SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using the first menu item from the SageMC Setup page called Import STVI to install the Netflix plugin on your extender?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Are you using the first menu item from the SageMC Setup page called Import STVI to install the Netflix plugin on your extender?

Gerry
Yep, sure did. Same way I imported it on the server.

I just did a little digging, and since I imported it on the server first, it create a SageMC_169-1.xml file. Upon importing it into the Media Extender, it created a SageMC_169-2.xml file. So...I went to my extender and fired up the SageMC_169-1.xml through the STV interface and voila...it seems to be working.

Is this a bug, or was I supposed to do what I did? Seems strange that the -1 would be any different from the -2...doesn't it?

Regardless, I think I'm in good shape...going to start entering codes.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I just did a little digging, and since I imported it on the server first, it create a SageMC_169-1.xml file. Upon importing it into the Media Extender, it created a SageMC_169-2.xml file. So...I went to my extender and fired up the SageMC_169-1.xml through the STV interface and voila...it seems to be working.
@Morgan

I assume you are creating the import using GKusnick's Studio Tools. If so, did you create the import using the latest version and did you include the latest version of the required Jar file?

I ask this because any studio tools version before the latest did not support importing on extenders or placeshifter and the symptoms that Addict is experiencing would be expected.

Also, it isn't enough just to include the latest Jar file. You have to go through the export process using the latest version as well. This may not be the problem, but I figured I would bring it to your attention anyway.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
@Morgan

I assume you are creating the import using GKusnick's Studio Tools. If so, did you create the import using the latest version and did you include the latest version of the required Jar file?

I ask this because any studio tools version before the latest did not support importing on extenders or placeshifter and the symptoms that Addict is experiencing would be expected.

Also, it isn't enough just to include the latest Jar file. You have to go through the export process using the latest version as well. This may not be the problem, but I figured I would bring it to your attention anyway.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,

Yes, I'm using the latest that Gregg has and it imports fine on my extender so

Addict, perhaps you had an older version of gkusnick.sagetv.jar in your SageTV/JAR directory an did not unzip the new version from the NetFlix zip file? It should have a 12/3/2007 date.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Mike,

Yes, I'm using the latest that Gregg has and it imports fine on my extender so

Addict, perhaps you had an older version of gkusnick.sagetv.jar in your SageTV/JAR directory an did not unzip the new version from the NetFlix zip file? It should have a 12/3/2007 date.
Not sure...I imported it to my server client, it worked. I walked over to my extender and did the same, it didn't. I then took the STV that the server client was using, and used that on the Extender, and it worked. <shrug>

Let me ask this...does the Extender automatically use whatever STV the client interface is using? If so, that would mean I effectively imported it twice on the Extender (which maybe causes issues?) I wouldn't expect that to work that way, but it's the only thing I can think of right now.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Not sure...I imported it to my server client, it worked. I walked over to my extender and did the same, it didn't. I then took the STV that the server client was using, and used that on the Extender, and it worked. <shrug>
Look in your \SageTV\JARs folder and make sure the date for gkusnick.sagetv.jar is 12/3/07. If it is older, then that is your problem.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Look in your \SageTV\JARs folder and make sure the date for gkusnick.sagetv.jar is 12/3/07. If it is older, then that is your problem.

Aloha,
Mike
Sorry, my VPN wasn't working earlier to home so I couldn't get on. I got that fixed, so I took a look. The date on gkusnick.sagetv.jar is in fact 12/3/07.
Media Server / NAS:
Old 03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

dumb question - I have totally forgotten how one updates an STVi. I tried to load up the newest version of the plugin and now I have multiple entries in the internal menus for it and the options are still in the wrong places

Do I have to reload SageMC all over again or is there some way of updating individual STVis?
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

You need to start from the original SageMC_169.xml or load the SageMC_169-x.xml before the first NetFlix was imported.
If it was the last thing imported, just go back to the index that is one less than the one loaded.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
You need to start from the original SageMC_169.xml or load the SageMC_169-x.xml before the first NetFlix was imported.
If it was the last thing imported, just go back to the index that is one less than the one loaded.
Ah, I thought I remembered that I had to start over each time...just wasn't sure. (I need to stop playing with sage when I am post call and lacking sleep)

Thanks for you help, The plug-in is pretty cool. Just waiting on the day we all figure out how to configure our hauppage remotes to control the playback.
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to get this to work on the standard STV? I was able to import it by changing the .xml extension to .stvi and I was able to created a link to the internal screen. it comes up and I am able to select some of the categories, but I don't see a cursor and sometimes it will cause Sage to stop responding.

