SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimator View Post
After a fresh Windows install on a new hard drive, it assigned my root to K: instead of C: like before.
You might have better success keeping your main drive letter as C. You can change that in the Windows Administration under control panel.

EDIT: When I said "better success", I'm really talking about how all programs might look for the c drive by default.

Last edited by Brent; 03-02-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Morgan111

I installed v1.0 and now v 1.1 and I'm seeing the same minor issue. When I click "Watch It Now", nothing happens. The thing is, my root drive is K: (not C. Is your STVi calling out Internet Explorer from a nonexistant location and is there a workaround?

I've used this since the initial release with no problems. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed last week. After a fresh Windows install on a new hard drive, it assigned my root to K: instead of C: like before.

Keep up the great work!
I need to add this to the setup options. There is a property in sage.properties or sageclient.properties you can change to specify the correct path to IE. Look for the following line and change it accordingly.

plugins/NetFlix/ie_path=c\:\\program files\\internet explorer\\iexplore.exe
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Morgan,
I did a quick run-through of the 1.1 plugin update this evening. Everything is working well and it looks good too.
A few things I noticed:
  • I couldn't figure out how to disable a certain genre from the list (in the settings). I tried, but couldn't get it to "turn off" a certain genre.
  • The genre's in the browse watch-now aren't alpha sorted.
Neither of those things are a big deal at all, but thought I'd mention it.

Now that I have girder set up to control the pause, play and exit functions it's really nice to use on the HTPC.While I was testing it out, my daughter asked me "what channel is that?" That's how good it looked on the 36" SD tv I was testing on.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 PM

Your fix worked!

I changed "plugins/NetFlix/ie_path=c\:\\program files\\internet explorer\\iexplore.exe" to "plugins/NetFlix/ie_path=k\:\\program files\\internet explorer\\iexplore.exe" in my sage.properties file and the movie loaded perfectly.

Thanks for the support.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Make sure you transfer the entire zip contents to the Program Files/SageTV/SageTV directory. And they of course the other tip given where it must be imported in a SageMC that does not already have another NetFlix already loaded. And if you have other imports, there could perhaps be a conflict from some previously loaded import that causes the NetFlix to import incorrectly. Try loading NetFlix right after going back to a fresh SageMC STV load if that is the case. But of course wait a few minutes for version 1.10...!

How did I miss that hoover thing?
Well, I followed your and Gerry's recommendations...downloaded the full version of SageMC and installed over top of my previously working version. Now I've got the same problem (that I used to only have with the Netflix plugin) throughout all of SageMC. I can't even use it now...

I've tried reinstalling and rebooting both the server and extender and reinstalling and rebooting and reinstalling.....

I know this likely now out of the hands of the Netflix plugin, but would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on the SageMC thread. I'm not even sure I remember how to navigate with the default STV! <beh>

Please see this thread (photos included):
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=5900

Thanks,
AL
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Morgan,
  • I couldn't figure out how to disable a certain genre from the list (in the settings). I tried, but couldn't get it to "turn off" a certain genre.
  • The genre's in the browse watch-now aren't alpha sorted.
Neither of those things are a big deal at all, but thought I'd mention it.
When you bring up the Genre Filter under NetFlix setup, you should be able to toggle that enable checkbox on the right side of the list item. I just notice that checkbox is not easy to read on the extender with the default theme.

I thought about sorting the list before but forgot to put that on my list. I'll look at sorting the genres like that next time.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When you bring up the Genre Filter under NetFlix setup, you should be able to toggle that enable checkbox on the right side of the list item. I just notice that checkbox is not easy to read on the extender with the default theme.
Ah. That explains it since I was doing that part using my SD extender in the bedroom (got kicked off of the living room TV)

Quote:
I thought about sorting the list before but forgot to put that on my list. I'll look at sorting the genres like that next time.
Like I said, definitely not a big deal. Just thought I'd mention it to get it on the list for the next update.

Thanks by the way for your continued work on this. Netflix Watch-Now went from being a novelty that only I used with my laptop once in a great while to something my daughter, wife and I are actually using as an on-demand channel. Excellent work on an excellent plugin Morgan!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Well, I followed your and Gerry's recommendations...downloaded the full version of SageMC and installed over top of my previously working version. Now I've got the same problem (that I used to only have with the Netflix plugin) throughout all of SageMC. I can't even use it now...

I've tried reinstalling and rebooting both the server and extender and reinstalling and rebooting and reinstalling.....

I know this likely now out of the hands of the Netflix plugin, but would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on the SageMC thread. I'm not even sure I remember how to navigate with the default STV! <beh>

Please see this thread (photos included):
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=5900

Thanks,
AL
When you did the full install of SageMC 6.3.7 did you make sure all of SageTV was shutdown? The service and/or exit it out of the tray?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Still having a few buffering issues...
Trailer starts playing, then stops about 30 seconds into it. If I then press
Restart, it will play the whole thing through.

It would be nice to be able to extend buffering a bit.
I am running most current Sage 6.3.10 and latest SageMC.

Also, just a personal preference, would it be possible to add Poster View
to Que view?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy View Post

Isn't the buffering completely controlled by the Netflix Watch-Now viewing application? I'm guessing here, but I would think you get whatever buffering the IE, Netflix app gives you so it couldn't be adjusted by the plugin could it?

