SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC Manual

Is there a manual for the SageMC Customization?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
Is there a manual for the SageMC Customization?
You likely already know this, but in case a new SageTV user comes along, I will note that the official SageTV PDF manual can be found HERE (note this is for the standard SageTV that you purchase - not SageMC)

For the SageMC custom Interface that you are asking for there isn't really a manual that I know of anyway. The main forum thread has tons of useful information in it and can be found HERE, but it is a very long read.

I did a fairly detailed introduction to SageMC with screenshots and a screencast walk-through on my blog that might be of interest to you if you're new to SageMC.
Part 1 can be found HERE and
Part 2 (focus on customization features) can be found HERE

I hope that helps you get started. Feel free to ask questions on the forums here as there are many users who can help out.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Sage User

I wish there was a wiki for SageMC.

A great way to do it, could be that every time someone asked a question (that isn't a bug etc., but about functionality), and got an answer, the info would be put in the wiki. Preferably by the asker themself, or else by someone else.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
[I]
I did a fairly detailed introduction to SageMC with screenshots and a screencast walk-through on my blog that might be of interest to you if you're new to SageMC.
Part 1 can be found HERE and
Part 2 (focus on customization features) can be found HERE

I hope that helps you get started. Feel free to ask questions on the forums here as there are many users who can help out.
Thanks for the information. I will look at your blog. I am new to sageTV and SageMC. I really like the menu of SageMC and am aware that it does quite a bit more than the standard interface.

Whate are the chances that Sage will add a forum Just for SageMC? Searching through one large and lengthy thread makes it very difficult to find answers to questions.

Do the developers of SageMC have a web site and forum?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Brent...your blog is great! I did not really "get" the whole SageMC thing until seeing your blog with screenshots. Thanks for all your hard work.

Actually, I first found your review of the HD extender and that has led me to ditching Vista MC and purchasing Sage and waiting to purchase 3 extenders....

Come to think of it, your blog has cost me a lot of money =)
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Brent...your blog is great! I did not really "get" the whole SageMC thing until seeing your blog with screenshots. Thanks for all your hard work.

Actually, I first found your review of the HD extender and that has led me to ditching Vista MC and purchasing Sage and waiting to purchase 3 extenders....

Come to think of it, your blog has cost me a lot of money =)
Sorry about that

Thanks for the complement!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
Thanks for the information. I will look at your blog. I am new to sageTV and SageMC. I really like the menu of SageMC and am aware that it does quite a bit more than the standard interface.

Whate are the chances that Sage will add a forum Just for SageMC? Searching through one large and lengthy thread makes it very difficult to find answers to questions.

Do the developers of SageMC have a web site and forum?
Sage doesn't run this forum themselves. Opus4 would be the one to add the new forum. I know this has come up before, but it might be time now that MC has become so popular.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

So, what about it Opus? Could you put a fourm together for SageMC?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

A quick search for "subforum" shows at least 2 previous discussions here and here. I'm sure there are more, though, but I'll just repeat this part: there is no need to discuss everything SageMC related in a single thread. However, additional topics about it in the customizations forum could be easily distinguished if the topic's title contained a reference to "SageMC"... like this one does.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
A quick search for "subforum" shows at least 2 previous discussions here and here. I'm sure there are more, though, but I'll just repeat this part: there is no need to discuss everything SageMC related in a single thread. However, additional topics about it in the customizations forum could be easily distinguished if the topic's title contained a reference to "SageMC"... like this one does.

- Andy
OK, I filed a support ticket on this to get a sub-forum created. I figure if SageTV likes the idea it'll make its way to Opus4
Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

I wonder what the criteria would be for a thread going in a SageMC sub-forum?

But wait ...... everyone seems to post into the SageMC thread anyway, so a sub-forum with 1 thread in it doesn't sound like it's particularly required.

Now if the SageTV Customizations Forum was full of SageMC threads it might be justified, but by my count there are only 4 SageMC threads in the last 2 weeks.

John
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
OK, I filed a support ticket on this to get a sub-forum created. I figure if SageTV likes the idea it'll make its way to Opus4
As a sidenote... are u still using unraid?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical View Post
As a sidenote... are u still using unraid?
I use it to store and server all my music and movies. I do not use it as video storage as it still has write performance issues for HDTV streams. Supposedly the next release is to address these.

I still like it a lot though and have had no issues adding or rebuilding disks. So thats the most important thing for me.