SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I changed my STV to sageMC now I cant do anything in the UI

I connected via LAN... where there's no username password. I changed my STV to a sageMC STV. Now, Its stuck. There's no placeshifter safemode? How do I reset the STV? I only know how to do this per username on the server side. I've looked all over. The properties file on is practically empty.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had an issue with a locked up STV choice on an Extender...sounds similar.

Go into the /clients/ folder on the server and find the <mac address>.properties file associated with your placeshifter. There's an entry for the STV you can change back to SageTV3.stv. Of course, this assumes that a Placeshifter gets an entry in the clients folder. I assume it does, but I could be wrong.

If not, there might be a properties file where the Placeshifter is installed that has the STV location in it.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total