I guess you could do a start, and then pause right away for a while and then play. That would handle your buffering problem I think. I don't experience any problem with playback at all fortunately.

EDIT: After I re-read your post, I noticed you're talking about trailers. I think the same answer sort of applies though.

Last edited by Brent; 03-03-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
When you did the full install of SageMC 6.3.7 did you make sure all of SageTV was shutdown? The service and/or exit it out of the tray?

Gerry
Yep, definitely. Re-installed 3 times. Haven't had a chance to revert to a pre-full-install backup yet, but that's my next step unless any other ideas crop up.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy View Post

I am running most current Sage 6.3.10 and latest SageMC.

Also, just a personal preference, would it be possible to add Poster View
to Que view?

Thanks!
I use the same code for trailers that SageTV created for the Online Videos (with some blocks removed). It waits up to 3 seconds after downloading before continuing. You can try to extend that time to see if that resolves your issue. Open up Studio and look for the following line:
GetFileDownloadStreamTime() > 3000

The first occurance should be in menu "NetFlix Movie Details". Try changing that value to something higher like 5000 or 6000 and try it out while you have Studio open. If that works for you, you can save the xml.

The Queue is a linear type of function that isn't quite as practical in a multi-column grid view and also with the right arrow pop-up menu usage. I would however like to improve the queue display and include additional queue information on that screen.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Manage Queue

I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1 and now it seems that I can't manage my queue (move items up or down). Watch now and trailers work great, just the queue is causing me problems. Is any one else seeing this?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey View Post
I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1 and now it seems that I can't manage my queue (move items up or down). Watch now and trailers work great, just the queue is causing me problems. Is any one else seeing this?
Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. While I can move movies within the queue in Sage; when I save it and recheck the queue, it hasn't changed. My queue on Netflix's site hasn't changed either.

When I change my queue around on the Netflix website, the changes appear within Sage after a moment.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. While I can move movies within the queue in Sage; when I save it and recheck the queue, it hasn't changed. My queue on Netflix's site hasn't changed either.

When I change my queue around on the Netflix website, the changes appear within Sage after a moment.
The only issue that I have noticed is that when I make a change to the queue and save it, it does not show the change on the website until I log off and back on. You can see if that is the case for you.

I see that NetFlix is having a little trouble with their cover art server tonight. I was afraid they changed something.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Sage User

Still no luck

I logged out of NetFlix, cleared all my cookies, went to Sage, moved a movie to the top, saved. Opened browser, navigated to my queue and there were no changes. Navigated back to my queue in Sage and it also was not updated.

I reverted back to 1.0a and am actually seeing the same behavior. I swear I had this working with 1.0a and no problems...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey View Post
I logged out of NetFlix, cleared all my cookies, went to Sage, moved a movie to the top, saved. Opened browser, navigated to my queue and there were no changes. Navigated back to my queue in Sage and it also was not updated.

I reverted back to 1.0a and am actually seeing the same behavior. I swear I had this working with 1.0a and no problems...
Just logging out and logging right back in was enough for me to see a change. But it sounds like you are not seeing the queue change within Sage as well when you go back to the queue menu.
You may try restarting Sage again to see if that corrects it. That seems to definitely be necessary after a password or username change. You can also PM me with your sage.netflix.log file, which could shed some light on it.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I use the same code for trailers that SageTV created for the Online Videos (with some blocks removed). It waits up to 3 seconds after downloading before continuing. You can try to extend that time to see if that resolves your issue. Open up Studio and look for the following line:
GetFileDownloadStreamTime() > 3000
Well, I tried and changed the above and it didn't seem to help... it is very strange how this loads. I also tried pausing right after playback starts to let the trailer load, but it seems that while paused the download also pauses...

What is interesting is that with an earlier version of this plugin, it played fine.

Oh well, guess I'll have to let it load/stop/restart for now
Thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi. After all my trials and tribulations from re-installing everything when I couldn't get this plugin to work on my Extender, I'm right back where I started with the Netflix plugin on my Extender. Same poor graphics.

Samples of what the graphics look like can be seen in this link: (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31168) I did not take photos of the Netflix screens because it's the same pixelated view as those I already took photos of.

Note that when running SageTV on my server...it looks just fine, and appears to be functioning as expected.

Again, it's JUST the Netflix plugin that has these issues and only on the Extender, everything else is fine. As well, the Netflix plugin appears to be working directly on my server client.

Please help...not sure where to go from here.
Media Server / NAS:
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Hi. After all my trials and tribulations from re-installing everything when I couldn't get this plugin to work on my Extender, I'm right back where I started with the Netflix plugin on my Extender. Same poor graphics.

Samples of what the graphics look like can be seen in this link: (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31168) I did not take photos of the Netflix screens because it's the same pixelated view as those I already took photos of.

Note that when running SageTV on my server...it looks just fine, and appears to be functioning as expected.

Again, it's JUST the Netflix plugin that has these issues and only on the Extender, everything else is fine. As well, the Netflix plugin appears to be working directly on my server client.

Please help...not sure where to go from here.
Forgot to mention, on the Extender - I don't have anything in the settings area (to set up my account). But, again, that exists when I fire up the server client.
Media Server / NAS: