SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD Extender and SageMC

My 2 extenders are "out for delivery"

The TV's are ready, cabling is ready, sage server is ready...woohoo.

However, I am not clear on how to get the extender to "use" my sageMC settings from my PC. Meaning I use the sage16x9.xml on my PC...do I simply select that over on the extender. Any idea where it needs to be on Vista with UAC and service mode?

Also, I made some customizations to the SageMC menuing (sagemc_menu.xml)...and it is now called sagemc_menu_new.xml. How do I use that new menu file on the extender? Any help to make setting up the extender would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm fairly sure that when you first connect the extender, its settings will default to the current settings on your server.

As for the STV, when you select the STV on the extender, just select your modified "sagemc_menu.xml" and you should be all set. The extender looks on the server (since that is where its UI is being generated) for STV files, so when you browse for an STV file you will be in your server's SageTV directory.

-Dan

Last edited by CyRex; 03-04-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Also, I made some customizations to the SageMC menuing (sagemc_menu.xml)...and it is now called sagemc_menu_new.xml. How do I use that new menu file on the extender?
These are dynamic menu definition files. You would still load SageMC_169.xml as your STV. With Dynamic Main Menu enabled, you would then open the dynamic menu configuration screen (Main Menu >> open the options menu >> select first item) and load the new definition file.

I don't use Vista, so I can't comment on those questions.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the good explanation! The extenders are delivered and I am updating firmware now....Thanks!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
These are dynamic menu definition files. You would still load SageMC_169.xml as your STV. With Dynamic Main Menu enabled, you would then open the dynamic menu configuration screen (Main Menu >> open the options menu >> select first item) and load the new definition file.
Ahhh good catch, Mike. I was thinking that gibsonpa had made some modifications to the STV in Studio and wanted to preserve those changes.

-Dan