters and with the smb path, with and without the escape caracter, nothing does it...
By the way, the "HomePath" is not a directory path. It is the "path" in the JRMC library and has nothing to do with disc drives, etc. (see the plugin documentation for examples). Does it work ok when you use "Audio\\Artist/Album" for HomePath?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Ok, I got it now !

My mistake was that I tought the MC server should be started before SAGE.. but apparently you don't need to run nothing at all, I guess the plugin take care of fetching the info by himself....

Thanks for your fast reply !

This should bring up the WAF a lot ! I gave a fair chance to SageTV music library, but it is just too much of a pain to use...

Thanks again for this nice plugin !

Z.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

You're welcome. Glad you got it to work.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Add A View Into Your JRMC Library
You can add any number of views into your JRMC library from the SageMC interface (e.g. the Artists/Album view scheme under Audio, the Calendar view scheme under Images, a custom view scheme under Video, a particular Playlist group, etc.). See below for some examples.
Hi,

Could you give others view examples that you have setup ?

I want to create one so that all the cd with multiples artists get under one directory instead of all over the place (i.e. soundtrack)

I tryed this: "Audio\\Album Artist/Album" and "Audio\\Album Artist (Auto)/Album"
but it does't work... I must be missing something...

BTW the interface is working well, and I am pretty sure I will stay with it. When my GF saw it, she said: "Finally! Something that make sense..."

Thanks again !

Z.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
Hi,

Could you give others view examples that you have setup ?

I want to create one so that all the cd with multiples artists get under one directory instead of all over the place (i.e. soundtrack)

I tryed this: "Audio\\Album Artist/Album" and "Audio\\Album Artist (Auto)/Album"
but it does't work... I must be missing something...
You have to create a view scheme in JRMC before you can use it in Sage (the HomePath of the menu item in Sage just points to a pre-existing view scheme in JRMC). The View Schemes are very flexible so I would start in the JRMC help docs to see what you can do.

That being said, the default "Artist/Album" view sheme in JRMC should group all multiple artist albums together by default (assuming they are tagged correctly). Browse this view scheme inside JRMC and see if you have the "(Multiple Artists)" item at the beginning of the list.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage User

Ok, I'll take a look at that...

Thanks!

Z.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

does this work with MVP extenders?

Hi there. I am running the latest SageTV, SageMC, and JR Media Center. When I run this plugin w/ my MVPs, they lock up. Has anyone had any luck? I would love to have access to podcasts and smart playlists.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchapin View Post
Hi there. I am running the latest SageTV, SageMC, and JR Media Center. When I run this plugin w/ my MVPs, they lock up. Has anyone had any luck? I would love to have access to podcasts and smart playlists.
I run it with an MVP with no problems. Does it work ok when you run it in Sage on your server? When and where does it lock up with the MVP?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi. I'll check it on my server shortly.

Actually, I'm getting a different behavior right now on my MVP. Here're the appropriate lines from my menu.xml file:

<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Smart Playlists">
<evalExpression>"HomePath","Playlists\\Audio Playlists"</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="JRMC Library Explorer" title="Podcasts">
<evalExpression>"HomePath","Podcasts"</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->

From what I've read, those should be correct, as when in JRMC, those are the names of the media menus that I want to access via Sage. However, I am getting the "please check setup and specify a valid library path" message.

And, in addition, I cannot use the back button on my remote to get out of the JRMC explorer screen.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Your <evalExpression> content is not complete. It needs AddStaticContext() like the examples, e.g.:

<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("HomePath","Playlists\\Audio Playlists")</evalExpression>
Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok. I see that I missed the "StaticContext" part of the menu file.

On my server, the playlists work, but not the podcasts. The podcasts just come up blank; I don't get the "Please check setup..." message. And the back button works from the JRMC screens now.

However, on my MVP, I am still getting the "Please check setup..." message and my MVP locks up.

On placeshifter, I am still getting the "Please check setup..." message, but things are still functional. I can use the MC Toolbar to get to a different screen, then to the main menu.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure you are using the same dynamic menu file for the MVP as you are using on the server and you need to reload it on the MVP whenever you make any changes to the menu file.

Podcasts don't seem to be a standard view scheme so I don't think these will be accessible (it doesn't look like they are even accessible from Theater View in JRMC). Maybe there is a way to create a standard Audio view scheme that makes these accessible but I don't know. Sorry.

Last edited by cncb; 05-29-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

hmmm....

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your help w/ all of this.

Still no dice for me on the MVP. I am definitely using the same menu file. I switched back and forth between one w/o the options and the one that works on my server.

If one reboots the MVP, does that ensure that the menu file is reloaded?

Would you be able to make a change to the plugin so that if it does not find a valid path, it can display relevant details about the menu file? Perhaps which menu file it thinks that it's looking at and what the JRMC plugin settings are? That could be helpful to troubleshoot things.

In JRMC, will I see updates to any logs or anything if Sage w/ the plugin is trying to use it?

I also tried having a Sage UI instance running on my server (which is usually only running the service), and that did nothing either.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Todd,

Are you running your server in the "service mode"? If you are and aren't logging in as a specific user then you won't have access to your JRMC library on the MVP (see the note on the download page).

I will try to improve troubleshooting in a future update. For now, though, I think if you select a button that takes you to a specific screen you will be able to exit the JRMC explorer screen (it shouldn't really be "locked up"). For example, try pressing the TV, Music, or Photos buttons and then press Home.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Craig,

Yes, I do run in service mode. And windows is logged in as a specific user.