I'm a bit hesitant to switch to SageMC, but if I can't get this plugin to work with the standard STV, then I might just have to switch.

flips
Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC is an upgrade to the STV I was hesitant at first because I used the standard STV for a long time.. but Im so happy I upgraded and opened up a world never possible before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Is it possible to get this to work on the standard STV? I was able to import it by changing the .xml extension to .stvi and I was able to created a link to the internal screen. it comes up and I am able to select some of the categories, but I don't see a cursor and sometimes it will cause Sage to stop responding.

I'm a bit hesitant to switch to SageMC, but if I can't get this plugin to work with the standard STV, then I might just have to switch.

flips

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-08-2008, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Girder file for Netflix

Hi,

so finally I have got Girder (4.0) set up with the Netflix plugin, and now I can do everything with the remote. This is so cool now... The attached file contains actions for PLAY/PAUSE, FULLSCREEN, WINDOW, NEXT EPISODE, PREV EPISODE, and EXIT.

Note: you will have to modify this file for your own setup ! First, you will need to map the actions to the source events of your remote control. And second, most of the actions involve absolute mouse move actions which position the mouse cursor on the screen. If you are not running 1360x768 the you will need to modify the values to fit your screen.

This is provided "as-is", just as a help to get you started.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip netflix_girder.zip (995 Bytes, 270 views)
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Morgan,

one thing I noticed in the recent version: the "Search Title" dialog within the Browse submenus is screwed up, it looks like the dialog is 'duplicated' at the bottom:

No big deal within Netflix, but it also screws up the search dialog in the Online Videos menu, and this makes it impossible to search for any videos in there because the 'Ok' button is not reachable any more...

Dirk
Old 03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome! Thanks! Im going to try it as soon as I get home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi,
Quote:

so finally I have got Girder (4.0) set up with the Netflix plugin, and now I can do everything with the remote. This is so cool now... The attached file contains actions for PLAY/PAUSE, FULLSCREEN, WINDOW, NEXT EPISODE, PREV EPISODE, and EXIT.

Note: you will have to modify this file for your own setup ! First, you will need to map the actions to the source events of your remote control. And second, most of the actions involve absolute mouse move actions which position the mouse cursor on the screen. If you are not running 1360x768 the you will need to modify the values to fit your screen.

This is provided "as-is", just as a help to get you started.

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Morgan,

one thing I noticed in the recent version: the "Search Title" dialog within the Browse submenus is screwed up, it looks like the dialog is 'duplicated' at the bottom:

Dirk
I just installed Sage v.10 and have the same problem now, but its in all input menus making me think this is a Sage Bug and not a STVi bug.

-ali
Old 03-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

v1.1 comments

Just installed it (reinstalled all of Sage tonight) and noticed that you kinda hid away the netflix password, but it's still in the clear any chance we can hide that?

very much impressed with the progress btw, keep up the excellent work.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Sage User

Missing setup

I can't seem to find the setup pages. I loaded it as the directions say, went into the Netflix menu, but i was never prompted for the settings.

Any ideas?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijiwani View Post
I just installed Sage v.10 and have the same problem now, but its in all input menus making me think this is a Sage Bug and not a STVi bug.

-ali
With a clean install of v.10, the input menus are just fine. It's only when the netflix STVi is read over it do the menus go bad. I am unable to use the netflix STVi as a result.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

This is provided "as-is", just as a help to get you started
Dirk
For those of you that use girder, I've discovered a way to map the following watch-now controls to your girder-controlled remote without the need to map mouse button actions:
Pause
Play
Full-Screen/Windowed Mode toggle
Next (go to next episode for television shows for example)
Previous (go to previous episode for television shows for example)
I think there are some more, but I'm still checking.

This is good because you don't have to worry about the resolution of your screen to point your mouse. Working great for me and I'll have a gml file posted sometime today after I play around with it just a little more. This might help those using GhostScript and firefly as well. More soon...