SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Sage Expert

Issue: Setting client to "load at windows startup" opens before the service starts

I am running Sage 6.3.10 in service mode and recently set the "Load at Windows Startup" option to "Yes - sleeping in the system tray" (I use my Server as my client as well). I noticed that when I reboot, the SageTV client shows the Configuration Wizard instead of the Main Menu. I also noticed that the SageTV service did not start even though it's set to auto start.

It seems to me like the SageTV client software is opening before the service starts and therefore causes issues. Are other people experiencing this? Is there any way to workaround this? Ideally, it would be good if the client opened on some delay or only opens after the service has started properly.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)

Last edited by LehighBri; 03-06-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Try the v6.3.10 beta; there was an update to fix that type of problem. If there is still a problem using that verison, then file a bug report.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Try the v6.3.10 beta; there was an update to fix that type of problem. If there is still a problem using that verison, then file a bug report.

- Andy
Yes I'm running 6.3.10 and still having this issue. I will file a bug report. Thanks Andy.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Expert

Update... I submitted a bug and SageTV's response asked me to check if opening the SageTV app started the service (if the service was stopped at the tie).

Opening the application using "Run As Administrator" does indeed start the service. But, even though it starts the service, the client still goes directly to the Config Wizard.

It's not until I close the client and open it a second time that all is well (e..g the service was running that time) so it seems like something is wrong the first time the client triggers starting the service. It's like it starts the service, and then doesn't check again after to see if the service has started.

My latest questions are:
1. Is there a reason why the client doesn't open properly the first time it starts the service?
2. Is there something I can do with UAC so that I don't always have to use the "Run as Administrator" option?
3. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Administrator

You did send your results in an email reply too, right?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You did send your results in an email reply too, right?

- Andy
Yes, I've sent everything to the SageTV beta email... just waiting to hear back. Wasn't sure if others had similar issues which is why I posted here.