If you can think of anything else that I can try, please let me know.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchapin View Post
Yes, I do run in service mode. And windows is logged in as a specific user.
This may be what you meant but the SageTV service itself has to log in as a user (set in the SageTVServiceControl application) which is not the same as being logged into Windows as a user.

Other than that I would try unplugging the MVP and rebooting your server to make sure that the updated menu file is loaded. You might also try to enable the multiple instances option inside JRMC to see if that makes a difference.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

General Setup Note:

I just did a reformat of my server and unlike before had to manually install the Visual C++ redistributable package before it would work. So, it is recommended to install this anyways just in case as part of setup (I added a step in the setup instructions).
Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

Agh..I'm *almost* there. Not sure what's causing this, but I seem to recall that something similiar to this occurs when a background file is missing.

Any thoughts?

I can start sageMC, navigate to my Music menu, then select "playlist" or, in this case, "Music Mix".

Seems like everything else is right but the background. Same sort of thing happens with "playlist".

Matt

This is the sage log when I go to the music mix menu:

Code:
Fri 6/6 21:24:47.860 About to go to screen JRMC Music Mix
Fri 6/6 21:24:47.861 Launching screen JRMC Music Mix
Fri 6/6 21:24:47.862 setUI(sage.b2@1d74dae[JRMC Music Mix]) histIdx=2 uiHistory=[sage.b2@1a64949[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b2@1a64949[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b2@1d74dae[JRMC Music Mix]]
Fri 6/6 21:24:48.144 Loading RawImage of size 80x80 for C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\checkbox_unselected_nofocus.png
Fri 6/6 21:24:48.145 Loading 0x0 image from file C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\checkbox_unselected_nofocus.png
Fri 6/6 21:25:50.786 Ministry is waiting for 180 sec
Fri 6/6 21:26:31.398 Loading RawImage of size 80x80 for C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\checkbox_selected_nofocus.png
Fri 6/6 21:26:31.399 Loading 0x0 image from file C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\Default\checkbox_selected_nofocus.png
Fri 6/6 21:26:46.886 processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:BHKPG-4700143|OptionsMenu:Set Tracks Dialog

** Edit: Ok, it seems to be fixed. I had used a "SageMC_169-4.xml", instead of starting with a fresh file. Much better now.

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jrmc.JPG (432.9 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by matt91; 06-06-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
This may be what you meant but the SageTV service itself has to log in as a user (set in the SageTVServiceControl application) which is not the same as being logged into Windows as a user.

Other than that I would try unplugging the MVP and rebooting your server to make sure that the updated menu file is loaded. You might also try to enable the multiple instances option inside JRMC to see if that makes a difference.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, my service is using the same login info as my windows login.

I've enabled the JRMC option.

I'll try installing that MS C++ thing as well.

Thanks.

Todd
Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Sage User

First of all, this J River app is really darned good and a music plugin of any kind, is very much for needed for SageTV, so very nice work here.

I'm having a bit of trouble. It took me 2 read through this thread to discover that J River should not be running while SageTV is . When J River is running while SageTV is, what happens is that the shortcut to a library opens fine but then scrolling onto the items removes the text and the back and home buttons don't work. I become trapped in the J River screen and I have to kill SageTV and restart it. When I press any of those buttons, I get a "Please check setup and specify a valid library" error.

Once I figured out that J River should not be running, it worked! I no longer got any of that. Then I rebooted my computer and now I always get the problems like J River is running. I've scanned my HKLM..Run registry, startup folder and J River is not auto starting. I checked the task manager and there is no J River exe running, as far as I can tell. I made sure to check that the J River server is disabled.

As this is the first time I have run J River before, are there any hidden exes that could be running without my knowing it? Otherwise, this is the log of when I try and open a J River screen:

Code:
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.013 Launching menu action on net.sf.sageplugins.sagemenu.SageMenu@2b24e6 to net.sf.sageplugins.sagemenu.InternalScreenMenuItem@bdc6a3
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.014 About to go to screen JRMC Library Explorer
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.015 Evaluating AddStaticContext("HomePath","Audio\\Genre/Artist")
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.016 Evaluation of AddStaticContext("HomePath","Audio\\Genre/Artist") returns Audio\Genre/Artist
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.016 Launching screen JRMC Library Explorer
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.065 Increased hash Map pool to size=7
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.066 setUI(sage.b1@3580ab[JRMC Library Explorer]) histIdx=1 uiHistory=[sage.b1@7d7100[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b1@3580ab[JRMC Library Explorer]]
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.066 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.066 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.067 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.067 ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!
Sun 6/15 17:45:49.087 setUI(sage.b1@56e684[JRMC Library Explorer]) histIdx=1 uiHistory=[sage.b1@7d7100[Dynamic Menu by nielm], sage.b1@56e684[JRMC Library Explorer]]
Sun 6/15 17:45:51.248 NextInfo wait finished
Sun 6/15 17:45:53.217 CEPoolSize=5
Sun 6/15 17:45:53.219 CEPoolSize=6
The error seems to be: "ERROR 'IN' rendering op was lost in the animation system!!!." Which I have no idea what it means.

I'm on SageTV 6.3.10 trial, but will be trying the newest beta later today. No service and SageMC 6.3.7a and Java update 4 (newest from their website).

Thanks!

Last edited by mherce; 06-15-2008 at 03:56 AM.