SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Sage User

Recordings not deleted

Hi gang, two questions.

I was playing with my new PVR 500 and Media MVP today I let it record for a while on live tv then manually recorded something. I stopped the recordings and they were removed from the Recorded list in sage but if I look in the directory they are still there. Does sage only delete at certian intervals?

Inteligent record is off Delete live tv files when IR is off is set to yes.

Second I have been playing with the color settings on the tuner but I cannot get it to come anywhere near the quality of the picture coming from my cable box. I have rec quality set to dvd standard play. Now this is on a mvp connected to a tv not on my pc.

Thanks for the help.

John
Old 02-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unless you explicitly delete the recording, it stays until Sage decides it needs the space. And then there's some algorithm where I think manual recordings are the last to be deleted. I think it's described in the manual.

The recordings are still there, btw, you probably have the filter set to "unwatched." If you cycle through the options you'll see you can set the filter to see all of the recorded shows.

Mitch
Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Sage User

I did read about clean up in the manual but I thought it said with IR off it deleted right away.

But anyway I think the cough medicine is getting to me

Look at these file names. I was starting and stopping the same recording. I think sage kept them all trying to make one good one out of them. That is probably why only one shows in recordings. BTW I do not have it filtered.

Any ideas on the quality issue, something simple like the composite out is junk use svideo...lol I am going crazy trying to get the quality to match what is coming out of the cable box.

Thanks again for the time and help.

John

forgot the pic, told you this cough medicine was good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot001.jpg (37.0 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by johnm160; 02-15-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, composite stinks, and in my opinion svideo isn't too far ahead of composite. You want to use component if possible or even hdmi if possible.

And, you're right, Sage is simply making new files each time you (re)started the recording. It should present them as a single program. If you watch the program you'll probably see tiny gaps or red parts in the time bar (for example if you pause the program).

But, it's all good. Sage will delete files as it needs to. But, I think manual recordings are the last to be deleted. Personally, I just delete the file once done watching. Otherwise, recent recordings get deleted before old ones lying around for weeks.

Mitch
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Sage User

Thanks Mitch,

This is an SD MVP on a SD tv so S Video is as good as it's gonna get. The quality is still off though since it looks so much better right out of the wall. I just dont know if it is a sage issue or the PVR 500.

John

P.S. I am going to the hardware thread for quality the issues.

Last edited by johnm160; 02-15-2008 at 11:45 PM.