SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Sage User

Wrong output resolution for PAL PVR350 cards when using OSD?

Hi!

I just submitted the following bug to Frey. Any other PAL users experiencing the same thing ?

Problem description:
----------------------

When enabling OSD on the PVR350 output of my _PAL_ PVR350-card, the svideo output on the TV shrinks to 480 lines.
(the 576 lines are squeezed down to 480)

If I then stop SageTV 2.0 and edit the Sage.properties file:

pvr350_osd_locked_height=480
pvr350_osd_locked_width=720

To:

pvr350_osd_locked_height=576
pvr350_osd_locked_width=720

After restarting Sage TV 2.0 I then still only get 480 lines of output on the TV from the PVR350 svideo-output,
AND the OSD is all _garbled_ beyond recognition.

Steps to reproduce:
---------------------

* Start SageTV 2.0 (with TV-out for PVR350 enabled in advance)
* Start playing previously recorded material in 720x576 resolution, showing perfectly on TV
* Enter setup|detailed setup|Multimedia and enable 'Use UI on TVout on PVR350' and immediately the svideo output on the TV shrinks to 480 lines resolution.

(it does not help either to exit Sage TV 2.0 after this change and then restart SageTV 2.0)
Old 01-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Sage User

I have the same problem as described above, so I guess it is a general PAL bug.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

As I already said in an earlier thread: I have the exact same problem. It just doesn't work correctly for PAL tv sets. I think the user "ukp" also sent a bug report for this.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Sage User

Call me ignorant (really, it's OK) but I just have a 'regular' 27 inch TV set and when I enable the onscreen UI via the PVR-350 I get only the inner 80 % of what I'm watching to appear on the TV. Do I have a PAL tv? It's just a Mitsubishi TV. What format do they come in in CA? Thanks.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

PAL is used outside the US As long as you didn't buy your tv set in Europe, Australia, Africa or South-America you probably have a normal NTSC tv set

The problem you're describing seems different. Maybe you should enter a separate bug report for this or open a new thread.
What part of the image do you see? Is there a black margin (or is it just the OSD/UI that doesn't fit on the screen - you can adjust that in the setup)?
Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Sage User

Actually, I can't find where to adjust that. I did some adjustments to the size, but it only affected the monitor's view, not the TV view (via the 350 output). I can't affect that at all and I've looked everywhere for the settings for the size of the TV out. Can't find it. Any help would be nice.