SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Great! Hey, "if it works...."

I would leave it as you have it now. I'll just hold on to the changes for the next update or if someone else sees the same kind of thing but not the same issue as you. I also plan to move the interface code for SilverLight from the customplayer.exe to the dll so the customplayer won't have to be called at all. It was just more timely to make use of the functionality in there then to recreate some of that in the dll.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Distorted video in all trailers

I have very good high quality video playback for netflix movies and everything else in sageTV (including youtube, google, movietimes trailers, hdtv movies, etc).

Im attaching another picture... it looks like it almost has no color with diagonal lines going across it, almost like its an old fashioned TV with bad analog over-the-air reception.

Is this a known issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer.jpg (338.2 KB, 165 views)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbone View Post
Unfortunately I'm not running a similar configuration, so I'm stabbing in the dark, but my guess is that you would need to change the settings for the SageTV service to have it run as a local user account, and let it interact with the desktop -- but I could be way off.

Edit:
A detailed how-to, with a list of requirements from those that have Netflix/Loopback working would be helpful. Seems to be a common question, and I know it would be handy when I finally get around setting up an HD200 myself.
my service runs with the default localsystem user already since my server is self contained with no outside recording directories. I am still poking around looking for an answer to this. I am soooo close.
Client2: HD200, 40" Samsung LCD bedroom
Client3: HD100, 42" Panasonic Plasma kid's playroom; Client4: MVP, 36" CRT basement workout area; Client5: MPV 13" CRT garage workbench
Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
[The movie trailer] looks like it almost has no color with diagonal lines going across it. Is this a known issue?
Don't know if it's "known", but I'm having the same problem.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam99 View Post
my service runs with the default localsystem user already
Do you have the "allow service to interact with desktop" box checked?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm not running a similar configuration, so I'm stabbing in the dark, but my guess is that you would need to change the settings for the SageTV service to have it run as a local user account, and let it interact with the desktop -- but I could be way off.

Edit:
A detailed how-to, with a list of requirements from those that have Netflix/Loopback working would be helpful. Seems to be a common question, and I know it would be handy when I finally get around setting up an HD200 myself.
heh, you gave me the answer already and I did not realize it. I did not realize that you meant run it as local user AND let it interact with the desktop was not the same thing, i thought running as local allowed the other. I found a post poking around that mentioned it being a checkbox and voila, netflix pops up now.

Unfortunately, it is popping up the netflix log in window, where it wants my username/password, but it is not filling those values in. I definitely have them in the sage.properites, sageclient.properties and even in the client folder in that specific extenders properties. So I am taking a break as my eyes are crossing from all the searching and running out for some groceries. Will figure this out later this evening.

thanks for helping get me to this point =)
Client3: HD100, 42" Panasonic Plasma kid's playroom; Client4: MVP, 36" CRT basement workout area; Client5: MPV 13" CRT garage workbench
Old 03-01-2009, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh okay, I wonder if this is something that we can fix on our end or it's netflix just sending us messed up video. I know the trailers on their website look fine... not sure if we get the trailers from the same source or not.

Morgan and others... do you see it too? It's kind of hard not to notice.

Quote:
Don't know if it's "known", but I'm having the same problem.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam99 View Post
Unfortunately, it is popping up the netflix log in window, where it wants my username/password
I believe you'll need to fill in those values (keyboard attached to the server), and check the box "Remember me on this computer". After that, you shouldn't be prompted for a password any more. You'll need to do this with the browser window that the SageTV server service opens.

Last edited by brainbone; 03-01-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Oh okay, I wonder if this is something that we can fix on our end or it's netflix just sending us messed up video.
I was thinking it could be a codec issue, but have been hesitant to mess around with anything, since I have everything else working moderately well.

I think it's getting decoded by Cyberlink PDVD9 on my system.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Oh okay, I wonder if this is something that we can fix on our end or it's netflix just sending us messed up video. I know the trailers on their website look fine... not sure if we get the trailers from the same source or not.

Morgan and others... do you see it too? It's kind of hard not to notice.
I tried it on 2 clients (Vista and XP) and don't see that problem. The flv ineternet path is scraped from the movie page and then just played by the Sage player as it is downloading.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I believe you'll need to fill in those values (keyboard attached to the server), and check the box "Remember me on this computer". After that, you shouldn't be prompted for a password any more. You'll need to do this with the browser window that the SageTV server service opens.
thanks brain, everything is working now except for the sound, and i am sure i just have that muted in the video card setting somewhere. It is an old all-in-wonder i slapped in just to use a monitor to originally set up the server. I will run that one down easy enough. Thanks for the pointers, my goal of having this setup and working in one day is in reach!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Does sageTV have a hardcoded filtergraph (using it's own internal directshow filters) or can filters outside sageTV insert themselves the filtergraph? Do you know what decoder is used to play these files?

I have some directshow filters on my system which are capable of playing flv.

Is there a way to change what filter(s) is used?

Edit: I took out all Cyberlink video filters (mpeg2/H.264) from sageTV. However, the playback is still the same. It appears there's an external filter component that is causing this. Anyway to see whats the real filtergraph used for the sageTV media player for this trailers? Whatever it is, its not happening for other flash video sources such as google video and you tube videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
I tried it on 2 clients (Vista and XP) and don't see that problem. The flv ineternet path is scraped from the movie page and then just played by the Sage player as it is downloading.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-01-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Is there a way to change what filter(s) is used?
I think you can try "media_player_plugin_class/flv=sage.LinuxMPlayerPlugin" in sage[client].properties to force SageTV to use its internal decoder for FLV, but I have yet to try it.

Last edited by brainbone; 03-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
SageTVaholic

That didnt make a difference either... I'm REALLY curious now.. at least we know its reproducible. What else can interfere with these trailers ONLY? I havent see this effect on any other videos.

Quote:
I think you can try "media_player_plugin_class/flv=sage.LinuxMPlayerPlugin" in sage[client].properties to force SageTV to use its internal decoder for FLV, but I have yet to try it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
That didnt make a difference either...
Do you have "always_use_dshow_player=true" set? Could try changing that to false.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

It was already set to false. I tried setting it to true and it didnt help either.

EDIT: PS, FullscreenOSD does NOT work anymore for these trailers. I'm guessing this might be related to the issue. Again, no issues with youtube FLV flash videos.

Quote:
Do you have "always_use_dshow_player=true" set? Could try changing that to false.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-01-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Again, no issues with youtube FLV flash videos.
I wonder if it's worth going through the effort of making a custom online video entry with a couple links to some Netflix previews to see if they have the same problem when played directly through SageTVs Online Video section...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

It would be worth it to me.. if I knew how It bugs me that I finally have netflix working under sageTV finally, but not completely working.

Quote:
I wonder if it's worth going through the effort of making a custom online video entry with a couple links to some Netflix previews to see if they have the same problem when played directly through SageTVs Online Video section...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It would be worth it to me.. if I knew how It bugs me that I finally have netflix working under sageTV finally, but not completely working.
Unfortunately, I'm officially out of free time until next weekend. If it hasn't been sorted by then, I'll give it a shot.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh okay. Thanks. It might be up to you since morgan cant reproduce it. Maybe he might have some ideas... Well, at least we got everything else working.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm officially out of free time until next weekend. If it hasn't been sorted by then, I'll give it a shot.

***RIP SageTV***