SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Noobish question: SageMC and STX-HD100

I really like the SageMC menu layout. If I connect a STX-100 with SageTV configured to use SageMC, will the STX-100 menus be layed out like SageMC or the default layout.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
will the STX-100 menus be layed out like SageMC or the default layout.Thanks
You can use SageMC or the standard one on the extender regardless of how you have your server set up - it's up to how you want it to look.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

newbie here too....I have SageMC all setup just perfectly on my PC now...in anticipation of the new HD extender.

Question is: if I select for the HD extender to use the SageMC interface..will it have all my SageMC customizations (menu renames, themes, etc) from my PC...or will I have to re-customize SageMC on each extender...I plan to buy 3.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Each extender will be exactly what you have on the Server. You just have to load the same SageMC_16x9-n.xml file that the server is running.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Question is: if I select for the HD extender to use the SageMC interface..will it have all my SageMC customizations (menu renames, themes, etc) from my PC...or will I have to re-customize SageMC on each extender...I plan to buy 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Each extender will be exactly what you have on the Server. You just have to load the same SageMC_16x9-n.xml file that the server is running.
Loading the same SageMC_169-n.xml will give you the same set of plugins already installed, however any configuration settings (which reside in a different .properties file for each client/extender/placeshifter) would normally have to be set separately for each client.

But.....Lucky for you , we added a new feature in the latest release of SageMC that allows you to backup/restore all SageMC specific configuration settings. You can access the backup/restore functions in Settings >> SageMC >> Main.

So, just save a backup from your pre-configured server UI and then restore that backup in each of your other clients. That should hopefully give you identical configurations across all clients. Just make sure you have the current sagemc.jar file (...\SageTV\JARs) from the download. The version that was initially released did not handle extenders/placeshifter properly. HTH

Aloha,
Mike